It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Resistance of CPU Mechs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:10 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

My guess is that the cpu uses highly modified parts that are illegal for normal mechs to have... It is your job to stop them before it gets out of hand. :P

Anyways, it is a bot and not a human player. So of course they would get things that players don't get. Example, the God Mode mech.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:14 pm 
Major
Major

Computers need to be given advantages such as that since they cannot respond in the same way a human player can.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:16 pm 
Major
Major

I am almost certain that this change was not added after the new campaign. In fact I would say it is not even a change but has always been there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:43 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

For me in single player, the builds do often change as I re-log in (as SideOneDummy says) and there are ofter mechs with no resists at all. I can beat upto 12 levels higher on normal, upto about 7 levels higher on hard and about equal on Insane, using the same build that I use in multiplay.

The issue with insane is that I use shield builds and his 3 attacks can knock over a shield almost at will, so I am the one wasting turns trying to keep the shield up. I dont have enough creditd goins spare to tailor a PC-crunching build, but I am guessing two non-knockback swords, and low shield reliant builds is the way to go - by which I mean high resists and armour with a low level shield thats not so important to the build if it goes down.

Edit to add

Having bought a few more pieces, I can change for a level 53 vs computer build. Two swords without knockback and either a shed load of armour with one resist module - or - 3 reists and less armour both work.
This has allowed me to easily defeat normal upto level 70 and (slightly less easily) hard upto 70 and insane upto 58 (and still going) while playing at level 53 - around 5k credits per match (as premium).
No need to bother with subtlties like shield and droid, just use teleport or hook to stay close and keep swinging those swords.
If he starts 1 step away from the edge, teleport into the gap behind him and strt swinging.
If he starts next to you, start swinging.
If he starts inbetween, either hit him with knockback to one step from the edge and teleport behind him, or telport next to him and wait for him to stomp/knock you back into the corner, when you hook him.

If you hit with two swords, you'll generally pop his energy shield in one round, and his heat shield in one or two.

First round he'll put up shield and droid, ideally you want to get two sword blows before he puts up his shield. Once his shield goes up, just knock it down.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]