It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Making Outposts
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:13 pm 
Captain
Captain

I stand firm that making outposts isnt a bad thing. But I want to hear what eveyone has to say.

I've always said making 1-2 outposts a day is good and maybe even necessary for every member on a dying world or just in general. This isnt to say taking outposts is out of the question but they arent always in the best places ect.

So lets here your opinions, when is it good to make outposts and when is it not?

Retired NEWS Reporter.

Post subject: Re: Making Outposts
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:19 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

In war, the best time, for gate and radar systems, and for moving troops back to colonies early in the game.

For the Alliance!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:21 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Making an op should be done with discretion.. Don't make ops often...

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:21 pm 
Captain
Captain

LightIce wrote:
In war, the best time, for gate and radar systems, and for moving troops back to colonies early in the game.

In times of war, making gate/radars is usually looked down upon. Your already suppose to have those up. Making outposts to advance closer to an enemy hive is usually considered acceptable. But Im talking mainly about normal expansion w/ timing. Not wars :)

@Rupert, whats your reasoning behind your post. :) Dont just post your thoughts post your whys too.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:01 am 
Major
Major

Usually I will make 1 op to reach a cluster of them quickly or if there is only 1 so that I will have a gate radar pair. I rarely make any ops though and usually if I have inactive member of my alliance I just make them do it for me to save my workers. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:03 am 
Private
Private

Start of the era I make a bunch of outposts so that I can have a larger network going when I get gates ready. Although it's easier for me and boosters to make more because we gain score higher and can make more, and we have more resources. But I never have a problem making a new op.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:08 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

if it's for expansion, then making OPs is not preferred, taking newbies OPs are a better way. Only building OPs when u don't have any newbies OPs in the region or don't have the time to wait for one.

if it's in war time, it's better to move ur main units through the OPs u built, since it will be agent-free (for a short period of time)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:10 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

at the start of the era i like to make a few ops where i see there's a lot of conqs around. especially when i play E5 solo i make a bunch at the start and later when i can make them all gates and radars i have a good secure network

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:10 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

In early ticks outposts are essential. Before ticks start rolling I like to have two outposts already built. From there on I see it as this:

1)If you can expand attacking outposts do so, without building any.
2)If you need to jump to a location to capture more, build the outpost.
3)If you're likely to lose more res (oil to attack and armour losses on the attack) than building the outpost, just build the outpost.

It all comes with experience. Obviously you wouldn't build an outpost early game if you're only able to capture one outpost for it. It's all about judging whether the reward is good enough or not, and whether the competition around this selected area is worth travelling to, if you aren't able to manage it.

RupertAngier wrote:
Making an op should be done with discretion.. Don't make ops often...

This I disagree with though, it's better to go happy with outposts, rather than have none at all.

Obviously late game you need to build the outposts to fill in the gaps across the map. This is easier though since this can be spit more across the whole alliance.

I'd say before tick 100 though I'd normally build 10-15 outposts and for each one I will get a much higher reward than the costs to initially build the outpost. I think what people fear the most is their CURRENT score. If you put that aside and think more about what you can achieve to get your LATER game score up, you will be more inclined to build outposts and will do a lot better.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:14 am 
Major
Major

10-15 ops is a lot of workers to recover.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next