It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Super Mechs Chat
Yes(thanks) 89%  89%  [ 16 ]
Tweak(how) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No(why) 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: Chat System
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:24 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

It would be extremely cool if super mechs would have a chat system.. The reasons are.. Look at battle dawn a lot of the fun is the social part of the game.. It's why people are drawn to the game.. Super mechs has the forum sure but it'd be great to take this to a new level..
There wouldn't be an in game chat(people would flame etc.. Maybe an I game chat could be set phrases though) anyways.. It would be a lobby chat.. Where all of super mechs can talk.. We would have mods checking to make sure things don't get out of hand.. And we can use other methods to control the chat.. You would be able to add certain people to private chats.. I sort of view these chats as a super mechs alliance.. If tournaments get going the game could explode with greatness.. And things like a super mechs alliance would be fantastic and be understandable to have.. Also a chat would help people stay to the game.. Ie socialness and they can now get help etc.. I know Skype is great.. But asking a noob to get it to chat.. Is rediculous and will hurt super mechs.. I'm not saying Skype is bad.. It is a very great tool.. But a noob isn't going to join super mechs and know about Skype etc.. And is more likely to quit..
The game could use more to it and I think this is one of the things that will take it to the next level..

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

Post subject: Re: Chat System
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:26 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

RupertAngier wrote:
It would be extremely cool if super mechs would have a chat system.. The reasons are.. Look at battle dawn a lot of the fun is the social part of the game.. It's why people are drawn to the game.. Super mechs has the forum sure but it'd be great to take this to a new level..
There wouldn't be an in game chat(people would flame etc.. Maybe an I game chat could be set phrases though) anyways.. It would be a lobby chat.. Where all of super mechs can talk.. We would have mods checking to make sure things don't get out of hand.. And we can use other methods to control the chat.. You would be able to add certain people to private chats.. I sort of view these chats as a super mechs alliance.. If tournaments get going the game could explode with greatness.. And things like a super mechs alliance would be fantastic and be understandable to have.. Also a chat would help people stay to the game.. Ie socialness and they can now get help etc.. I know Skype is great.. But asking a noob to get it to chat.. Is rediculous and will hurt super mechs.. I'm not saying Skype is bad.. It is a very great tool.. But a noob isn't going to join super mechs and know about Skype etc.. And is more likely to quit..
The game could use more to it and I think this is one of the things that will take it to the next level..

Agreed, voted yes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:34 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

This isn't really the same thing.. I'm saying a normal super mechs chat with cool add ons not an in game chat..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:49 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

If that post got 100 tweak votes no one would care too much.. A tweak vote doesn't really do anything honestly..
Can't remember who wrote that thread it won't make it off of that idea.. An In game chat where you're battling is asking for trouble.. I think the chat I proposed avoids that.. Now having in game set phrases you could say would be different.. But anyways the topics are quite different..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:01 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

How about a lobby where you can see everyone that is online. Then the ability to form a chat room for people to join or perhaps only for the creator of the room to invite people into. In the case of making a room for people to join, the creator will be able to ban/kick anyone from that created room. Should alleviate a lot of headaches...

Last edited by Paingawd on Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:07 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

That's the basic idea of it pawn:)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:10 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

chat in game no. dont need more lag issues especially when you only get 20 seconds for 2 moves. but i would be in favor of being able to search players and send them a message

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:23 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

You can add the poll yourself. :P

Just go to your first post and hit edit. scroll all the way down and you should see an option to do so. :)

Edit: was respond to a different topic ( welll I thought so anyways) and now i am here..... :lol:

so... a yes from me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next