It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: 1st CE Observation
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:46 am 
Captain
Captain

Warning : It is going to be long, Read on if u r bored..

1st let me explain the situation under which I joined. I returned 2 bd in Jan after more than 2 years just 2 watch. I joined f4 (where we watched n finished 2nd) and there I 1st heard of CE. But it was just in rumor phase. But soon it became official and i was excited like every1. I searched my old skype n msn.. Tried 2 get my old frens back.. I was planning 2 bring an alliance going for win. But sadly most of them were busy with RL n couldn't return. Then I myself got busy n dropped the plan.
Then one day some guys msged me in skype that CE has started n lets just build. I was busy but still decided to drop by. N harm in watching occasionally. We looked for space n luckily found AA free. Thus we had safe hive. N thought we'll go smooth. Just sit n watch n build with all the mass boost.
But then BME attacked us. Abt which u can see in one of my old threads.

Anyway coming 2 my obesrvation so far -

1 - I had predicted long back VND winning this CE. They r gud players but when I learned abt their list of allies. Now it is a controversial topic abt how they got all those allies n I won't go there as I've no plan of slandering any1.

2. But what is more interesting is the lack of competition. To start with there were only 3 alliances going 4 win, VND, SAGE n CBop. I didn't include GML coz I don't think they actually intended to go 4 win with their level of activity. CBop didn't had bros or subs n kudos 2 them for playing in old school fashion. But they couldn't take so many and is out of picture now.

3. SAGE made a hasty mistake of attacking as soon as relic appeared. Only noob alliances do that. Go greedy over relic. They should have waited for better opportunity n planned this well. Don't know what Anthonym n greeny planned. maybe they miscalculated.. So I (of greeny) is dead and now become NOVA which is trying to put some resistance. SAGE I've no idea what they plan 2 do.

4. So now the battle is focused in Aus which has become a Noah's ark. But there was a twist. SEXY attacked VND relics. Again a hasty move. I had huge expectation from SEXY. And no1 can blme them for their action. When VND promised top3 to so many alliances this was bound to happen. I was constantly in talk with SEXY n understand why they made the move.

5. As for us in AA it was pretty lame. HaHa, IND n TROL invaded AA for VND. Only ARM n DR fought them but ARM died out n DR had 2 retreat back 2 AUS. GML is now happy 2 sit and get top5. Don't keep any hope from them.. They r happy with top5.. If u want proof PM me. And the bigger disappointment was WD. Who were planning 2 do something but just made a CF n is just watching their allies die.

6. We had our own war with SOLD abt which u can check my another thread. We wanted to take part in another war but SOLD dragged us into it. Anyway won't go on abt it here.

7. Now that SEXY is sloly dying. The only resistance left is AUS. but how can they take it from 2 fronts? VND, TFM, BEER, LOST from Asia and HaHa n IND from East AA. Soon the resistance falls n the era is over. So I don't gie this era more than 1600 ticks. If it goes beyond that then it is VND themselves dragging it.

There were many ups n downs in this era. Gud thing it brought back many old players but not as many as one had expected. Also not as competitive as any1 had expected. Also there has been many allegations and controversies. But overall I had fun watching. Hope next time they organize such an event the BD team is better prepared. Such an event could be made better. Whatever it may the bottom line is BD made gud money n they r laughing on their way 2 Bank :lol:

Post subject: Re: 1st CE Observation
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:58 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Agree with you on many points :) But I have to reply anyway.

Quote:
1 - I had predicted long back VND winning this CE. They r gud players but when I learned abt their list of allies. Now it is a controversial topic abt how they got all those allies n I won't go there as I've no plan of slandering any1.

Thanks.

Quote:
2. But what is more interesting is the lack of competition. To start with there were only 3 alliances going 4 win, VND, SAGE n CBop. I didn't include GML coz I don't think they actually intended to go 4 win with their level of activity. CBop didn't had bros or subs n kudos 2 them for playing in old school fashion. But they couldn't take so many and is out of picture now.

I'm pretty sure GML was actually going for the win. They mentioned it the few times that we tried to get a NAP, and they were actually very VERY active when the war started in South America. It lasted only a few days though, true. They gave up quickly and seem fine with just sitting and building now indeed.

Quote:
3. SAGE made a hasty mistake of attacking as soon as relic appeared. Only noob alliances do that. Go greedy over relic. They should have waited for better opportunity n planned this well. Don't know what Anthonym n greeny planned. maybe they miscalculated.. So I (of greeny) is dead and now become NOVA which is trying to put some resistance. SAGE I've no idea what they plan 2 do.

I don't blame SAGE as much as I blame Greeny. SAGE knew that if they would just let us take out Greeny without starting their attacks then, that meant one of their most active allies with +- 500 squads would be gone and would not be able to help when the actual big war started.

Quote:
4. So now the battle is focused in Aus which has become a Noah's ark. But there was a twist. SEXY attacked VND relics. Again a hasty move. I had huge expectation from SEXY. And no1 can blme them for their action. When VND promised top3 to so many alliances this was bound to happen. I was constantly in talk with SEXY n understand why they made the move.

Their "backstab" was badly executed indeed. Aphony attacked our relic but didn't even inform most of her alliance of it, most didn't know. However we didn't make top 3 promises, although there's an obvious top 3 that I'd like to see.

And yep, I think BD has made a lot of money from this :) Good move for them. On top of that it brought back some old players to the game, so that's a major plus. Another thing that I think is an upside is that this era really clarified certain things to me and many others, as in that the game's mechanics are not as they should be nowadays.

So that's stuff to talk about during and after the era. I am indeed hoping we can make changes that make empires obsolete or at least allow single or double alliances to be able to compete against them.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:46 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

At the moment it is basically CBop holding the line into Indonesia virtually by ourselves.

NOVA is present and has been doing some work, but SAGE has not done much.

The fact that BEER (600+ squads), VND (ALOT of squads), TFM (200+), HINI (300+) and more assorted alliances are in a stalemate at the moment with the defense.

Who is defending?

Why CBop of course! We dont care about finishing 2nd or 3rd or whatever stupid leaderboard crap there is.

We are Cowboy Bebop and we will fight until the very bitter end.

So far 2 TFM members have already lost their armies to us with virtually no losses on our side.

I am certainly enjoying this small front warfare at the moment. It is the essence of battledawn and is what I play for. Man it gets me off!

So Milan, Apollo, Rania, all you BEER folks....

Come and get us :)

and I mean that in a friendly way, this will be a very entertaining part of the era.

But let the world know that the only true alliance in this server that can match VNDs activity and skill is Cowboy Bebop.

We have been knocked down and unlike everyone else, we get back up. We get knocked down again, and we are back up. Come get us, lets see what 400 squads can do against 2000 squads :D

I look forward to this fight. May the best man (or woman) win, and may this particular part of the war be long remembered!

Cheers!

CBop - Member/Leader (Champs Era)
JFA - Member (E1 current era)
BYZ - Leader (E4 current era)

Founder, The Byzantine Empire

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:04 am 
Major
Major

sheepdog5 wrote:
But let the world know that the only true alliance in this server that can match VNDs activity and skill is Cowboy Bebop.

NEWS is just as active, I have screenshots of every tick. ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:17 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

dang it, i had a well written response and i accidentally pressed the back button. here's the short version.

@pain: write properly you noob
@milanos: thanks you for pointing out what you did. the CE i think reflects the state of BD for better of worse and i hope both the players and the staff do things to generally make it more enjoyable for future eras.

also

CBOP FTW

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:25 am 
Captain
Captain

lol life.. sorry I wrote it in a state of sleep deprivation.. so there are typos..

Thx 2 Milan n Sheep 4 expressing their views.. The post is just my view and what I've observed so far. The dynamics of BD has changed over the years.
The effort is needed from both staffs and players 2 make it more fun in future..

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:28 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Quote:
At the moment it is basically CBop holding the line into Indonesia virtually by ourselves.

NOVA is present and has been doing some work, but SAGE has not done much.

The fact that BEER (600+ squads), VND (ALOT of squads), TFM (200+), HINI (300+) and more assorted alliances are in a stalemate at the moment with the defense.

Who is defending?

Why CBop of course! We dont care about finishing 2nd or 3rd or whatever stupid leaderboard crap there is.

Hate to burst that bubble but it's not about CBop :lol: There are just a lot of squads there from SAGE + NOVA + CBop and flying into OPs that are probably loaded with spies is just not a good idea, regardless of the amount of units we have there.

Quote:
So Milan, Apollo, Rania, all you BEER folks....

Come and get us :)

and I mean that in a friendly way, this will be a very entertaining part of the era.

I wish :( I'm busy going leroy jeeeeeeeeenkins in SEXY's territory. But I will be there as soon as possible, don't worry :)

Quote:

Pffffffffffft. We don't let ourselves get nuked or fly into locks! :lol: But yeah, you guys really are active. Very cool to see that you can coordinate good enough to pull off 10+ man launches :) And indeed, you never seem to die :lol: First to us, then a large chunk to CHAM.. But you managed to get over 200 squads again. I blame mass boost though!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:34 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I will always and forever hold getting nuked in that early war against Kenny. He KNEW he had to do it for 3 hours before yet for whatever reason wanted to wait until the last minute.

....then he decided he needed the bathroom.

Boom...tick passed.

DAMN YOU KENNY!!!!

Aye NOVA and SAGE...and now DR has arrived, they are here holding the front.

But CBop has done more than anyone so far in this little stalemate we have in the SE Asian area. We have killed 2 TFM armies and lost nothing.

SAGE has just flown around and done a whole lot of nothing except flying left , right, up, and down.

NOVA I gave credit too and continue to do so :) They are great allies and are helping to hold the front.

But, and you have to admit it, CBop are the alliance on the front lines of this conflict at the moment and agents/nukes/whatever reason you want to throw, we are still holding the line.

I'm really enjoying this war so far and look forward to the coming days of it :)

-All the best

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:36 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Quote:
I will always and forever hold getting nuked in that early war against Kenny. He KNEW he had to do it for 3 hours before yet for whatever reason wanted to wait until the last minute.

Boom...tick passed.

:lol:

See, real pros would pee their pants!

But agreed, you are the ones that killed so far :) And you are indeed the alliance on the front lines and actively engaging in battle. With BEER mostly at the moment, they deserve some serious credit too. They cleaned up the old SAGE hive and then flew straight to south east Asia to give chase there.

But yep, it's looking fun :) Entering Australia will be a pain though, considering the density of the OPs there :(

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:01 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Milanos wrote:
Quote:

Boom...tick passed.

:lol:

See, real pros would pee their pants!

But agreed, you are the ones that killed so far :) And you are indeed the alliance on the front lines and actively engaging in battle. With BEER mostly at the moment, they deserve some serious credit too. They cleaned up the old SAGE hive and then flew straight to south east Asia to give chase there.

But yep, it's looking fun :) Entering Australia will be a pain though, considering the density of the OPs there :(

Hehehe. Yes it will be :)

And yes, BEER is looking like quite the alliance. I give credit where its due, im excited for big battles to happen.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]