It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: share your tactics
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:15 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

i use mostly shield 3, because it has a good balance of dmg absorbion and draining energy. shield 1 is not draining so much energy, but you take much damage from attacks. and i also try not to use resistance kits, but i keep them on my mech just in case my opponent are using them. personal opinion, i think those should be removed, many players are using them instead of a good tactic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:31 am 
Major
Major

Please do not double post simply edit your previous post. Merged your 2 previous posts.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:45 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Deflowerer wrote:
StormCoyote wrote:
My tactic: Kiss of death, if you have more swords than your opponent, they can't kill you in melee, all they can do is push you away and run.
PS. You need a good amount of health and heat capacity.

Kiss of Death

that is a good tactic, and I've been using it a lot, however what if he had killed your energy in his first turn?

Well, I changed it a bit now I have a heat and energy sword so its all good if I can pull them. I always have a spare NRG kit in my hands, and it works quite alot this tactic :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:53 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

My list of strategies include
-A "lean" mech, I didn't slap anything together, all of my items are levels 11-12 (exceptions for some kits, modules, and the electric rifle)
-I never finish my turn with a grappling hook, charge, or teleport
-Not only do I not have gaps, but sometimes I get to choose my weapons at certain ranges, an electric rifle/heavy gauss rifle combo can be crippling at my level.
-I don't have a sword, but I do have a triple spammer if it gets close.
-If we're pushed to opposite ends of the map, I'm not shy to use my teleport or charge.
-I never use the grappling hook against people with swords or triple spammers unless I can finish the battle in that turn.
-Never sell something until you see how you're new setup has done, if you were better off before you can re-equip and cut your losses.

So those are my basic strategies as of right now. If any of you have any input, I'd be glad to hear it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:14 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

i play a different style, i am basically an energy drainer and im able to hit people from anywhere on the map. and just incase my energy gets drained 1st i have artillery 1 and my double red which can actually overheat people if need be, and normally im able to beat people that use 2 swords except for deflower :lol: but anyhow im a balanced builder and all my weapons except artillery 1 have a knockback so i keep it a ranged battle

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:07 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

KlassikKiller wrote:

-I never finish my turn with a grappling hook, charge, or teleport

So those are my basic strategies as of right now. If any of you have any input, I'd be glad to hear it.

It sometimes is not a bad idea to end a turn with a grappling hook if you can cause your opponent to overheat and are against the wall. I do this if I have only 1 turn and know in the long run it will help me out.

Also, it forces the opponent to wast their turn to move. Especially if you have at least one sword. If they do stay and attack, make sure you can do enough damage to end them. You don't have to be doing more damage all the time if you have more hp than them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next