It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hate level 22 rare gear.
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:45 pm 
Private
Private

I keep running into high level players who are equipping at level 22 using rare gear. this just lets them wreck their opponents. So frustrating.

Post subject: Re: Hate level 22 rare gear.
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:08 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

There are workarounds though.

At first, i also thought that anyone who uses rare items is either a premium user or has bought credits. But after some time, i've learned that's not the case at all times.
As regular user, you too can have rare items without spending real money for premium/credits if you know how to get them.

The idea itself is simple, just keep your mech at same level and collect money to buy same level rare items to your mech.
Matchmaking depends on a mech level, not your player level. So you don't have to buy the latest available parts to your mech.

While using the described technique, my mech has mostly rare parts while mech itself is at lvl20.
Right now, i'm collecting credits to buy myself even higher level mech (lvl30+).

--
Aeacus

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:51 am 
Private
Private

I can't add much because Aeacus covered what I usually said, but I'll just say that because of a recent change to the game, lvl 20 is the lowest matchmaking level that high experience lvl players can fight at, so after lvl 19, you'll suddenly start seeing players with the best weapons they can buy (because high experience lvl players save more money, and can afford all the low level rare items).

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:29 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Antares102 wrote:
Well seems like the lowest match making level really needs to be increased to 30 or something :(

I doubt it if it really makes any change.
If lowest match making level would be 30 then it would only take little bit more time for new users to reach lvl30 and suddenly start seeing mostly rare weapons again like it's right now.

It doesn't help if high level players would be further handicapped, instead low level players should be helped like i described HERE.

--
Aeacus

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]