It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: JFA-It Takes a Village
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:12 pm 
Private
Private

This "SOLO" adventure required the help of WLI (who took out BH – Braveheart), and an era long NAP with COLD.

So you had them act as a sub, taking out a huge rival early, and you promised COLD that they would finish no less than a 3rd in exchange for their apathy.

You act like there is some epic battle between you and WEAK.

Rumor has it that you are going to go to war with WLI to prove otherwise, but even they don't think that you will. They are a little upset that you would threaten them after they took out BH.

I've never heard as much bragging and chest thumping in the game. You and Michael (from M1) should get together. I've heard from others that NERO should join you.

I would like to congratulate your teammates, they were very active and conducted themselves (for the most part) in a manner that would reflect highly upon themselves. So to the rest of you… I Congratulate You.
KJ

Post subject: Re: JFA-It Takes a Village
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

martinhawk wrote:
This "SOLO" adventure required the help of WLI (who took out BH – Braveheart), and an era long NAP with COLD.

Help which we never requested and in fact asked them not to give. BH ended up attacking WLI - the exact comment of Varidhish on the matter was "we could have killed you together". A NAP either party can cancel with an up front warning.

Quote:
So you had them act as a sub, taking out a huge rival early, and you promised COLD that they would finish no less than a 3rd in exchange for their apathy.

We promised CoLD no position. Ever. I did the chat with Gavin, nothing was promised. We simply said we intended to kill everyone east and it shouldn't be difficult for them to have some fun. They offered us their help in war, we refused.

Quote:
You act like there is some epic battle between you and WEAK.

Hardly, the way Weak played wasn't epic at all.

Quote:
Rumor has it that you are going to go to war with WLI to prove otherwise, but even they don't think that you will. They are a little upset that you would threaten them after they took out BH.

Some of us pushed for warring WLI from the start, others pushed for allying them since the start. Mixed feelings. We told WLI no on era long naps - but we also have no intention to war people without reason just to prove we're capable of taking out inactive watchers. They became a possible target because they hold a relic - which we want 10 of.

Quote:
I've never heard as much bragging and chest thumping in the game. You and Michael (from M1) should get together. I've heard from others that NERO should join you.

Not much to brag about, there was no one good to fight. I think you're confusing a lack of respect for players who show us no ability to challenge us for a pride for our own abilities. We came here because we wanted to be tested. But there was no test to be found. Many of our team consider our own team under par, but there's no one out there playing serious able to take advantage.

Quote:
I would like to congratulate your teammates, they were very active and conducted themselves (for the most part) in a manner that would reflect highly upon themselves. So to the rest of you… I Congratulate You.
KJ

If you believe JFA is active you truly missed the golden days of E1. We wouldn't be #3 with our current playstyle 2 years ago.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:33 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Here's how I saw this era in relation to CBop;
Having just finished an era with CBop, how could I turn down an invite from an alliance featuring several CBop members with our main expected rival being another alliance featuring several CBop members (and the same leader)?
It was too perfect. CBop vs CBop. I couldn't wait.

Riddle me this:
1. Why would JFA send a sub to do a job that surely demands the attention of the main (killing the main era rivals, an alliance full of seasoned veterans)
2. Why would JFA deprive ourselves of the fun of killing our main era rival? None of us are here for a win, we've got plenty of those. We're here for fun.

The idea that WLI is our sub and that we had them kill BH for us doesn't make sense, because it isn't in keeping with what we (or any sensible/fun loving main) would do.

I was disappointed that we never got to fight BH, more than anything. If WLI was our sub, it would never have gone down that way. (I'd have thought we'd send WLI after Melt while we went for BH? All moot though, because we don't have any subs, and we don't want any)

Not an especially exciting era, of course, but not one in which the winners had subs, sorry. Hate on us for not killing enough alliances (our actual failure), not for 'having subs', because that's just crazy talk.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:03 am 
Private
Private

Let me make it clear, WLI was not a JFA sub... I tried talking to the BH leader early era if he wanted any agreement and we didnt have one so we just went to war they went totally inactive, we won.. the era just went well for us.
We had just placed to mess around for fun, was not a serious era.
Anyway congratulations to all JFA members for winning the era :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:20 pm 
Captain
Captain

martinhawk wrote:
I've never heard as much bragging and chest thumping in the game. You and Michael (from M1) should get together. I've heard from others that NERO should join you.KJ

If i must let you know.. i have already got together with Michael (from M1) :)

Retired.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]