It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: So is MikeMike back?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:25 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

This guy is fighting at lvl 20, the highest competitive lvl on SM.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:00 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

starwa7s wrote:
What use is that ^_^ If it's only me who cares, the admins will most likely overlook it. If people agree with me here, then it's not something that can really be overlooked.

A Pm would bring it even more to my attention than this. Anyway, I'll sit down with our developer on this.
Without telling too much, we came to the conclusion that some cheat already earlier this week and removed all those score, so I am wondering how he still made it....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:13 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

starwa7s wrote:
Thing is admins are running both BD and SM. They have a lot of work on their hands, so without public awareness, complaints most probably won't be addressed (my own personal opinion, I may be wrong) if it's just the one.

But if you were moderating multiple games would you respond to one complaint over multiple complaints? It makes sense to create public awareness if you want to be taken seriously by the admins.

1. admins don't "overlook" complaints, just becuz they "haven't done anything yet" doesn't mean they overlook it. There are many factors in play that we don't know.

2. the time it took for the public to notice about this thread, and start to spread and eventually came to "public awareness", and then the admin notice it and start taking action, is WAY longer than just a simple PM to any admin either through skype or forum PM.

3. creating a public awareness is not really a good idea, it might lead to flaming. Plus, the one who you reported, whether he's really cheating or not, will be having a not-so-happy look towards u. It might affect u in a negative way.

the number 3 is actually one of the reason why we don't handle cheating reports on the forum.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:41 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

how do you know that is mike? also, how do you know that mike is cheater? i m just asking, because i dont know that. besides, i ve fought with him several times and he is WEAK...also, i look at the replays of Foootiss and have seen a guy named imbackmike5mike....fooootiss almost beat him. i admit, i havent look at polak guy s replays...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:38 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Filipas wrote:
how do you know that is mike? also, how do you know that mike is cheater? i m just asking, because i dont know that. besides, i ve fought with him several times and he is WEAK...also, i look at the replays of Foootiss and have seen a guy named imbackmike5mike....fooootiss almost beat him. i admit, i havent look at polak guy s replays...

That account 'youaredead' is one which has been flagged on the forum as one of mike5mikes farming accounts (Mike was 1 hitting 'youaredead' at high level time afetr time). If Polak is farming it, then it strongly suggests polak is mike5mike.

(did mike5mike get banned or something?)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:04 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

SideOneDummy wrote:
aister wrote:
starwa7s wrote:
Thing is admins are running both BD and SM. They have a lot of work on their hands, so without public awareness, complaints most probably won't be addressed (my own personal opinion, I may be wrong) if it's just the one.

But if you were moderating multiple games would you respond to one complaint over multiple complaints? It makes sense to create public awareness if you want to be taken seriously by the admins.

1. admins don't "overlook" complaints, just becuz they "haven't done anything yet" doesn't mean they overlook it. There are many factors in play that we don't know.

2. the time it took for the public to notice about this thread, and start to spread and eventually came to "public awareness", and then the admin notice it and start taking action, is WAY longer than just a simple PM to any admin either through skype or forum PM.

3. creating a public awareness is not really a good idea, it might lead to flaming. Plus, the one who you reported, whether he's really cheating or not, will be having a not-so-happy look towards u. It might affect u in a negative way.

the number 3 is actually one of the reason why we don't handle cheating reports on the forum.
Agreed 100% on your first two points, but on your last point, I do not completely agree that public awareness is always bad. Issues (not players necessarily, which I recognize is the point of this thread) should generally be public. I joined this forum just to complain about the weapons-not-being-loaded bug, and before I had explained it to TheSingular, no one even realized what exactly was occurring (at least on the forums). Gains in collective intelligence should never be completely overlooked. Targeting people can obviously be a no-no, but if certain individual exploits are being taken, sometimes the public should know about it.

I agree that bugs, suggestions and stuffs are good being reported on the forum. After all, we have a mod team who will send those to the admins as soon as possible. And having it posted on the forum can allow others who might have more information about the bugs to post and help us fix them (or opinions about the suggestions so we can either put it in popular suggestion list, or shoot it down).

However things like saying "this guy is cheating" or "I'm not cheating" or "I did cheat, but I learnt, I won't do it again" (or also known as, cheating reports and ban appeals) aren't things that should be done in public. The reasons are already stated above.

since it's SM the effect can be small, however in the other game, BD, making someone hate u can lead to some very annoying things, including ppl forming a team just to annoy u all era, or even try to frame u and say that u cheated. But no matter wat game u're talking about, it's best not to post it on public.

If u suspect anyone that he/she is cheating, PM it directly to any admin, preferably Ilona since she's in charge of dealing with those stuffs in SM. And she'll deal with it for u.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:04 pm 
Captain
Captain

SideOneDummy wrote:
aister wrote:
starwa7s wrote:

Agreed 100% on your first two points, but on your last point, I do not completely agree that public awareness is always bad. Issues (not players necessarily, which I recognize is the point of this thread) should generally be public. I joined this forum just to complain about the weapons-not-being-loaded bug, and before I had explained it to TheSingular, no one even realized what exactly was occurring (at least on the forums). Gains in collective intelligence should never be completely overlooked. Targeting people can obviously be a no-no, but if certain individual exploits are being taken, sometimes the public should know about it.

Public awareness is bad. Good examples are Diablo and Runescape when they made announcements about nerfing bots. The whole community almost died and prices went all over the place. People worked harder to make new bots and ruined the game sort of. But SM is different, either way its still something that should be confidential.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:23 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

BigDaddy22 wrote:
Filipas wrote:

That account 'youaredead' is one which has been flagged on the forum as one of mike5mikes farming accounts (Mike was 1 hitting 'youaredead' at high level time afetr time). If Polak is farming it, then it strongly suggests polak is mike5mike.

(did mike5mike get banned or something?)

so he was playing on 2 PC s lol....with himself....so cheap.... :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2