It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whaleing
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:31 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Imo whaling / hunting all endangered species should be illegal, including whales. However, I don't really have an issue with the hunting of non-endangered whales, as long as it's humane.

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:04 am 
Captain
Captain

Ferr3t wrote:
Imo whaling / hunting all endangered species should be illegal, including whales. However, I don't really have an issue with the hunting of non-endangered whales, as long as it's humane.

how can killing any animal be humane??

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:17 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

all hunting of endangered species should be banned and whaling is one of them
mrducky wrote:
BAMP.

Guess who is back. This Fake guy starts controversy but doesnt keep it alive. You need to be able to support both positions to keep discussion and debate going. You. Need. The. Last. Word. You cant just ask questions, many BD residents are very young and cant be stuck into the discussion like that, step aside youngling

Got bored Sunday night, finished my course work and obviously..

Whaling, under current restrictions should be allowed

They are hunting Minkes which have stable, populations which are not endangered.

People complaining about "OH NOES THEY ARE INTELLIGENT, HOW DARE THEY" ignore the fact that pigs are as smart if not smarter than dogs and yet thousands die for bacon every year. Hypocrisy at its finest because people have been taught to give unwavering respect for these cetaceans.

Its hard to measure, but pigs and whales have equivalent intelligence although the whales will pull slightly ahead (just as pigs pull ahead of dogs and cats)

Hypocrisy.

Hippocrites the lot of you. Eating that sweet sweet pork but hating on eating dog/whales. At least be consistent in your carnivorous behaviour.

Ban whaling and condemn many fisheries from iceland to finland to japan to close. To impose international will without any basis is to impose imperialism at its worst.

Here is an idea, ban chicken, cow, lamb and pork farming. How is that now? Is that fair? Animal farming is often very *CENSORED*, cruelty is bound to happen, ban it all. To condemn hundreds of farmers to unemployment? See, that is what you argue for

BOOMPED

BUMPED

BOMPED

we breed pork,chicken,cows etc for eating we dont breed whales at all thats why their population has fallen

BMO chop(If this was a real attack you'd be dead)

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:20 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

signlord wrote:
Ferr3t wrote:

The chickens you buy in store are killed by:

1) Being knocked out (not sure how this is done, but in some places it says knocked over the head with a club)
2) Soaked in water
3) Strung up on a wire
4) Electrocuted

So anything less humane than that is fine I'd say ^_^

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:48 am 
Private
Private

mrducky wrote:
This Fake guy starts controversy but doesnt keep it alive.

Yeah, but have you seen the replies I get? It's a losing battle if I'm the only one trying to keep this thing alive. But good to see I'm not the only one around here that enjoys a good debate.

agonasani wrote:
we breed pork,chicken,cows etc for eating we dont breed whales at all thats why their population has fallen

Many fish populations (which we also don't breed) have fallen due to over fisshing, but noone is arguing that fishing is wrong on this basis.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:18 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Ban everything related to slaughter of animals, I wish I was a vegetarian, but sadly I can barely eat vegetables without trowing up, my taste buds are weak.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:35 am 
Private
Private

Harbinger745 wrote:
Ban everything related to slaughter of animals

Why stop at just animals, why not abolish the killing of any form of life, wheather animal, plant, fungus or microbes...

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:11 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

fake wrote:
I expected more from this topic, you guys must be a bunch of tree hugging hippies or something (boo).

What exactly is so wrong with whaling though?
We eat plenty of other animals, why should whales be different?
Sustainability can't be the problem, because many fish stocks are being dangerously over fished, and most people don't seems to care about that.
It can't be because they're intelligent, because pigs are comparatively intelligent, and people eat those all the time.
And on the plus site to eating whale, it's free range, which can be argued to be less cruel than how we keep farmed animals in small spaces and such.

It seems that most people have just been told to believe whaling is wrong.

Unfortunately, if you look into it, sustainability IS the problem, people are going after whales a lot because they are worth a lot of money, there are obviously less whales than smaller fish yet since whales make the most money, they are being caught more in some countries causing sustainability problems.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:26 pm 
Private
Private

But that's not the problem, because, as Mr. Ducky has already pointed out
mrducky wrote:
They are hunting Minkes which have stable, populations which are not endangered.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:44 pm 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

signlord wrote:
Ferr3t wrote:

Shoot it in the head, snap its neck, electrocute it. There are plenty of ways. As long as the animals are not distressed before they're killed, I have no issue with it. Circle of life.

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next