It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Save Kongregate battledawn
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:06 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 YIM  Profile

aister wrote:
I don't know wat's the situation that Kong has, but judging from the post the players are getting less and less. However asking ppl from com to play Kong won't be good enough.

just out of curiosity, have you ever figured out why kong is getting less players?

nope

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:44 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

hmm i will give it a go anyway, milanos sayin theres no battlehugs has me interested lol

Thanks for the Sig Dawnice ;}~

Wins on this account:F4 Era 16 (Led JFF and finished Rank 1)

Allies ATM:none ;{~

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:39 pm 
Major
Major

Obviously I agree with what Milan said since I am from kong as well. As for what Aister said about going to the kong forums well the kong forums would be specific for each game so they would already have to be on BD for us to talk about BD to them lol.

aister wrote:
just out of curiosity, have you ever figured out why kong is getting less players?

Probably the same reason the population on .com has decreased as well. If we could work with kong to have the game re-released so to speak we may be able to draw in a lot more players for kong as well as .com.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:13 pm 
Private
Private

Let it die, and let this BD die too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:25 pm 
Major
Major

samsonite wrote:

Why even bother posting something like that?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:17 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

it seems kong is suffering from the same problem com is having.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:24 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

samsonite wrote:

Get out Non-Believer!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:04 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Milanos wrote:
Considering I started playing on Kong, I feel I should chip in here.

Kongregate and .com are essentially the same, game-wise. The mechanics are the same on both, though for a long time that was not true because Kongregate had not been updated for a long time. However, the atmosphere on Kong and on .com is a lot different.

Now of course a lot of this might have changed since I have been gone, since in all fairness I have not played on Kong for a long time. But the thing about Kongregate is that it has several advantages over .com and one important drawback. The advantages are that it is an easier place to start for newbies. There is a sidebar chat, which I know many of us have profited from and from which many have learnt. Because of this, the community on Kong is quite close. Everyone knew each other, whether it was from the kong chat or eventually through skype. However, recently there has been criticism here on .com about how everyone knows each other and just helps each other turning it into Battlehugs. That is one other big advantage of Kong, there is no Battlehugs. Again, this might have changed since I was there, but subs were absolutely despised by the good players. You made your alliance and fought for what you were worth, even if it was a losing battle. There is more fighting, usually the entire era long.

However the main thing that I believe breeds many Kong players to be such good players is the complete lack of boosting by top players. On Kong there are no mass boosts (or just 1), there is barely any boosting by the players themselves. What this means is that for income you are dependent on what you manage to gather for yourself, so the focus is much more on resource OPs, on conquers, on outposts. Now you might say this is also the case on .com, but on Kong it was just more focused.

Which brings me to Kong's major disadvantage, the total player counts are very low. I believe it's 200-300 nowadays on most worlds? There is not much to feed on, you can't grow very big. And this at the same time is also why the transition from Kong to .com is so crazy for many players. I am speaking from my own point of view here, but my first round on .com was on M1. I entered the world and started doing what I did on Kong, grab everything you can, grow that way. The difference is that .com has (had?) large populations, so if you use that way of playing here on .com you grow to insane levels (1000+ power, as illustrated).

I'm drifting away from my point, obviously. But my point is that I think the skill level of Kong's top players lies above the top .com players. The top players could never rely on boosting, it was just pure strategy and activity. Korupt, Ace, Gon, Urko, Toast, Van, Aoki, Ana, Dan.. All are guys that do not boost and that I would pit against any team with the knowledge we could win.

It's hard to explain, but the mindset is just a different one. Too stubborn to die, always fight, always war, never settle for second. Get income from taking everything, have 6 people online at all times, ACTUAL teamwork.. I feel melancholic just thinking back on how it was.

I've kind of lost track of what point I was trying to make. But in short, Kong just breeds good gameplay, good players. There is no hiding behind boosting, you win by virtue of your own skill and only your own skill. The mindset is what we would like to see here on .com as well, fight and keep fighting. It is a sad thing that many of the old greats (most on my list) have left Battledawn by now, and it's a sad thing that it could have been prevented. But what I would like to see most of all is that Kong gets back the populations of the old times.. The Kong mindset combined with 3k population worlds, constant fighting all over the world.. It's just lovely. Massive income, massive squads counts.. Melancholy again.

Either way, I'm not sure how to finish this post. I come from Kong, I'll always see myself as a Kongregate player despite not playing there for years, and Kong has bred me to be the player I am.

I have not ever played kong for a long time i didn't even know it existed. I have however played .com for quite a long time now. And that self same mindset is true in the alliance I roll with here on .com Good start = Claim mines + Build network + Activity = Win. Being fair to .com most of the alliances I play with (ok mostly fantasy worlds not the big boosting worlds like E1 and such) we boost very little if at all and still do well and/or win.

I know a small handful of players who play kong from time to time, not many however and doubtful enough to make an alliance over there, which is part of the reason I will not play .kong, Building a good enough rep to get into good alliances on .com can take some work. Me suddenly trying to play .kong would erode all that and it would likely be hard to find a decent alliance to play with even with the few people I do know who play Kong.

Another turn off for me on playing kong is the tick speeds, there are few if any 1 / 2 tick worlds on kong and I for one cannot play higher than 2's ;) I can't sit in front of the screen for every minuit of the damn day after all.

Also some of the kong players have "Complained?" (not sure that's the best way to put it) have told me that a lot of the kong players are younger / immature and being honest I have enough bother dealing with the Uria's the india's and such of .com without finding more of the same on Kong.

These may all turn out to be false of course. Having never played kong all I know about it is based on hear say and conjecture but what I have heard doesn't make it seem appealing to me as a .com player.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:19 pm 
Major
Major

Tempist wrote:
Milanos wrote:
Considering I started playing on Kong, I feel I should chip in here.

Kongregate and .com are essentially the same, game-wise. The mechanics are the same on both, though for a long time that was not true because Kongregate had not been updated for a long time. However, the atmosphere on Kong and on .com is a lot different.

Now of course a lot of this might have changed since I have been gone, since in all fairness I have not played on Kong for a long time. But the thing about Kongregate is that it has several advantages over .com and one important drawback. The advantages are that it is an easier place to start for newbies. There is a sidebar chat, which I know many of us have profited from and from which many have learnt. Because of this, the community on Kong is quite close. Everyone knew each other, whether it was from the kong chat or eventually through skype. However, recently there has been criticism here on .com about how everyone knows each other and just helps each other turning it into Battlehugs. That is one other big advantage of Kong, there is no Battlehugs. Again, this might have changed since I was there, but subs were absolutely despised by the good players. You made your alliance and fought for what you were worth, even if it was a losing battle. There is more fighting, usually the entire era long.

However the main thing that I believe breeds many Kong players to be such good players is the complete lack of boosting by top players. On Kong there are no mass boosts (or just 1), there is barely any boosting by the players themselves. What this means is that for income you are dependent on what you manage to gather for yourself, so the focus is much more on resource OPs, on conquers, on outposts. Now you might say this is also the case on .com, but on Kong it was just more focused.

Which brings me to Kong's major disadvantage, the total player counts are very low. I believe it's 200-300 nowadays on most worlds? There is not much to feed on, you can't grow very big. And this at the same time is also why the transition from Kong to .com is so crazy for many players. I am speaking from my own point of view here, but my first round on .com was on M1. I entered the world and started doing what I did on Kong, grab everything you can, grow that way. The difference is that .com has (had?) large populations, so if you use that way of playing here on .com you grow to insane levels (1000+ power, as illustrated).

I'm drifting away from my point, obviously. But my point is that I think the skill level of Kong's top players lies above the top .com players. The top players could never rely on boosting, it was just pure strategy and activity. Korupt, Ace, Gon, Urko, Toast, Van, Aoki, Ana, Dan.. All are guys that do not boost and that I would pit against any team with the knowledge we could win.

It's hard to explain, but the mindset is just a different one. Too stubborn to die, always fight, always war, never settle for second. Get income from taking everything, have 6 people online at all times, ACTUAL teamwork.. I feel melancholic just thinking back on how it was.

I've kind of lost track of what point I was trying to make. But in short, Kong just breeds good gameplay, good players. There is no hiding behind boosting, you win by virtue of your own skill and only your own skill. The mindset is what we would like to see here on .com as well, fight and keep fighting. It is a sad thing that many of the old greats (most on my list) have left Battledawn by now, and it's a sad thing that it could have been prevented. But what I would like to see most of all is that Kong gets back the populations of the old times.. The Kong mindset combined with 3k population worlds, constant fighting all over the world.. It's just lovely. Massive income, massive squads counts.. Melancholy again.

Either way, I'm not sure how to finish this post. I come from Kong, I'll always see myself as a Kongregate player despite not playing there for years, and Kong has bred me to be the player I am.

I have not ever played kong for a long time i didn't even know it existed. I have however played .com for quite a long time now. And that self same mindset is true in the alliance I roll with here on .com Good start = Claim mines + Build network + Activity = Win. Being fair to .com most of the alliances I play with (ok mostly fantasy worlds not the big boosting worlds like E1 and such) we boost very little if at all and still do well and/or win.

I know a small handful of players who play kong from time to time, not many however and doubtful enough to make an alliance over there, which is part of the reason I will not play .kong, Building a good enough rep to get into good alliances on .com can take some work. Me suddenly trying to play .kong would erode all that and it would likely be hard to find a decent alliance to play with even with the few people I do know who play Kong.

Another turn off for me on playing kong is the tick speeds, there are few if any 1 / 2 tick worlds on kong and I for one cannot play higher than 2's ;) I can't sit in front of the screen for every minuit of the damn day after all.

Also some of the kong players have "Complained?" (not sure that's the best way to put it) have told me that a lot of the kong players are younger / immature and being honest I have enough bother dealing with the Uria's the india's and such of .com without finding more of the same on Kong.

These may all turn out to be false of course. Having never played kong all I know about it is based on hear say and conjecture but what I have heard doesn't make it seem appealing to me as a .com player.

Well as for alliance size since the population is lower there the alliance sizes are much smaller, usually 4 man or less. Not sure if you meant it this way but the way I read your comment about reputation is if you were to play on kong you reputation would go down. I can say using myself as proof that your reputation would not suffer, I myself am a konger and in fact I have never had the chance to play a round on .com seriously but my reputation from kong has carried here and I have many top .com players wishing to play with me or just to even see me play. Now for your third point about maturity level, yes kong has some immature players but so does every site you cannot escape that. Is it more common than .com or galaxy? I honestly can't say but what I can say is that some of the most intelligent, respectable, and overall good people I have ever met I met on kong and even though they no longer play we still keep in touch even years later.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:23 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

korupt bragging :lol: jkjk

but 6 tickers are difficult

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next