It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Updates! September 11th, 2009
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:45 pm 
Captain
Captain

A few bugs were fixed today as well as some changes made to the new production/emergency boosts:

1. Battle System Bug: This was a major bug that was identified after the update on the 4th, if you nuked a target that had vehicles or tanks there and had then had units attack at the same tick that were infantry and/or vehicles then the attacking infantry and vehicles would instantly kill all the vehicles and tanks on the defending side when it was there turn to fire. This was a calculation problem in the way the system calculates the increased damage that inf/veh do to veh/tanks and has been resolved.

2. Production Bug: Building metal/oil production structures caused you to receive more resources than you should, fixed to produce the correct current value and to upgrade production only after the structure finishes.

3. Production Boosts: The 2 new metal & oil production boosts had a bug where purchasing the metal production boost would give you the oil production instead.

4. Emergency Boosts: The 3 new metal, oil and worker emergency boosts have had their values tweaked, here's the new values:
      Emergency Metal - 5000 metal, 100 tick cooldown, 330 tokens(Red tokens only)
      Emergency Oil - 5000 oil, 100 tick cooldown, 360 tokens(red tokens only)
      Emergency Workers - 100 workers, 100 tick cooldown, 350 tokens(red tokens only)

*NOTE: The new Production & Emergency boosts will be re-activated once we can do a full client update in the next day or so.*

Any questions, comments or issues please reply to this thread, thanks!

-Andrew

Post subject: Re: Updates! September 11th
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:49 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Wow, 100 tick cooldown. How did you reach that decision?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:19 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I believe the 100 tick cool down was to stop people abusing it if they were under attack

(¯`*•.¸(¯`*•.¸¸¸,¤ºBD TESTERº¤,¸¸¸.•*´¯)¸.•*´¯)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:07 pm 
Captain
Captain

We decided that this would serve more strategic purpose and can't be abused as you can only use it once every 4 days in single tick worlds and 2 days in double tick worlds, plus the cost is high.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:16 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

So people are meant to save it for that rainy day, and not just use it ASAP?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:49 am 
Private
Private

Andrew wrote:
A few bugs were fixed today as well as some changes made to the new production/emergency boosts:

1. Battle System Bug: This was a major bug that was identified after the update on the 4th, if you nuked a target that had vehicles or tanks there and had then had units attack at the same tick that were infantry and/or vehicles then the attacking infantry and vehicles would instantly kill all the vehicles and tanks on the defending side when it was there turn to fire. This was a calculation problem in the way the system calculates the increased damage that inf/veh do to veh/tanks and has been resolved.

2. Production Bug: Building metal/oil production structures caused you to receive more resources than you should, fixed to produce the correct current value and to upgrade production only after the structure finishes.

3. Production Boosts: The 2 new metal & oil production boosts had a bug where purchasing the metal production boost would give you the oil production instead.

4. Emergency Boosts: The 3 new metal, oil and worker emergency boosts have had their values tweaked, here's the new values:
      Emergency Metal - 5000 metal, 100 tick cooldown, 330 tokens(Red tokens only)
      Emergency Oil - 5000 oil, 100 tick cooldown, 360 tokens(red tokens only)
      Emergency Workers - 100 workers, 100 tick cooldown, 350 tokens(red tokens only)

*NOTE: The new Production & Emergency boosts will be re-activated once we can do a full client update in the next day or so.*

Any questions, comments or issues please reply to this thread, thanks!

-Andrew

Hi Andrew i am having trouble logining into earth 2 can you help

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:24 pm 
Private
Private

Every once in a while, I'm playing real cool and doing my stuff like upgrading buildings and training. Then I look around my neighbors, but when I do that, the screen just starts to go to the left by itself and it keeps going till it hits a black screen. The radar doesn't move at all though. And when I hit the zoom in and out buttons, it goes to where the radar is but then goes to the left by itself. It only happens once like every day I'm on.

I hit the refresh button and log back in and it's fixed. Just wondering if there is a way it could be fixed for good or something.

By the way, I'm on the newest FireFox browser with Flash upgraded to the newest one.

EDIT:
It seems to be working quite well now. :D

Last edited by Rawrr on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:17 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I can not log in. It just loads for a while then tells me "Server Busy" Like it use to in the beta. :(

EDIT: Nevermind I fixed it :)

-Retired-

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]