It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mechs Being able to fall off the side
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:17 pm 
Private
Private

Big fan of the game even started playing BattleDawn because of it :D but one feature I would like to see is mechs falling off the battlefield, it would give knockback weapons more meaning and make players move more.

So if your backed into a corner try fight your hardest to stay on the platform and extend it if theres an issue of balance. As a game designer I understand that it's an issue with balance but nerf weapons that are overpowered in this nature and maybe make a new ability(for the mech or the mechs legs) which allow a knockback resistance so player can fight back 8-)

Next thing I would add is a disadvantage to running out of energy similar to the heat discharge side effect when you went over your heat limit, so have it like your mech has lost power and is incapable of moving for this turn. if theres a balancing issue maybe have it that a reserve kicks in for the second go (kinda a lie in reality they just lost a go and have no extra energy added) or allow then to generate energy per action (That would mean more of a pain developer side but hey the player knows why the cant move because they didnt balance their mech)

Post subject: Re: Mechs Being able to fall off the side
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:06 am 
Private
Private

There's already a disadvantage to running out of energy, none of your energy weapons work, energy-shields are disabled, teleporters and harpoons don't work.
If the energy had the same disadvantages as heat, there would be less variety in the game.

As for the stage falling idea, some weapons have 6 knockback (e.g. if you had the Devastator and Blowback equipped, you could do 11 knockback in one turn!), so it would just turn into a game of sumo, with whoever knocks their opponent out first, wins.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:22 am 
Private
Private

Not heat weapons at the moment heat weapons are way overpowered there is no balance compared to energy, guys can still fire guns without energy I have seen it it depends if their weapons use energy or not.

And for my main idea I recommended a perc to balance it out and a nerf to the knock back so it would balance it out and make it even more intersting, you could even introduce a begginer (with sides) and a intermediate (without sides). The advantage being currently you can get connected with people way higher level when your lower because they cant find people their own level so would diversify the talent range also

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:22 am 
Private
Private

If you can view peoples builds or see how they go about things it's mostly with heat weapons, why? because if they do their job good enough they can take all turns away from you then slam you with the next heat wave, i have modified my build and as I use energy I have the energy module and was even bringing a heat module to balance things out but if you put pure energy up against pure fire fire always wins due to the overheating. They build enough armor to get them through the fight and just use an overpowering amount of fire from their turret and then their actual weapons usally they dont use shield so it negates the advantage of taking down enegry shield. Anyways that was only a side note my main point is about the sides

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:07 am 
Private
Private

Before I get started I know that this idea would take almost an entire overhaul of weapons in the game so I don't really seeing it as having any merit, none the less I wanna share.

I honestly don't understand why energy based weapons reduce the energy of your enemy, but I understand why heat based weapons increase your enemy's heat. That being said, heat dissipates over distance where as energy has a higher probability of remaining constant. So say a heat weapon deals 8 heat at the ranges of 3-5 well this would mean it deals 8 at the range of 3, deals 7 at the range of 4, and deals 6 at the range of five, it goes down by a point, or maybe two points if that balances better for each range point passed its initial beginning range. On the other side of the argument energy weapons would reduce your enemy's energy less, but remain constant over a distance. To balance out this as I am aware this would still nerf energy weapons further, increase the HP damage they deal in the first place.

Two (useless) cents :)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:32 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Lots of people use heat tactics, and nearly all of them involve Flipmix, because it adds an additional 10 heat damage at the cost of 0 heat.
Draining out the opponents energy will also mean you won't take that extra 10 heat damage from Flipmix, because it can't fire without energy, and better, the heat tactic opponents don't care at all about energy.
If you run Energy tactic and suffer from heat still, try converting your energy modules into Energy AND heat in one modules.

I am quite skilled with energy builds and use one myself, PM me if you need some help, and I can show you in a battle.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:53 am 
Private
Private

StormCoyote wrote:
heat tactic opponents don't care at all about energy.

Not true, because many run their shields on energy.
Even those that don't, still need energy for teleport and harpooning.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]