It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Current Battledawn
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:10 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:14 am
Posts: 964
Location: Somewhere in his nice place to play !
Gender: male
Oh My God, what the hell is Milan talking about, Milan you shouldn't be a normal player you must become an Admin :D You write so well and you explain better than a professor :D :D

_________________
Alliances: GeNs, HORD, DG

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

Image
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Current Battledawn
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:20 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8018
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
georgeshelou wrote:
Oh My God, what the hell is Milan talking about, Milan you shouldn't be a normal player you must become an Admin :D You write so well and you explain better than a professor :D :D

u just stepped on a landmine

never step on a landmine

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Current Battledawn
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:33 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:14 am
Posts: 964
Location: Somewhere in his nice place to play !
Gender: male
Hey Aister, what do you really mean by Landmine ? I only gave my opinion on Milan because Milan does not deserve to be such a normal registered player, I mean look how he explained everything in his post.

_________________
Alliances: GeNs, HORD, DG

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

Image
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Current Battledawn
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:47 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1860
Let's not get off track here guys.. This topic is to discuss the changes made in Battledawn over the last few years, not to discuss whether someone should be an Admin or professor.

_________________
Image

Made by KazeToushin, thank you!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Current Battledawn
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:56 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:14 am
Posts: 964
Location: Somewhere in his nice place to play !
Gender: male
The game is as fine as it is bro, but as I can see wars are very slow and everything must go step by step. The use of spies is very important; the Maintenance Team and the Moderators should discuss this issue sooner or later when the Earth 6 Championship era finishes.
And Milan, if you don't like someone calling you future Admin, because you really deserve this spot because of the way you explain with the details and screenshots: Tell me :P I think you're not satisfied at all :lol: :lol:
The most important thing is: I want the Score System changed
The Spy Systen aswell

_________________
Alliances: GeNs, HORD, DG

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

Image
Image


Last edited by georgeshelou on Sun May 05, 2013 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Current Battledawn
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:58 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3347
Gender: male
georgeshelou wrote:
The game is as fine as it is bro, but as I can see wars are very slow and everything must go step by step. The use of spies is very important; the Maintenance Team and the Moderators should discuss this issue sooner or later when the Earth 6 Championship era finishes.
And Milan, if you don't like someone calling you future Admin, because you really deserve this spot because of the way you explain with the details and screenshots: Tell me :P I think you're not satisfied at all :lol: :lol:

That is not a discussion that should be had amongst the Maintenance Team and the Mods but a discussion that should be had among the players in topics like these.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Current Battledawn
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:59 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:14 am
Posts: 964
Location: Somewhere in his nice place to play !
Gender: male
Re-edited my post: I want a new score system, spy system.

_________________
Alliances: GeNs, HORD, DG

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

Image
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Current Battledawn
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:01 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm
Posts: 1136
George, your killing this thread. Just stop. This is a serious issue that should be addressed properly. I'm not sure if your doing it purposely or not either. But Aister don't assist his rambles, your a mod, act like a moderator.

simmen wrote:
The reason for the stagnant wars is partly new spys, but much due to all the subs that are now common. It was normal to have a sub, maybe two, and not usually filled with top players, it was a chance for newbies to get to know decent players. Now it's a favor for a favor, you play as a sub for someone on one world, and they will do the same for you. This causes there to be a lot of agents in circulation. This is a trend that is hard to turn, and I'm not sure if we will ever be able to, it is said to be impossible to win now without subs, simply because there are so many, and they are usualyl filled with good/great players. But this also drains the amount of top contending teams that can possibly play to win on a world, so to all who complain about competition going down while having subs filled with players who might have been your competition, well, not sure who else to blame. (replace the word sub with brother/sister alliance if it makes you feel more comfortable)


This is what the AANC is for essentially. Subs aren't needed for players who want to play to become good and involved with the community. At least not in such numbers.

simmen wrote:
This got a bit off track, must admit, but I just needed to get it out of the way as I will refer to it later in many of the problems Milan is trying to point out. Back to spies. I fail to see your point when you first say they are overpowered, and then say that there have been very few spy attacks that have had a huge impact on the world. With +/- 50 000 kills, how many would you atribute to spy attacks. In a world with so many fights, so much action, spys barely gets used. Is this because of strategical thinking? Probably, and I do not see what is wrong with it. In a champions world where it's not yet tick 800, yet one of your team mates say there is only 1 other team left that could win besides you, I don't see why the battle should be rushed. It's so early, so many alliances have died on what feels so long, but is rather a short time, not yet a third of how long a normal 1 tick world will last without 1 alliance getting all the relics, so many kills on your side that I can't take your argument that it's impossible to attack seriously.


The point is basically what we have repeatedly stated. If your to attack anything it has become apparent you will die. So unless you want to get all your friends to suicide into your buddies so they lose all their armor. Then try winning with sheer numbers, the game isn't going to move. I like faster paced wars and no I don't mean to say 1 tickers are slow. I'm just saying when I can't attack anything on a world with decent competition it becomes one giant sleep over. I would like to see faster paced wars than this...

simmen wrote:

As for tax. I would like to see the structures giving more resources, so even those who doesn't have huge amount of workers, or who are conquered have some sort of chance to build. But since this will most likely increase how annoying a conquer might be, I feel it's only fair to increase the income you get from conquers, and I see how it can increase wars, where now it's more about resource outposts.


I like this idea. Agreed :) Helping everyone :D

simmen wrote:
As for crystals; no. They might also increase the incentive for war, but farming crystals is a case that is much much smaller now than before the change, and 20 power is to early to get a crystal when looking at the crystal holder's side. You have no way to protect it at 20. Not much of a chance at 30, but no possible way at all at 20.Though -i would like a wreck-like idea of garrisons spawning randomly around the map with 1-3 crystals. Not a huge defense, but enough for the person to take it to show that they'll be somehow able to defend it. and this also promotes acitivty without the newb bashing. Feedback on this idea please? :)


Nice, idea. I saw Korupt make a suggestion out of this. I voted yes and put my reasons there. Check them out if you wish

simmen wrote:
For a guy who talks about how much he hates being mutli spam attacked, you do seem very eager to remove the restriction that severely limits it. It was put in place mainly to prevent multies that might hurt players, and it did this on two levels. 1. They needed more time to attack, so they couldn't just join end of tick, build barracks, then launch before you had a chance to notice them. And lowering the amount of units they can make trough forcing them to make the structures. Does this also mean that the normal players also have to make them, using their resources? Yes, but these are basic structures, had we asked you to build level 5 which you'd have to wait days for, I would have seen your complaints, but these are basic, relatively low cost structures for one who properly play the game. Additional good side is that it makes new players get the most basic resource structures instead of spending all resources on units getting killed by xp hunters.


I guess this is just a player preference of mine and you do have a valid good reason to explain why this idea was implemented. But a more open game might bring back more people and lure in newer players. My first era I was only able to conq my conqueror b/c of spams early on.

simmen wrote:
Razing being increased to 24 were an obvious reasons. For admins to more efficiently catch op farmers, delete outposts, and also make op farming much less efficient.


Round changing op farming is usually reported. Minor abusers would still be caught too. I see no harm in reverting this.

simmen wrote:
You blame much of the changes of the gameplay because of the updates. I would say the mentality has changed, but with no clear connection to the updates such as you claim. More that it's a simpler way of playing it with scratching each other's backs. So yes, I do also hope for a change, but it has to come from the players, not the admins and developers.


It is the only basis we have to blame it on? When the game is updated the players update with it. Unless you would like to just say that you think the game isn't fun, the updates are what makes the game interesting. The original layout is old now. Updates keep people coming back.

_________________
BoS (E4) NUKE (Fantasy)
Image

Retired NEWS Reporter.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Current Battledawn
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:31 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:46 pm
Posts: 77
Milanos wrote:
We were coordinating better and played smarter, but it wasn't spies that actually killed them. The reason SAGE made a mistake is that I believe they simply got too bored of sitting on the same OP for 7 days and decided to attack for once. That attack immediately showed why you just CAN'T attack stuff with more than a few squads with the current system. I do however think you are confusing strategic with balanced. Calling this spy system strategic is giving it too much credit, you don't need a lot of strategical insight to realise you need to plant as many agents as possible and that you can lock your enemy on every attack. That is all basic. There is no deep strategy in that.


In the end, the spies were the reason they got killed like that. And yes, you're right, it's not really strategy what I was talking about. But then, is there any deep strategy in a game like this? It's more about organization and coordination (and activity of course).
I think the spy system isn't really the problem, I still don't see how it changed BD to the worse for the reasons I gave above. And you claim that you cannot attack your enemy at all is not true. If you overpower them you can always attack. It simply is more difficult. And nukes can be used to kill enemy agents. Of course it does slow down wars, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you want to have fast war, simply join a fast server. Usually wars are less stagnant there as the gameplay is less "strategic".

The new discussion you brought up about income and how it is generated is indeed an interesting one in my opinion. I'm completely against increasing taxation again though, simply because farming inactive noobs for income is bad game mechanics. Crystals are another point. Increasing the amount of crystals circulating would help to make the game more competitive again I think. So I'm very much in favor of the idea brought up by Simmen.

_________________
Nicknames: s0rcy, Vidar


I am a SoLDier


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Current Battledawn
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:38 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm
Posts: 1136
bleaky wrote:
I think the spy system isn't really the problem, I still don't see how it changed BD to the worse for the reasons I gave above. And you claim that you cannot attack your enemy at all is not true. If you overpower them you can always attack. It simply is more difficult. And nukes can be used to kill enemy agents. Of course it does slow down wars, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you want to have fast war, simply join a fast server. Usually wars are less stagnant there as the gameplay is less "strategic". .


How will anyone overpower someone when major alliances are only getting 150-200 more resources than a player thats just sitting?

We've suggested new tactics in the past too. Those were also shot down.

A fast war from what I was saying isnt hourly based. Its tick based, it shouldn't take so long to get simple results in a war with this many people involved.

_________________
BoS (E4) NUKE (Fantasy)
Image

Retired NEWS Reporter.


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl