It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: USA, why is america bad
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:38 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Actually no. With the same citing, terrorism must be conducted by a nations subdivision or a clandestine agent.

So it would be terrorism if Oklahoma killed civilians on Texas.

Or if the CIA killed civilians in Iraq.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:56 am 
Corporal
Corporal

mrducky wrote:
far too lazy to type.

If only that would happen more often.

E4: Brandon of UGA (probably not for long. I dislike 1 tick worlds)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:52 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Sylis wrote:
Trickle down means giving favoritism to big business, and big businesses therefore create jobs for lower classes. Trickling money down the casts.

Rich
Upper class
Upper middle class
middle class
lower middle class
upper lower class
middle lower class
working class

The few relieving themselves on the heads of the many.

You forgot the Lower Class and Poor. :| . Or is both considered Working.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:37 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Working class is the lowest class above the poverty line.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:26 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

You know what, I was thinking about that "class" structure...

There really is no "working class" in America.

I know what you mean by it, but I think it is misleading at the very least. Everyone has some time in jobs that are considered a part of the working class... Ever been a teenager? Or hows about a college student?

Then there are those people in the lower class/poor who realize it just pays more to be on welfare, they don't even work at all. Remember, we are now at an era of representation without taxation.

But hey, what do my opinions count for? Not many people listen anyways :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:24 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I honestly don't even want to make this post.

The reason no one listens msomeoneelsez, is because you view is cliche, childish, and most of its an assumption.

Yes there is a working class, people do get up in the morning work 10 hours, and make a tiny paycheck.

Before you start throwing around words like lower class realize that chances are that you are a member of that lower class.

Rich $500,000,000+
Upper class $50,000,000-$100,000,000
Upper middle class $10,000,000-$35,000,000
middle class $300,000-$5,000,000
lower middle class $120,000-$250,000
upper lower class $60,000-$100,000
middle lower class $20,000-$50,000
working class $11,000-$19,000

working class is just barely above the poverty line.

2008-2009

Household members. Yearly Wage
1 $10,830
2 $14,570
3 $18,310
4 $22,050
5 $25,790
6 $29,530
7 $33,270
8 $37,010

For every additional member, add $3,740

I make 12k yearly out of high school. Think of a single mother just out of high school taking care of a baby. She starts off at a disadvantage and below the poverty line. However If she requested assistance your first assumption would be that she was abusing the system.

I went much further with this than I intended.

Chart from Department of Health and Human Services.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:41 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sylis wrote:
The reason no one listens msomeoneelsez, is because you view is cliche, childish, and most of its an assumption.

No, not at all cliche or childish... just not well described :D

I can assure you that I have put a lot of thought into my opinions, I just don't always portray them very well.

What I am talking about is the American system and how it does not define classes.

Are there people working extremely hard for a low wage? Yeah. Are there also people who decide not to work because they get enough from welfare? You bet. Don't even try to deny that, I have had plenty of experience with people in the latter category (as well as the former for that matter.)

As for it being mostly assumptions, no they are not mostly assumptions. At least not my reasons for my beliefs anyways. I do throw out examples that require assumptions in arguments, but only as a way to make an attempt at a better description for what I am meaning.

Sylis wrote:
However If she requested assistance your first assumption would be that she was abusing the system.

Let me be clear though, I do understand that there are good reasons for having charities to cater to these sorts of situations, but the truly deserving people are so few and far between that government shouldn't take care of it.

That isn't me feeling it is wrong for anyone else to be generous and help those in a bad situation, it is that other people's mistakes should not be made as a burden unto all others.

And I want to make one more point here...
I don't come to these forums to win arguments. I come here to voice what I believe, and to find opposition to what I believe, thus helping me to better my opinions either because I am wrong, or because my opinion isn't fully developed. And most of the time my opinions are pretty moderate (well, more fundamentalist... if you look into them they are not left or right, that's for sure though.) Let me tell you though, the middle doesn't win arguments. Thats why I don't come to win :D

Also, I was joking about people not listening (thus the smiley...) I really don't care if they listen or not.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:25 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Yes, but its honestly not worth mentioning that people abuse welfare because I'd bet only 5% of people on welfare are abusing it. You just only ever see the people who you know are abusing it because they have no shame. Most people don't think its something to be proud of.

Quote:
That isn't me feeling it is wrong for anyone else to be generous and help those in a bad situation, it is that other people's mistakes should not be made as a burden unto all others.

Imagine a world where it wasn't? The amount of children put up for adoption would grow exponentially. If the household earner gets hurt and cant work. What happens then? The children are put up for adoption or are split up among relatives, and we just have to hope that they have a spouse they can become a burden to.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:25 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Wasn't it you who put something about the 10 forum commandments or something which stated not to make up a statistic? Kind of ironic here lol

Anyways, you underestimate the power of people's generosity. History has proven that the American people are some of the most generous people in the world. Of course that was back much more true back a couple generations when taxes weren't constantly increasing as the welfare state expanded, and when inflation was under much better control, but that isn't saying it has changed today.

Just take a look at the American Red Cross... They are so good that I would just let them take care of disaster relief instead of the government... Just have the military help in the initial disaster (they are AMAZING at that) and then kill off FEMA so they can't screw up again like after Katrina... once again, let charities and organizations do that.

And then guess what?! You are going to see a lot more people helping, and being HAPPY for helping... they are going to know that their money went directly to helping someone in need instead of being wasted up in the bureaucratic mess that is the US Government.

Once again, before you try to tell me that won't happen, history has shown perfectly well how that works just as I say. Don't believe me? Look it up.

Sylis wrote:
Imagine a world where it wasn't? The amount of children put up for adoption would grow exponentially. If the household earner gets hurt and cant work. What happens then? The children are put up for adoption or are split up among relatives, and we just have to hope that they have a spouse they can become a burden to.

Please tell me how this relates to the quote you took from me? Honestly, I don't see the connection between someone getting hurt on the job and welfare... There are already things like disability insurance and payment for those hurt on the job by the company they're employed by. For the latter there was some government regulation required, but it was all fully within constitutional bounds, and was absolutely necessary and proper.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:27 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I made a reply to this however for the second time. The new forum in its infinite crappiness has somehow destroy 20 minutes of my time. Ill reply tomorrow. Sorry for making you wait.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next