It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

When a match is found, have the option of declining the match if the opponent is 3+ levels higher.
Yes 64%  64%  [ 9 ]
No 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
Tweak (How) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: Matchmaking Notification
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:46 am 
Corporal
Corporal

When looking for a random match, if the matchmaking system finds a match and that match is 3+ levels higher than your own playing level, then an option button appears to accept or decline the match...

Doesn't need to say who the player is you'll be fighting, just that it's 3+ levels higher...

You could even increase the difference to 2+ levels. This would cut down on quitting I would believe and give a better over all game experience...

Tweak option added.
-Korupt

Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Notification
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:50 am 
Major
Major

I just tend to watch the levels change in the matchmaking window and also the kind of gear on the mech. If it is too higher or has gear that would make a large difference I simply stop matchmaking and restart.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:01 am 
Corporal
Corporal

That's quite a waste of time IMHO. You can sit there with the matchmaking process continuing and if the level comes up too much higher have the option of accept or decline rather than starting over numerous times...

Many times the matchmaking window was looking at 3 higher and 3 lower and I get someone of my level. So repeatedly starting the process over rather than just having the option not to take the match seems like working harder, not smarter...

I personally don't like playing someone lower than me unless they're wanting to play...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:14 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Back to to the original suggestion then.
Paingawd wrote:
When looking for a random match, if the matchmaking system finds a match and that match is 3+ levels higher than your own playing level, then an option button appears to accept or decline the match...

Many of you may not know it but in ranges of 20-29, the matchmaking range has been reduced from +/- 4 lvls to +/- 3 lvls.
Even though there were no official announcement about it, it has been in place atleast a month now.

If 4 lvls higher opponent would be too much for you, then just play in range of 20-29.

--
Aeacus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:30 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

i fought these days with 2 3 guys , wich were level 30 to 31, and i was level 27...so the matchmaking is with 4 + - at the 27 lvl range

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next