It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: magnet/repeller
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:07 pm 
Private
Private

haco25 wrote:
i think that as well as the grapple and charge-good if you have a sword-there should be a super magnet which pushes them away :arrow: as far as they can go this is good if you have rocket launchers

There are loads of weapons with knockback and there is teleport. I suppose you could have something with a massive knockback effect and aonly a small amount of damage, theoretically it could fit in the slot otherwise used for grapple or charge, making you choose between the effects.

Quote:
also i think that instead of a flat platform there should be lumps and dips to fit the background i think this would make it more fun as you would have to think: is my rocket going to hit a hill and not the opponent?

I think this changes the game too much and would detract from the fun.

Quote:
also i think you should add homing missiles where they follow your mouse-but after say 3 spaces they run out of fuel and go no further also have like a place where you can make your own robot part (within the game for a large cost, say (for me a lot of money would be 50000) but maybe higher up that is nothing

I don't get homing missiles, every attack hits anyway. A create your own part could be a great idea though, you could design it from various graphical components and assign things like damage, heat etc. based on cost, with the level requirements being determined automatically from the specs, I think this is a great idea.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:05 pm 
Private
Private

richec01 wrote:
actually, there could be a miss chance. that would make it more interesting.

I like that idea a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:14 pm 
Private
Private

I don't see the need for a miss when you have random damage weapons (e.g. the 'blaster' drone does 1-40 damage, and getting a damage of 1 is effectively a miss anyway).

But with mouse-guided missiles, you could have a system where the better you guide them, the higher the damage (not sure what would count as 'better' though, maybe the straightness of the missile path, or a timer [e.g. guide it so it hits dead on 2 second for max damage, each second off halves the damage]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:09 am 
Corporal
Corporal

haco25 wrote:
place where you can make your own robot part (within the game for a large cost, say (for me a lot of money would be 50000) but maybe higher up that is nothing
Yay, I liked this part. This can be a "end-game" thing to get high level players in-game. You can label them for 200k per part, so it is hard to get and guarantee it is rare, let the player make his own custom part. But make them fullt customisable and slightly powerfull than normal parts at specific level
haco25 wrote:
also i think that instead of a flat platform there should be lumps and dips
I'm imagining myself standing near a hill, activating charge and flying towards the Moon. :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]