It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: my build
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:11 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Damage is great... at Solo, I learned the hard way, i was set up and lost my army, if I would have used just armor and range... I would have lost either way but i would have wiped out more soldiers, I like using damage because it makes me feel less generic, but the pro build is better. Use damage only as spam or if you are outnumbered.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:02 am 
Major
Major

If you are fighting even battles or battles where you are outnumbered you are doing something wrong. Using a different unit type will not help in something like, what will help is learning to dodge/fall back and set up the battle how you want to fight it. If you are fighting on your enemies terms meaning allowing them to push the attack then you need to reverse roles.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:09 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Korupt wrote:
If you are fighting even battles or battles where you are outnumbered you are doing something wrong. Using a different unit type will not help in something like, what will help is learning to dodge/fall back and set up the battle how you want to fight it. If you are fighting on your enemies terms meaning allowing them to push the attack then you need to reverse roles.

we are doing solo attacks on a little alliance we have them outnumbered 3/1 so i am using the damage thing on them since it can kill them while i focus the pro build ships on better opponents

BMO chop(If this was a real attack you'd be dead)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:44 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

oh and i wanted to find out what makes 2 rounded battles to be 2 rounds is it the amout of units or what???

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:12 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

here is me owning Slinky

if this doesn't work here is another 1

BMO chop(If this was a real attack you'd be dead)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:52 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

hmm is that really relevant to the topic

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:26 pm 
Major
Major

jonesm wrote:
oh and i wanted to find out what makes 2 rounded battles to be 2 rounds is it the amout of units or what???

The amount of rounds a battle has simply has to do with the amount rounds it takes for the units to kill each other.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:31 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Korupt wrote:

when u're going solo, having an even, or slightly outnumbered, is pretty common. Ofc there are things like spies and nukes (and ion) but in general, damage is good when going solo

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:09 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Why do people always say that if you're fighting even or outnumbered battles, then you're doing something wrong, you can't always avoid that, it can and will happen, what if your alliance is fighting a bigger alliance, you can't run away forever.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:34 am 
Major
Major

Harbinger745 wrote:
Why do people always say that if you're fighting even or outnumbered battles, then you're doing something wrong, you can't always avoid that, it can and will happen, what if your alliance is fighting a bigger alliance, you can't run away forever.

Actually with enough skill you can haha. BD is all about controlling variables.

As for Aister's comment, even when going solo you want to use range units. When you get your opportunities to strike you need to be able to do so with minimal losses since obviously you do not have an alliance to support you while rebuilding. Therefore you should still use range so as to do a maximum amount of damage while taking a minimum amount of losses. Playing solo is not much different from playing in an alliance. You still must control when and how you fight battles. If you cannot control that then you are doomed to lose whether you use range or damage or even boost 10k reds. If you cannot manage to control the terms on which you enter a battle you have already lost no matter what decisions for unit or chassis type you may choose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next