It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: what are dmg units good for ??
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:50 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Korupt wrote:
dor444 wrote:
personally i think you should be mixing your damage in with your range squads it has helped me a lot

Not sure how you mean this but you should not mix damage with range. Say you have 9 armor 6 damage and 15 range, you have just cut the amount of damage you do in the first round which is obviously bad. If you possibly mean that you should use damage in place of armor units then you are reducing the amount of hp buffering your range units not to mention the fact that you will be losing more units that are more expensive than armor.

(Don't use blue text, that is reserved for Mods iirc)

Well idk about you but its help me quite a bit

and what if i do use blue what are they gonna do ban me?? :twisted: and besideds theres a reason i do it

Ill tear you to shreds

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:51 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Korupt wrote:
dor444 wrote:
personally i think you should be mixing your damage in with your range squads it has helped me a lot

Not sure how you mean this but you should not mix damage with range. Say you have 9 armor 6 damage and 15 range, you have just cut the amount of damage you do in the first round which is obviously bad. If you possibly mean that you should use damage in place of armor units then you are reducing the amount of hp buffering your range units not to mention the fact that you will be losing more units that are more expensive than armor.

(Don't use blue text, that is reserved for Mods iirc)

Well idk about you but its help me quite a bit

and what if i do use blue what are they gonna do ban me?? :twisted: and besideds theres a reason i do it

Ill tear you to shreds

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:20 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

hmm i took a little break, and really?
you korrupt, are missing the point.
the post isn't asking whether to use damage or not or how you should build your army...

read this:

Korupt wrote:
Korupt wrote:

@minpk If you are participating in battles that last 3 rounds or more than using damage is the least of your worries since you are doing something horribly wrong.

You are missing the point though, if you fight close battles you need to reevaluate your strategy. For damage to surpass the damage output of range the battle must last at least 3 rounds. 2 is the maximum number of rounds you want but obviously 1 round is best. The only time 3 rounds is okay is when you have squads with range 5.

This whole paragraph is talking about builds!!!

Now if we were talking about builds, i would agree with you in a heart beat. But we aren't. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WHAT DAMAGE IS GOOD FOR o.o
what I've been saying is that:
damage is good at fighting close battles, although it's not practical to build damage since they are useless outside of close battles which you shouldn't fight to begin with...

BUT, the fact that you shouldn't use them in your army doesn't mean that they aren't good at close battles.

i hope re-wording it made it clearer to you, because if it isn't clear, my palm is going to be glued to my face....

PM me if you wanna have some fun :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3