It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:01 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

meh, how do I do a proper url? :(

I doubt it's because you don't work that you didn't send a check to a poor school. I'm be willing to bet 200 tokens that you haven't ever asked your parents to give money to a poor school instead of getting some sort of gift before.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:03 pm 
Private
Private

Daganev wrote:
meh, how do I do a proper url? :(

I doubt it's because you don't work that you didn't send a check to a poor school. I'm be willing to bet 200 tokens that you haven't ever asked your parents to give money to a poor school instead of getting some sort of gift before.

I have offered my parents money to donate out of their checks, but they would not. And my mother just lost her job, so we won't be donating any time soon. Just because you do not care for education, does not mean that i dont.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:58 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

And now I can feel my IQ dropping with the latest argument...

Yes, it can be spent on something else.

Will it? Maybe. Probably not. Daganev is arguing that the people with that money wont spend it on that. Pointless really because that is an unprovable point. Everyone else is just saying that it IS possible to be spent on something else, and they are just suggesting what they believe it should be spent on.

Once again, pointless. And actually quite off topic...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:29 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

msomeoneelsez wrote:

Will it? Maybe. Probably not. Daganev is arguing that the people with that money wont spend it on that. Pointless really because that is an unprovable point. Everyone else is just saying that it IS possible to be spent on something else, and they are just suggesting what they believe it should be spent on.

If you had the resources to do the research, it really isn't an unprovable point.

You can look at past behavior, statistics, and create models.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:57 am 
Captain
Captain

Daganev wrote:
msomeoneelsez wrote:

If you had the resources to do the research, it really isn't an unprovable point.

You can look at past behavior, statistics, and create models.

what i stated and got confused was taht people were spending a quarter of a billion dollars to stop same sex marriage.

i simply implied that this money could be used better elsewhere even though it wont, as people donated it to charity knowingly it will go to help protect traditional family roles.

the fact of the matter is, you can spend 250 mil $US far better then stopping homosexuals from marrying.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:06 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

The reason why many people are against same sex marriage is because marriage is supposed to be a sacred bond between a female and a male. It was not meant for male-male or female-female.
But now marriage is not only religious anymore, so while non religious people do not think of marriage as being holy/sacred religious people do and that is why it would offend them.

They could simply call it something else other than marriage, but personally I do not really care too much. I have nothing against gays, they defiantly deserve all of the same rights as other people and the exact same benefits as marriage.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11