It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Build your own team(s)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:32 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

The topic title might not be accurate but I was unsure of what to name it exactly.

As I have posted in the Dream Team thread, we did an event on Kong, long ago. We had all gotten dull because of the lack of competition we were having on all worlds, and because of the lack of competition Battledawn was getting dull for all of us. So we decided to organise a round of our own.

The way this worked was that everyone that was interested in playing an even, competitive era would put down their names. We had picked a world (Fantasy in this case) where we would hold this event. Everyone put down their names on a list, and depending on how many people enlisted we would draft several teams.

In the end we were just short of having enough players for 3 teams (12 players per team + 3 reserves. Everyone that enlisted had to cast a vote on who they thought should be leader. One vote each. When enlisting/voting time was over, the 2 people with most votes became alliance leaders.

After this, we got the two leaders (Fingerling and me in this case) into Kong Chat together, and we took turns picking players for our teams until we both had a full team + 3 reserves. Of course the idea of this was that no matter which side you were on, you would play to your fullest, go all out against your friends, make new friends. No subs, nothing. The era turned out to be a lot of fun despite some outside interference, and was a lot more competitive than any era in a long time.

Now, here comes the idea.. Of course you should all see it coming by now. We should see if it's a good idea to organise this here on .com. I see more and more people complaining about the lack of competition, about sub empires and all the likes. Since this is .com and there is a much larger community here than on Kong, I would like to see more than 2 teams. So the idea is that we pick a world and we pick a time, and everyone that is interested puts down their name in the thread that we make for it. For example we say we will do it on E1 in 2 eras from now (obviously this is just a random example). Everyone that puts down their name also votes for who they think should be leader. Then when the enlisting time closes we see how many people we have enlisted and decide how many teams to have. Considering the leaders will take turns picking, the teams should be quite even which would make for a much more competitive round with hopefully many players.

Like I said, this turned out to be a lot of fun on Kong and the teams really were quite even (at least in theory :lol ).

Anyway, of course there are also possible issues. The biggest issue of course is feuds between alliances meaning certain players will not play together (e.g. let's have Andrei play with Tigran).

Another possible issue might be that you will have Player Z and player Y in alliance A, both player Z and player Y normally play with their regular alliance, their regular alliance hasn't enlisted but then they decide to get on the world just to help out those 2 friends of theirs in team A. What I am of course hoping is that if we are going to do this all those interested in playing will actually enlist and give it a shot, but obviously this might be an issue.

Either way, the baseline is this.

- Have people enlist
- Pick teams that are quite even
- Enjoy a competitive era

I'd love to hear some opinions on this because I think it really would be a great way to get some competition going.

So please, let me know what you think and post!

Post subject: Re: Build your own team(s)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:35 pm 
Major
Major

Well I am pretty sure I talked to you before about trying this on .com and you rejected it but obviously I think we could have some fun with it given enough players.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think this would be an interesting and fun experience for those involved, albeit perhaps a tad frustrating for the leaders.

I think we should get this rolling and would definitely partake myself. :)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:36 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I didn't reject it, just listed the obvious risks as I posted here.. The .com mentality is slightly different than from Kong, that's simply a fact.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:38 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

When would this be and on what world.. I probably won't be able to play it this summer.. Vacations etc.. So I couldn't play full out.. But I'd like to be an outside interference ;) haha

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:40 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

RupertAngier wrote:
When would this be and on what world.. I probably won't be able to play it this summer.. Vacations etc.. So I couldn't play full out.. But I'd like to be an outside interference ;) haha

That's all still up for discussion.. Though I am guessing most people would prefer a 1 tick earth. But again, nothing's set in stone. It's just the general idea I'd like to hear some opinions on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:43 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Would definitely be interesting and I would throw my name into the hat for this.

CBop - Member/Leader (Champs Era)
JFA - Member (E1 current era)
BYZ - Leader (E4 current era)

Founder, The Byzantine Empire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:47 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Well it's a fantastic idea.. If we spread word around and then made sign ups last a month to give everyone a heads up.. Then we started votes and school yard picks.. Also a way to fix the alliance hating is maybe allow in extreme cases a trade of players that you could oversee... Anyways I hope this event happens.. I'll probably not participate in the first one.. I've got to win a few normal rounds first but good luck on it:)

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:43 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I'm keen, sounds like a lot of fun!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:38 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

This is a cool idea, sounds like a lot of fun

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next