It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Save Kongregate battledawn
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:47 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 YIM  Profile

Guys many of you might know that Kongregate battledawn is dieing.
I do not want this to happen. Im sure I speak for a lot, That I learned how to play and become a winner on kong.
All I ask is that people join congregate BD and learn if you aren't that good.
I just wanted to bring this up to see if it helps some.

Post subject: Re: Save Kongregate battledawn
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:02 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Completely wrong section for this.. And honestly I'm not interested.. Somethings messed up if you have to resort to coming to the .com forums for support..

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:46 am 
Private
Private

-Moved to BattleDawn Game-Play Discussions-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:15 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

How about this shut down kong make them come here.. so the pop on here goes up, that sounds like a better idea too me :) but good try.

Love,
Greeny

#AdminGreeny2014

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:09 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

RupertAngier wrote:
Completely wrong section for this.. And honestly I'm not interested.. Somethings messed up if you have to resort to coming to the .com forums for support..

Shush. Kongregate is EXACTLY the same game as .com (other than world population) so it makes total sense to come to the forums. I also learned on kong and I agree with him, if you want to learn to play BD, congregate is a nice small community where you can learn well.

I like the kong server though :) I know a lot of my old friends found battledawn through kong and eventually moved to .com (course I knew about .com well before them 8-) )

But it's kind of upsetting that you class kong battledawn a completely different game to .com battledawn. In the end it's making money for the same people and back when I use to play kong it was extremely fun :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:29 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Considering I started playing on Kong, I feel I should chip in here.

Kongregate and .com are essentially the same, game-wise. The mechanics are the same on both, though for a long time that was not true because Kongregate had not been updated for a long time. However, the atmosphere on Kong and on .com is a lot different.

Now of course a lot of this might have changed since I have been gone, since in all fairness I have not played on Kong for a long time. But the thing about Kongregate is that it has several advantages over .com and one important drawback. The advantages are that it is an easier place to start for newbies. There is a sidebar chat, which I know many of us have profited from and from which many have learnt. Because of this, the community on Kong is quite close. Everyone knew each other, whether it was from the kong chat or eventually through skype. However, recently there has been criticism here on .com about how everyone knows each other and just helps each other turning it into Battlehugs. That is one other big advantage of Kong, there is no Battlehugs. Again, this might have changed since I was there, but subs were absolutely despised by the good players. You made your alliance and fought for what you were worth, even if it was a losing battle. There is more fighting, usually the entire era long.

However the main thing that I believe breeds many Kong players to be such good players is the complete lack of boosting by top players. On Kong there are no mass boosts (or just 1), there is barely any boosting by the players themselves. What this means is that for income you are dependent on what you manage to gather for yourself, so the focus is much more on resource OPs, on conquers, on outposts. Now you might say this is also the case on .com, but on Kong it was just more focused.

Which brings me to Kong's major disadvantage, the total player counts are very low. I believe it's 200-300 nowadays on most worlds? There is not much to feed on, you can't grow very big. And this at the same time is also why the transition from Kong to .com is so crazy for many players. I am speaking from my own point of view here, but my first round on .com was on M1. I entered the world and started doing what I did on Kong, grab everything you can, grow that way. The difference is that .com has (had?) large populations, so if you use that way of playing here on .com you grow to insane levels (1000+ power, as illustrated).

I'm drifting away from my point, obviously. But my point is that I think the skill level of Kong's top players lies above the top .com players. The top players could never rely on boosting, it was just pure strategy and activity. Korupt, Ace, Gon, Urko, Toast, Van, Aoki, Ana, Dan.. All are guys that do not boost and that I would pit against any team with the knowledge we could win.

It's hard to explain, but the mindset is just a different one. Too stubborn to die, always fight, always war, never settle for second. Get income from taking everything, have 6 people online at all times, ACTUAL teamwork.. I feel melancholic just thinking back on how it was.

I've kind of lost track of what point I was trying to make. But in short, Kong just breeds good gameplay, good players. There is no hiding behind boosting, you win by virtue of your own skill and only your own skill. The mindset is what we would like to see here on .com as well, fight and keep fighting. It is a sad thing that many of the old greats (most on my list) have left Battledawn by now, and it's a sad thing that it could have been prevented. But what I would like to see most of all is that Kong gets back the populations of the old times.. The Kong mindset combined with 3k population worlds, constant fighting all over the world.. It's just lovely. Massive income, massive squads counts.. Melancholy again.

Either way, I'm not sure how to finish this post. I come from Kong, I'll always see myself as a Kongregate player despite not playing there for years, and Kong has bred me to be the player I am.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:16 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I don't know wat's the situation that Kong has, but judging from the post the players are getting less and less. However asking ppl from com to play Kong won't be good enough.

just out of curiosity, have you ever figured out why kong is getting less players?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:23 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

aister wrote:
I don't know wat's the situation that Kong has, but judging from the post the players are getting less and less. However asking ppl from com to play Kong won't be good enough.

just out of curiosity, have you ever figured out why kong is getting less players?

Kong has had a low amount of players for a while now..

And the reason is that there is just no new inflow of players. Battledawn is in the strategy section on Kong, but ranked rather low. I blame it on the badges dropping our rating a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:35 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

so why not going to Kong forum and promote urself? the Badges System is mostly for games that played once only, or have unlimited times (or very long, I'm talking about years) games like most strategies games... Obviously it's not fit for BD...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:43 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

aister wrote:
so why not going to Kong forum and promote urself? the Badges System is mostly for games that played once only, or have unlimited times (or very long, I'm talking about years) games like most strategies games... Obviously it's not fit for BD...

Because that is not how it works. And yes, the badges system did not exactly work out well for BD.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next