It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: 'Unknown Outposts'
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:52 am 
Private
Private

There are many things I don't understand. But the one that's killing me now are the 'Unknown Outposts'. Please tell me what they are, who creates them, how one creates them , how one sees or scans them, how one fights or conquers them; basically everything that one needs to know about them to effectively use them or deal with them in the game. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: 'Unknown Outposts'
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:03 am 
Major
Major

They are ops that belong to other players that are not in your radar range. When you expand your radar range to cover them you will see who they belong to and be able to scan, attack, or jam them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:06 am 
Private
Private

If u dont understand alot talk to the admin they will message u back and tell you thats what they are there for

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:10 am 
Major
Major

djudd wrote:
If u dont understand alot talk to the admin they will message u back and tell you thats what they are there for

While that is true admins are also busy and have other tasks they must complete so they may not be online when you message them causing you to have to wait awhile. I would suggest applying for a mentor in the adopt a newb center, it will give you access to a skilled player that will personally help you and answer any questions you have. They may even be able to get you into an alliance. viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1036&start=0 Is the link if you wish to request a mentor. Good luck and welcome to battledawn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:43 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

This is the best way to learn the basics bro :)
You will be 100 % Satisfied :)

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:26 am 
Private
Private

Korupt wrote:
They are ops that belong to other players that are not in your radar range. When you expand your radar range to cover them you will see who they belong to and be able to scan, attack, or jam them.

Thanks! I now understand what they are, I think! Sadly, I still have no clue how to create one myself or deal with one. My basic questions remain the same as follows:

1. If I wanted to create an 'unknown outpost' myself, how do I do it? Is there a structure level you need to get to before you can create one? If so, what is that?

2. If there is a prerequisite, how come it seems like some 'unknown' players have them from the very beginning of the game?

3. You said: "When you expand your radar range to cover them you will see who they belong to and be able to scan, attack, or jam them." So far so good! But, how exactly do you 'expand you radar range to cover them'? Again, is there a level of structure that you need to be able to do that? Again, what is that? And, if it is something beyond basic, how come it seems that some players are able to do that from the get go? How do they do it? What do I need to do to be able to do that like those players?

Finally, I could go on and on with questions on that topic but it really comes down to this concrete example:

I'm in Fantasy 2, pretty early in the game, I think. And a couple of, to me at least, weird things happened that I can't figure out how to deal with:

- A. I see a colony that I want to conquer; no else in sight, all good. I go for the kill; it turns out that an unseen person from an outpost sweeps in and my units get turned back because I can't conquer someone who's already been conquered, OK.

- B. Worse, however, on at least two (2) occasions, I've built an outpost and, before I can send units or anything else, the report comes that I've lost the outpost and my former outpost in turn becomes an 'unknown outpost' and I can't do anything; can't even figure out who took it. How does someone do that? I'd certainly like to be able that. How does one do that?What structures and level of development do you need to be able to do that? And, again, what structures and level of development does on need to be able to target these 'unknown outposts?

Hope you can help. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:40 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

TiguerreB wrote:
Korupt wrote:

Thanks! I now understand what they are, I think! Sadly, I still have no clue how to create one myself or deal with one. My basic questions remain the same as follows:

1. If I wanted to create an 'unknown outpost' myself, how do I do it? Is there a structure level you need to get to before you can create one? If so, what is that?

Unknown outposts are normal outposts, you just can't see them because your radar coverage is not big enough. And that's why they show up as unknowns.

2. If there is a prerequisite, how come it seems like some 'unknown' players have them from the very beginning of the game?

some players build outposts from the beginning of the game, tick 1. And again if you don't have enough radar coverage you'll see them as unknowns.

3. You said: "When you expand your radar range to cover them you will see who they belong to and be able to scan, attack, or jam them." So far so good! But, how exactly do you 'expand you radar range to cover them'? Again, is there a level of structure that you need to be able to do that? Again, what is that? And, if it is something beyond basic, how come it seems that some players are able to do that from the get go? How do they do it? What do I need to do to be able to do that like those players?

The structure at the bottom, the last one. Of that type of structure the third level allows you to build radars. In order to get radars you first build an outpost, then you wait 24 ticks, then click on it and upgrade it to a radar when the option shows up and 3+ later you can see much more than you can now. A more temporary solution is to have a satellite scan. You get satellite scans by building the second level of the last structure(the third one is the radar) and clicking on the top left side of the interface, the little satellite icon or the top on of all three and placing it on an area where you want radar coverage. Satellite scans cost energy and you can make them last anywhere from 5 ticks to ~250 ticks.

Finally, I could go on and on with questions on that topic but it really comes down to this concrete example:

I'm in Fantasy 2, pretty early in the game, I think. And a couple of, to me at least, weird things happened that I can't figure out how to deal with:

- A. I see a colony that I want to conquer; no else in sight, all good. I go for the kill; it turns out that an unseen person from an outpost sweeps in and my units get turned back because I can't conquer someone who's already been conquered, OK.

This can be because you don't have radar coverage of that area and you're not able to see the other person's units until after they've done their job.

- B. Worse, however, on at least two (2) occasions, I've built an outpost and, before I can send units or anything else, the report comes that I've lost the outpost and my former outpost in turn becomes an 'unknown outpost' and I can't do anything; can't even figure out who took it. How does someone do that? I'd certainly like to be able that. How does one do that?What structures and level of development do you need to be able to do that? And, again, what structures and level of development does on need to be able to target these 'unknown outposts?

Radar coverage is the key here again. when you build an outpost anywhere on the world you can see it because it's yours but look around and if you don't have radar coverage the other outposts will look say they are unknowns. So in your case you built an outpost somewhere where you don't have radar coverage and some person took it. And you're not able to see who took it because you don't have radar coverage and it's become like any other outpost. And it's an unknown outpost because again you don't have radar coverage in that area.

Note that as you build the levels of the last structure type your colony's own
radar coverage will increase.

for further information i recommend the following link.

georgeshelou wrote:
This is the best way to learn the basics bro :)
You will be 100 % Satisfied :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:44 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

To target these unknown outposts there is no structure but if they are in your radar range they can be attacked. To increase your radar range you can do one of the three things:

Increase your colony radar range by building the colony radar structures (the final row)

Building radar outposts must have an outpost under your control for 24 ticks and have Advanced communications structure built. (3rd structure of the bottom row)

Or use a satellite scan (far sight) which is a temporary radar range which you place anywhere for any duration as long as you have the energy to pay for it however you need the satellite communications array for this. (2nd structure of the bottom row)

If you have any more queries feel free to post back.

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:55 am 
Major
Major

lifenstuff wrote:
TiguerreB wrote:
Korupt wrote:

Unknown outposts are normal outposts, you just can't see them because your radar coverage is not big enough. And that's why they show up as unknowns.

some players build outposts from the beginning of the game, tick 1. And again if you don't have enough radar coverage you'll see them as unknowns.

The structure at the bottom, the last one. Of that type of structure the third level allows you to build radars. In order to get radars you first build an outpost, then you wait 24 ticks, then click on it and upgrade it to a radar when the option shows up and 3+ later you can see much more than you can now. A more temporary solution is to have a satellite scan. You get satellite scans by building the second level of the last structure(the third one is the radar) and clicking on the top left side of the interface, the little satellite icon or the top on of all three and placing it on an area where you want radar coverage. Satellite scans cost energy and you can make them last anywhere from 5 ticks to ~250 ticks.

This can be because you don't have radar coverage of that area and you're not able to see the other person's units until after they've done their job.

Radar coverage is the key here again. when you build an outpost anywhere on the world you can see it because it's yours but look around and if you don't have radar coverage the other outposts will look say they are unknowns. So in your case you built an outpost somewhere where you don't have radar coverage and some person took it. And you're not able to see who took it because you don't have radar coverage and it's become like any other outpost. And it's an unknown outpost because again you don't have radar coverage in that area.

Note that as you build the levels of the last structure type your colony's own
radar coverage will increase.

for further information i recommend the following link.

Just for future reference, do not use red text. It is reserved for mods and admins, thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:26 pm 
Private
Private

TiguerreB wrote:
Korupt wrote:

basically build radar things any thing that has radar in the name and also itslike this unknown out posts cannot be createated on purpous you can see where they are but not what basicaly they could be missle silos gas mines traning bases warp gates and there equivalents but for all you know it could be a normal outpost

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]