It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you are reporting or validating a bug or glitch in Supermechs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Quitting opponent caused game to crash
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:01 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Hi

(Not the best name to this bug reporting topic but i hope it should do it.)

So, i got few screenshots showing what i saw.
(Click on image to enlarge.)

Image Image

And now the story what happened:
I got an opponent like usual and battle went on nicely. Up to the point when opponent realized that he'd loose when my next turn will begin.
I managed to hit him once before he quitted and my drone finished him/her off. But the message that i got wasn't the usual middle battle quitting message. (See the images above.)
He didn't quit on first round as first pop-up shows. (You could look the mech lifepoints that are visible at backround.)
I was able to click away the first pop-up but the round rewards pop-up displayed incorrect numbers (as seen from image). And i couldn't click on OK button to be returned to main menu. Go Premium button also didn't work. Only way to recover for me was to refresh the page, so the game would reload itself.

That may be a bug, but my guess is that it's some kind of cheat. If cheater plays and looses, he/she quits the battle before it officially ends and hacking/cheating program causes the game to malfunction, thus negating any reward the winner would have gotten.

Another strange thing here is that my opponent didn't have a name. (As seen from my screenshots.) How could that be a possibility? The game requires a log-in name and that name is also your name in the game and in the forums.

--
Aeacus

Post subject: Re: Quitting opponent caused game to crash
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:51 am 
Private
Private

This has also happened to me on several occasions, so I don't think it's a cheat.
I think it may have something to do with the server going down (when it happened to me, I remember it took longer to reload the game [which it does when the server goes down] and there were fewer users online than before).

As for the nameless opponent, I do find that strange, and can't think of an explanation for that (well, other than your opponent using unusual characters in their name, which don't display).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]