It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is DoP really that good?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:03 pm 
Major
Major

If you think there is really a difference between a 12 eta move and a 12 eta attack than that would explain a lot. No matter what you are sooooo easily trapped it is always a stupid decision. If you take everyone at the word in a game such as this that would also be one of the major issues. As someone that has played this game for years you should have known to only make short hops from op to op. As for your million and one ways to prevent being trapped on a 12 eta move, there is only one way to do so and that is do not make that move in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:16 pm 
Captain
Captain

Vault if you ordered an eta 12 retreat on E4 I doubt I'd ever play with you again. :3 just saying from a completely unbiased standpoint.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:08 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I meant a million and one ways to prevent getting trap on a trip 12 ticks long; I know how to op jump spank you very much. Slinky, I have ordered a 12-tick move in E4 (SA to Africa :roll: ) And I don't take everyone for their word. I try though, don't expect everyone to keep it and take measures against who don't, but that's mostly when I lead and/or got quite some control over the alliance's decisions. However, does ANYBODY in this game automatically things everyone's word is meaningless and untruthful?

Btw, I know a couple of ways to make ETA12 moves and not get caught. How? Well, a magician doesn't reveal his tricks :3 But if you don't think there's a way, you've still got much to learn ;)

Just because I got backstabbed once, or cause I can get backstabbed again, doesn't mean I'll start distrusting everyone. Doesn't mean I'm wrong for being in this position. My word here is my word; I'd consider myself to be a psycho if I say something in this game that isn't true in the real world, unless I'm using that lie as a weapon, and I don't think I've done that very often. The why is simple: my word is law for me and whoever hears it. It's my way, probably the way of many others, and that doesn't mean me/we have an issue; you don't like to be true to your word, we do. You're better than me/we for it?

PS: In case I get called on for this, yeah I included a lot of ppl in the latter sentences, but you're all welcomed to dissasociate yourselves from it, which is why I wrote me/we in them; I can stand alone if nobody agrees, I don't really care.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:10 pm 
Major
Major

thechessshark13 wrote:
I meant a million and one ways to prevent getting trap on a trip 12 ticks long; I know how to op jump spank you very much. Slinky, I have ordered a 12-tick move in E4 (SA to Africa :roll: ) And I don't take everyone for their word. I try though, don't expect everyone to keep it and take measures against who don't, but that's mostly when I lead and/or got quite some control over the alliance's decisions. However, does ANYBODY in this game automatically things everyone's word is meaningless and untruthful?

Btw, I know a couple of ways to make ETA12 moves and not get caught. How? Well, a magician doesn't reveal his tricks :3 But if you don't think there's a way, you've still got much to learn ;)

Just because I got backstabbed once, or cause I can get backstabbed again, doesn't mean I'll start distrusting everyone. Doesn't mean I'm wrong for being in this position. My word here is my word; I'd consider myself to be a psycho if I say something in this game that isn't true in the real world, unless I'm using that lie as a weapon, and I don't think I've done that very often. The why is simple: my word is law for me and whoever hears it. It's my way, probably the way of many others, and that doesn't mean me/we have an issue; you don't like to be true to your word, we do. You're better than me/we for it?

PS: In case I get called on for this, yeah I included a lot of ppl in the latter sentences, but you're all welcomed to dissasociate yourselves from it, which is why I wrote me/we in them; I can stand alone if nobody agrees, I don't really care.

If you think a 12 eta move hidden or not is ever justified then you are the one with much to learn. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:23 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

WAW is the sub of DoP :P

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:56 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

KD, I've used an ETA 11-12 attack to kill 2 armies completely and 1/3 of 2 more armies, my army being just a bit bigger than each of theirs individually (just better weapon choice). It was on E4 on the AcO vs BoS war :lol: And I can assure you, that was the best shot I could make with my army at that moment. I'd bring up the BR if I had it saved, gotta search for it on the forums and hope I posted it :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:04 am 
Major
Major

thechessshark13 wrote:
KD, I've used an ETA 11-12 attack to kill 2 armies completely and 1/3 of 2 more armies, my army being just a bit bigger than each of theirs individually (just better weapon choice). It was on E4 on the AcO vs BoS war :lol: And I can assure you, that was the best shot I could make with my army at that moment. I'd bring up the BR if I had it saved, gotta search for it on the forums and hope I posted it :(

Just because it has worked in the past to kill an idiot does not mean that it should be used. Of course I think that has been shown here. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:04 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Korupt wrote:
thechessshark13 wrote:

Just because it has worked in the past to kill an idiot does not mean that it should be used. Of course I think that has been shown here. ;)

I killed 4 members of the alliance that ended up winning the era. They were no idiots ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:31 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Still a snowballs shot in hell VD.

We arent arguing that a 12 tick attack/move never works. We are saying that making a 12 tick move is quite possibly the stupidest move available in any situation. Especially when you can span farther distances making 2 tick moves.

Now what my alliance will do after FUR and RAGE are dead? Beats me, too many blues for my liking.

-Pete

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:03 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I'd say a 24-tick attack would be more stupid than a 12-tick move, but I was never arguing about that either; I was called stupid for making that move and told that move was 100% always stupid, and I just had to clarify it, I won't argue about general gameplay anymore, I still think this is the War and Diplomacy forum so I'll remember considering it like that, though I still am forced to remember this is the GPD now... yuck.

Still, not having the last word on it leaves a bad taste in my mouth (call me petty if you may) so I'll just say my argument and some points on its favor: a 12-tick move is not always the stupidest move available in any situation, because it's plausible whenever you can't be online throughout the journey and it's a relatively safe journey, or when you're able to trick your way into either a safe port or a kill much bigger than your loss. I'd say a 24-tick attack would be the stupidest move in any situation, specially if it's to a friendly colony :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next