It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: M2: FPM vs GTS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:52 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

FPM vs GTS
So for this I’m going to go right back to the start. FPM placed on this world as DRNK, an alliance going for some second place blues. We started off with little boosting, Denny being the only one to boost to get his own back on an alliance he didn’t like.

GTS’s first move was against ESBN and here they created their allies with DRNK, SoCo and GODS to take them down. Fortunately for GTS ESBN were weak and they didn’t need the help of their allies to take them down. From here on out it was clear that GTS were going to win the era, since they had allied with the only other competition and they were willing to give over rank 1 to them.

Down with DRNK though, we had problems with SoCo with sniping and them pushing right on our border and not allowing us to expand. Here I had a very messy weekend that put me away from BD for a couple of days (so worth it :D). Once I had got back SoCo had been dealt with.

Our next move was on GODS, since they were located right next to us and we were having major problems with them. However for this, because GTS had said they were brothers with GODs, we had asked them if we could attack GODs. GTS gave us the go ahead and DRNK started pushing their advance on GODs. Around tick 400 we had managed to push them right up to the north left island (after they were placed right next to us on the bottom left island). As we we’re going for the final attacks the fun started… :evil:

Our first deal with our new leader Denny was a tick 600 NAP with GTS, however after the new deal for letting us attack GODs was an all era NAP and we would hand victory over to them. Then on my return and watching our alliance push GODs up north I got sniped on a conquer by JudgeyWudgey. I scanned the origin op and got this:
Spoiler:

It was then that I noticed GTS weren’t going to respect their deals made and quickly had everyone withdraw from GODs asap. As I guessed GTS moved in 119 squads right in to our open hive, a nice little backstab from them. 2 ticks after 100 spams covered the map and took out our whole network (spams placed days before the attack) so I well thought out backstab.

At this point our alliance power was 950, GTS was at 1450 power

The first jump they made they moved 119 squads 20 ticks from our hive while my lonesome 20 squads were the only things defending. Once they landed however two guys pulled back to sleep, possible the best tactic I’ve ever seen :S This left 70 squads left to push and once Denny had managed to get his squads back to the hive we were able to manage to hold off the 70 squads pushing in on our hive. Then GTS left a gate open allowing our whole alliance to get back home giving us 150 squads to push back their 70 squads back, possibly the biggest fail of a backstab I have ever seen.

The 70 squads quickly retreated and the guys who had decided to sleep (moving with an 11 eta) cleverly moved to an op placed right next to one of our gates and we managed to get our first BRs.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

With these 2 armies gone in the first hours of GTS backstab we quickly regrouped and pushed them well out of our hive.

At this point *I have to give huge credit here* we asked our subs to deal with GODs since we no longer could. Our subs moved up north and did a very good job of keeping them off our backs and in the end killing them so thank you!!! :D

However even after these hits we were still massively out powered. The next hit came from another sleeper leaving his army on an op:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

It then became clear that we were up against a fairly inactive alliance so all we had to do was dance with them and then when they start sleeping push on them. Doing this we managed to push them right up to the border of their island. Once reaching there they picked up their activity and pushed us pretty far back.

After this it became a lot more than just picking the enemies off by sleeping and more trying to get them to split off to make their armies more manageable.

The next attack came when there strongest most active players managed to push us back to an op waiting with 8 agents on it. They suspected something and 2 of the 3 players turned, however one didn’t manage to get away and got locked down on the op. Other players came to defend and the biggest battle took place.
Spoiler:

This was a heavy loss for both alliances however we still had a lot of range left over and 3 of their most active, stronger players were now dead. We quickly rebuilt armour and started pushing again, now with the help from our subs who had finished with GODs. GTS could see a couple hundred squads flying out in their direction and all the time they had been taking heavy losses. Once we pushed back again they had realised they had lost and BC’s started popping up saying good job, you have won fair and square.
The final suicide attack came in from those surviving members.
Spoiler:

After this most of GTS were done Ceja, as leader, relocated next to our army giving us the easy conquer making it clear they had given up. More broadcasts came up that GTS had given up. Apologies started coming through saying the backstab was wrong and that each individual player had nothing to do with it :P
Spoiler:

The final thing to do now was push on their hive and claim our victory as the new alliance FPM!!! :D
Spoiler:

Of course we couldn’t do this alone. Have to give special thanks to BBNG, INSs, DMD and ICE for all the help they offered. Without you guys we may not have won this war :)

On a side note, with all the activity and time between ticks we got a bit bored:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

In the end thank you GTS for backstabbing (my personal opinion). It made things very interesting and a very fun battle. I don’t think I can hold a grudge against you guys because of it :) Not like I can say I’ve never backstabbed xD

Also a special welcome to Svaneti, Arnold and Tweet, 3 new comers to the alliance :) Arnold has proven very helpful and Tweet is in a league of his own :D where has this noob be hiding? :roll:

Post subject: Re: M2: FPM vs GTS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:08 am 
Corporal
Corporal

I'd like to especially thank DMD!
If it were not for their nuke field in our hive GTS would have surely pushed on and conquered us before our armies came back from the north during the whole GODS war.
Spoiler:

I enjoyed this era. I'm proud of my team.
As for GTS, they only have themselves to blame for the loss of this era.
We had a FULL ERA NAP agreeing to #2. giving them #1.
Backstabbing doesn't always work out so well does it :D

Families:
CME

Former Families
UI, FPM, BoS, SAIL,

Wins:

FPM 3x
CME 2x
Milk 1x
BoS 1x
SAIL 1x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:27 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:50 pm 
Private
Private

Good Job Guys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:03 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Well, you guys won pretty easily I'll have to say. It was mainly due to our first push being unsuccessful because Judgey Wudgey(GTS leader) declared war on you guys, and then after we started pushing said "Oh, by the way, I have to go in 3 hours" *facepalm*. After the bigger battle between our two alliances, everyone was still rebuilding, and then our most active/best player said that he was quitting, and at that point the remaining members that were still fighting (Myself, Vlad, and Slinkyv2) decided it was time to be done with this.

Honestly, in fairness, we thought that DrNk was going to backstab us, which was our only reason for going to war. For some reason our leader claimed that he had pics of you guys asking other alliances what side they would take in a war between us two.

Shout out to the ridiculous activity of DrNk, you did a lot better than us at functioning as a team even though we were the stronger alliance. UP was the only reason you guys won though, they fought me every step of the way on the entire left side of the map above you two's hive. That was why in that picture of top 12 alliance territories you see green everywhere on that left island instead of blue, myself and Motnahp took all the OPs of DrNk there, they were all retaken easily, if it weren't for UP we would have closed you guys to just SoCo island and won by sheer firepower and rebuild capacity. Unfortunately due to some bad leading decisions and inactivity, the better alliance won.

As I said in my BC, gratz to WAKE and gl for the rest of the era :) Hope there is no bad blood between GTS and WAKE because of this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:28 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I have to say this era is one of a kind :D Very fun and i have no regrets either way as i didn't come to win, i came to play for fun :D Several GTS members put up an excellent fight, special mention to Motnahp for being the most annoying prick i have ever seen, his relentless spamming is wht really got on my nerves XD Great job but unfortunately not enough :S

Very fun round and my first round with this new alliance FPM :D Cheers to everyone and hopefully things fall in our favor :)

Winning Alliances - TLA F2, DETH F6, Milk/FPM M2, SoFe M3, HaHa M1, BoS F1

Families Associated with:- TLA, DETH, HaHa, BoS, FPM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:11 am 
Private
Private

This has probably been one of my most favorite eras, just cause of how much fun it has been ^_^ i wanna give a shout out to Vlad, Motnahp and Ceja they were prolly the most active members of GTSD and they made me stay up some very long nights xD

Shout out to my new family FPM, loved this era guys and thanks for putting in so much activity time and effort :) also yes our sub/brother alliance BBNG did a great job at holding off GTSD in the north, thank you! :)

- Pineapple

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:36 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Very fun era for me as well. I'd like to give a shout out to my new family FPM, for picking up the slack when spring break rolled around. :) No hard feelings on the backstab.. just all part of the game I guess. Was definitely a very enjoyable era.

FPM Coming Out
FPM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:53 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

What can I say, the better team won. Can't deny that. It was kinda stupid for me to get off like a few ticks after we declared war -.-

It was still a very fun era nevertheless.

JudgemenT

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:03 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Little ol Tweet making a name for himself? I remember when he was the noob of nWo. Congratz on him.

Current alliances-none
Former alliacnes-EA,LOZ,ZN,SF,VAL,MAD,BoS,KWP

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next