It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Quitting Suspension
Yes(thanks) 50%  50%  [ 6 ]
Tweak(how) 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
No(why) 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Multiplayer Quiters Keeping Honest
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:44 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Assuming this is possible this would be really cool where.. if someone quite 5 online multi player games in a row or a few... on the first round or possibly just quitting.. they're now suspended from multi player games for 5 minutes or a certain amount of time.. it's a waste of time for both of us when someone will join to fight me then leave over and over.. etc.. this would just keep these people honest and help make the game better... just something I thought of thanks for reading:)

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

Post subject: Re: Multiplayer Quiters Keeping Honest
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:49 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

RupertAngier wrote:
Assuming this is possible this would be really cool where.. if someone quite 5 online multi player games in a row or a few... on the first round or possibly just quitting.. they're now suspended from multi player games for 5 minutes or a certain amount of time.. it's a waste of time for both of us when someone will join to fight me then leave over and over.. etc.. this would just keep these people honest and help make the game better... just something I thought of thanks for reading:)

I'm somewhat agree, but perhaps the time and amount need to be fiddled with.

MORE BD Comics on Facebook

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:40 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

wow nice.. we should battle sometime gecko:) but quitting should not be rewarded and should be discouraged in a way like this imo

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:59 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Rather than punish quiters, I think its better to reward the one quit upon, as Deflowerer said. But I dont think it should be as low as 10xp or 10 credits.

I have two suggestions, the first (and IMO best)
I suggest either give 20% of xp and credits for first turn quit, then 40% on second turn, 60% on third and 80% on fourth - as it is now but shifted forward to give 20% rather than zero on first turn.

My reasoning;
I suspect the zero on first turn rule is to try to reduce farming of one's alt account, where a player simply quits his alt every time for fast free credits and xp. But there are alt-farmers (evidenced by the replay list) and they dont use the 'quit on first turn' nor will they do if its worth 20% of win value. What they do is simply create a very very weak mech and kill it with 1or 2 shots in the first turn - thereby getting the full reward for a win.
Keeping the zero reward for a 1-turn quit does not avoid this cheap method and the only reward is a place on the rankings - which is so bugged as to be virtually ignored by many/most players.

Second option
simply disable the quit buton until the second turn of the match.

So I voted 'tweak' as I dont think we should punish the quitter, rather reward the other player.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]