It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic at all times in this board.

Please be respectful to other members and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: SuperMech Tournament
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:28 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Hi Guys,

Regarding a rematch, I dont think we need to do so. Captain won, without foul play, he deserves to progress. I dont intend to try suggest anything else, there was no intention to suggest ill intent, and I hope my comments have not raised any ill feeling.
As I said and stressed in my first post since our match;
Quote:
'This is NOT to say I am unhappy with the result, rather a constructive observation for next tournament.'

I simply raised the points with regards to clarification for future rounds or future tournaments.

BTW Captain has PM'ed me, offering and even suggesting a re-match to avoid any 'gray areas' about his progress to the next round - I think Captain has proven himself to be a gentleman, he's a good player and he won fair and square. We did even exchange PM's in between the matches where I raised the question of who goes first. As Captain said also I did get two full turns when it was my start, despite having a level 28 mech vs his level 24 build. This is what I refered to as
Quote:
This was amplified by a seemingly different game mechanic; where for equal level mechs the first person to start the match got two full turns rather than one turn.

There is no gray area about his progress, any gray areas are only in regards to the rules applied.

As mentioned in posts above, I was late for the airport to collect my wife, and rather than mess Captain around I waned to complete the match, I didnt have time to wade through the 13 pages of thread to clarify the rules, and there even if I did so, I dont think there is any clear guide on if the 'gentlemans rule' should be applied.
(lucky for me her flight was delayed, and she didnt even know I was late, I dont think she'd have understood my logic :) )

Sorry for the ramble, its 6.30 am and I am off to work, so no time for a re-read - you get the point tho, I hope :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:38 am 
Corporal
Corporal

SideOneDummy wrote:
BigDaddy22 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Regarding a rematch, I dont think we need to do so. Captain won, without foul play, he deserves to progress. I dont intend to try suggest anything else, there was no intention to suggest ill intent, and I hope my comments have not raised any ill feeling.
As I said and stressed in my first post since our match;
Quote:
'This is NOT to say I am unhappy with the result, rather a constructive observation for next tournament.'

I simply raised the points with regards to clarification for future rounds or future tournaments.

BTW Captain has PM'ed me, offering and even suggesting a re-match to avoid any 'gray areas' about his progress to the next round - I think Captain has proven himself to be a gentleman, he's a good player and he won fair and square. We did even exchange PM's in between the matches where I raised the question of who goes first. As Captain said also I did get two full turns when it was my start, despite having a level 28 mech vs his level 24 build. This is what I refered to as
Quote:
This was amplified by a seemingly different game mechanic; where for equal level mechs the first person to start the match got two full turns rather than one turn.

There is no gray area about his progress, any gray areas are only in regards to the rules applied.

As mentioned in posts above, I was late for the airport to collect my wife, and rather than mess Captain around I waned to complete the match, I didnt have time to wade through the 13 pages of thread to clarify the rules, and there even if I did so, I dont think there is any clear guide on if the 'gentlemans rule' should be applied.
(lucky for me her flight was delayed, and she didnt even know I was late, I dont think she'd have understood my logic :) )

Sorry for the ramble, its 6.30 am and I am off to work, so no time for a re-read - you get the point tho, I hope :)
well put BigDaddy! I did not realize you started first with two turns with a 28 mech against a 24 — I can see that Captain did no worse then (regardless of the confusion). As far as Captain PMing you — I'd have to agree, that was mighty gentlemanly of him! Good going Captain! Overall, I think rather than calling it a messy fight, I should have just referenced the tourney as a learning tournament! Nice serendipity in regards to picking up your wife (sorry she missed her flight was delayed though).

Oh, and not really a ramble but just some clarifying context. Oh, and what you wrote was clear — I am pretty sure I got the point of what you said!

I believe an apology from me is in order - to both BigDaddy and Captain. My intention was not to cause/stir-up any ill feelings, rather to have a good/clean tournament - which I can say with utmost certainty that we do have - as demonstrated by the current participants.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:50 am 
Corporal
Corporal

So there is only one question left. Who picks level cap first? Me or Niko? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:46 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

me and him had 2 matches, i won both but ever since i havent been able to get a hold of him

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:50 am 
Corporal
Corporal

SideOneDummy wrote:
Has the lilconquer jonsem match even taken place yet? Perhaps, captain, the tourney has to wait until that happens first.

No problem at all!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:26 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

he gives me the win

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:10 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

well if jones isn't willing to finish lil wins..

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next