It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Admins deciding who wins CE...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Admins have always played the game as any other player, that should be applauded not criticised. It helps them care and see what matters to us as players. I doubt they are paid enough to be in it for the money.

The idea they go around faking colonies is absolutely ridiculous, especially considering the history of some of their admins (Ilona, Tom, Simen, previously Andrew) as very legit, honest players.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:42 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Guys we are addressing our opinion. In reality BD is providing a service (entertainment) while some don't donate for the service me and Karl does. We should be able to address our issues with the service in this forum. Initially I stated something to the fact that we are getting many op near us and warning if we take them. I viewed it as interference. I am happy to know Seth was talking to Karl. But we have got warning this era without the talks. What if an admins best friend is on the other team? Nothing against admins but this is a highly tactical era and I am grateful for a forum to address my issues with this service I donate to.

I understand there is a such thing as farming, but their is 2k members on e6. One of them deciding to bother the top alliance would not be out of the normal. This is not the first time we was warned for something, but this is the first time I decided to address it. It went from the specific incident to me requesting a standard protocol. Since this is a service (entertainment) that I donate to I hope my suggestion is considered.

Now the kudos goes to Seth that did his homework and talked to Karl. But this don't happen all the time. Most admins only talk to players they know. So what would Ilona done? If we had a set protocol we would not need to get tons of warning with no evidence and we could just have conversation like Seth did (but I wasn't aware of).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:51 pm 
Major
Major

anthonymn wrote:
Guys we are addressing our opinion. In reality BD is providing a service (entertainment) while some don't donate for the service me and Karl does. We should be able to address our issues with the service in this forum. Initially I stated something to the fact that we are getting many op near us and warning if we take them. I viewed it as interference. I am happy to know Seth was talking to Karl. But we have got warning this era without the talks. What if an admins best friend is on the other team? Nothing against admins but this is a highly tactical era and I am grateful for a forum to address my issues with this service I donate to.

I understand there is a such thing as farming, but their is 2k members on e6. One of them deciding to bother the top alliance would not be out of the normal. This is not the first time we was warned for something, but this is the first time I decided to address it. It went from the specific incident to me requesting a standard protocol. Since this is a service (entertainment) that I donate to I hope my suggestion is considered.

Now the kudos goes to Seth that did his homework and talked to Karl. But this don't happen all the time. Most admins only talk to players they know. So what would Ilona done? If we had a set protocol we would not need to get tons of warning with no evidence and we could just have conversation like Seth did (but I wasn't aware of).

I respectfully disagree with the idea that not every admin would take the time to talk out an issue with you. I came from kong so hardly anyone on .com knows me and certainly none of the admins knew me when I first came here. When I had an issue I was always able to talk one on one with an admin and work out the problem. Sometimes admins may be busier than others but I am certain they will work to resolve any issue as quickly as possible. The last thing they want to do is ban people which is why they work so hard to resolve issues when they arise.
As for developing a protocol I do not think that is possible since every situation is different.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:53 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I just wanted to add, that almost all admins and mods were players first.

We don't just magically spawn off of some assembly line or something....

And theres only like 8-12 of us or something...

2 of which are brand new

MORE BD Comics on Facebook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:58 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

Elric wrote:

2 of which are brand new

i was about to say something about that but ive played with you before :lol:
but i'd never seen seth as a player before 0.0 i bet he was a very skilled top 100 player :lol:

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:01 pm 
Major
Major

Elric wrote:

2 of which are brand new

If we were not first players what help would we be in the game or what benefit could we possibly provide for the other players of this game? Well said Elric.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4