It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you are in need of help, or have information that can potentially aid someone in need of help.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: DAMAGE INCONSISTENCIES??
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:17 pm 
Major
Major

Is the damage you are doing within the range of the weapon? Meaning is it possible you are just having a string of bad luck and hitting for the low end of damage on the weapons while they hit the high end?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:34 pm 
Major
Major

Honestly I would think it is just randomized but I do not know for sure, I will find out for you though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:34 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
AJStyyles wrote:
I'll check. That very well could be what is happening. Tell me more about the whole range thing anyway. How and what aspects determine what end of the range your weapon will cause damage outside of shields, resistance, ect.??

Thanks

Ok, I'll tell you how a mech gets damaged when it gets hit. For example, a "Paladins sword" hits between 56-72 physical damage. First, Supermechs server rolls out a random number between 56 and 72(including both of them), determining the weapon's damage dealt for that hit. Than the damage gets reduced by the resistance of the other mech. And lastly, the shield does a percentage reduction to that remaining damage, using energy or generating heat.
Now some sample hits with "Paladins sword"
Sample hit 1:
Sword hits
Server solls a number between 56 and 72... the roll returned 57.
This number than gets reduced by the opponent's "Multi resistance kit IV", which reduces it by 7. Remaining damage is 50.
This remaining damage number than gets reduced further by the opponent's "shield 1", which absorbs the %20 of the remaining damage and uses 1 energy for 2 points of damage absorbed. 50 * %20 = 10, thus the shield absorbs 10 damage and uses 5 energy, the remaining damage is 40, which is reduced by the opponent's hp.
Sample hit 2:(shorter version)
Sword hits.... server rolls 72
Physical damage resistance 7 -> 72-7=65
Shield 1 -> 65*%20=13 damage absorbed, 65-13=52 hits, 6 or 7 energy is used to absorb 13 damage, I don't know if the remainders get rounded, ceiled(rounded up no matter what) or floored(rounded down no matter what)...

I hope I was able to clarify it for you... :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:25 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
Hi again :)

You can never know what the opponent's shield is apart from if it's a heat shield or an energy shield by just at first glance. Take a closer look at your opponent's energy or heat(whichever one he uses). and do the math yourself and this is the only way you can know of it... energy shield 2 uses energy three times as much as shield 1 does, for %30 damage absorption instead of %20. And heat shield 2 generates about twice(2.25 times exactly) as much heat than a heat shield 1 does, again, for a %30 reduction instead of %20.
You may try to look for these.

You must count the energy or heat damage effects of the weapons, because they may make you miscalculate. I'd recommend using energy weapons if the opponents uses heat shield, or heat weapons if the opponent uses energy shield, so the shield won't be affected by the energy or heat damage of your weapon. But do it just to learn about your opponent's shield, because dealing energy damage to an energy shielded mech or dealing heat damage to an heat shielded mech is an efficient way to disable the opponent's shield.

Cheers :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]