It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Official CHAMPIONSHIP Era Announcement!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:34 am 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:21 am
Posts: 7
Gender: male
I just hope this is NOT an April fools event haha otherwise I'd like to play here just like many others :D


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Official CHAMPIONSHIP Era Announcement!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:53 am 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:38 am
Posts: 2979
Location: Broome, Western Australia
Gender: male
rcvs wrote:
I just hope this is NOT an April fools event haha otherwise I'd like to play here just like many others :D
It's been scheduled for April, not so we can troll you little newbs into buying a bunch of tokens and have nowhere to spend them, but rather so the beginning of the era hits with Easter holidays. Don't worry.. We're not that mean. (:


OR ARE WE?ADFJHDSF

_________________
Retired Head Mod

Image

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212


Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Official CHAMPIONSHIP Era Announcement!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:40 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8023
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
even if we want to do something for the April Fool, an event this big will not be done ;)

the most we will do is changing graphics I think

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Official CHAMPIONSHIP Era Announcement!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:57 am
Posts: 626
Location: BD SERVERS + BD FORUM
Gender: male
its not a joke, this is for real, and its not for those who take BD a game to pass time, people will give everything in this event, coz who ever wins this will own a mark in history of BD ,
Will own the higgest respact an glory,

_________________
Image
Image

JUST A GAMER
Skype:-Raxcave


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Official CHAMPIONSHIP Era Announcement!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:32 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:27 pm
Posts: 33
Gender: male
raxcave wrote:
its not a joke, this is for real, and its not for those who take BD a game to pass time, people will give everything in this event, coz who ever wins this will own a mark in history of BD ,
Will own the higgest respact an glory,



I guess all i am ultimately saying is that I would give more respect to a team that won a world where there was no boost option....

I did say that they should just charge a $10 entry fee. If 1000 players join, thats 10k and if 2000+ players it is 20k which i think most would agree such a server would attract that many players and possibly more.....

Then u got 2000 players with equal skin in the game ($10) and 100% chance fair chance at winning. U take the "boosted to win" argument and throw it out the window. The winners of this era are truly the master of the game.... it is just a once a year thing, can't it afford to be different? I am not saying all of BD should switch to this structure but I think adding some variety into something touted as a "championship server" deserves to stand out.

Or better yet, Host both server ideas. One with the current boost scheme and one with an entrance fee and no boosting. Then at the end, see which one earned the most money and which players are considered more elite and skilled.....i think we all know the answer to the 2nd part :)

I think the big boosters are scared to level the playing field with the active people all over the world who maybe be smart strategist, be active and have even achieved marks on regular worlds but lack the financial backing to even be invited to a team on a server such as this.....

and yes, i would even pay $20 to join a server like this.... do the math, the money is there.... and i know a lot of players who might feel reinvigorated about this game if such competitions where available....

stay classy BattleDawn,


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Official CHAMPIONSHIP Era Announcement!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:07 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1893
SirSkipwith wrote:
raxcave wrote:
its not a joke, this is for real, and its not for those who take BD a game to pass time, people will give everything in this event, coz who ever wins this will own a mark in history of BD ,
Will own the higgest respact an glory,



I guess all i am ultimately saying is that I would give more respect to a team that won a world where there was no boost option....

I did say that they should just charge a $10 entry fee. If 1000 players join, thats 10k and if 2000+ players it is 20k which i think most would agree such a server would attract that many players and possibly more.....

Then u got 2000 players with equal skin in the game ($10) and 100% chance fair chance at winning. U take the "boosted to win" argument and throw it out the window. The winners of this era are truly the master of the game.... it is just a once a year thing, can't it afford to be different? I am not saying all of BD should switch to this structure but I think adding some variety into something touted as a "championship server" deserves to stand out.

Or better yet, Host both server ideas. One with the current boost scheme and one with an entrance fee and no boosting. Then at the end, see which one earned the most money and which players are considered more elite and skilled.....i think we all know the answer to the 2nd part :)

I think the big boosters are scared to level the playing field with the active people all over the world who maybe be smart strategist, be active and have even achieved marks on regular worlds but lack the financial backing to even be invited to a team on a server such as this.....

and yes, i would even pay $20 to join a server like this.... do the math, the money is there.... and i know a lot of players who might feel reinvigorated about this game if such competitions where available....

stay classy BattleDawn,


The thing is.. If you charge $10 for an era like this, I really doubt 1k or 2k people will play. This era might have 1k people or more actively playing yes, but many of those won't boost one single bit. I know that I for myself am not buying reds either and am still playing. However, there will be some that boost a LOT on this era. I am assuming there will be millions of tokens boosted, and I am genuinely not exaggerating with my estimate. One million tokens costs about $15000 to buy, several millions would mean $15000 * ... . fill in your estimate. That compared to an era where you have people buy-in at $10 or $20, you would in the case of $20 at least 750 people buying in to break even with the very low estimate of 1 million reds boosted.

I can see why they would pick option 1 (no buy-in) over option 2. And to be fair, I believe option 1 is more fair to non-boosters. You do not need to pay anything to play, and realistically there will be so many mass boosts that you'll actually be able to get a huge army without boosting.

Therefore I believe this system (for a champions era) is more fair both to non-boosters and to Tactisoft.

_________________
Image

Made by KazeToushin, thank you!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Official CHAMPIONSHIP Era Announcement!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:56 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 am
Posts: 363
Location: Greenys
Gender: male
Spoiler:
Image

Watch out who you add to your chats :3 ill be posting everything i get from other alliances on there, meaning the ones i have beef with. You know who you are :3, well lets look i guess we have about 5 alliances right here being allies maybe who knows, But its nice too know :).


Lets hope everyone comes to this era, as i will be boosting cuz thats what makes this game fun :). Remember one thing haters will be hateing ;) and watch out for the hitman on this era heard about a lot of them being there.

Lets all have a clean era or seth just may bannd us all for his fun ;) nah only joe would do that but hey wheres simmens when we need him ;) did someone kill his pony??? :O only i can do that :p, ok back to game.


i hope every does there best next era i will be happy too see all the great faces i know and some that i will get to meet there :) Try hard play hard or go home!!!



_________________
Image
Alliance: SoFe,LWB,Hero,NOVA,SAIL GreenDayIsBack
OC Alliance: Echo,RCon... Conqueres of Mars 4 Age 5 OC
#AdminGreeny2014


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Official CHAMPIONSHIP Era Announcement!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:40 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:21 am
Posts: 7
Gender: male
SirSkipwith wrote:
I did say that they should just charge a $10 entry fee. If 1000 players join, thats 10k and if 2000+ players it is 20k which i think most would agree such a server would attract that many players and possibly more.....


If there is an entrance fee I can't join lol I don't buy reds though I have 30k blues ;)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Official CHAMPIONSHIP Era Announcement!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:44 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm
Posts: 1136
Im excited for this era more than anything ever and im not even playing it. If it was a prank that would be sick. They wouldnt do that!

_________________
BoS (E4) NUKE (Fantasy)
Image

Retired NEWS Reporter.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Official CHAMPIONSHIP Era Announcement!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:48 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8023
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
if it's a p2p server, I'd guess there will be at most 300 players, and with 300 players there will be a lack of conquers and newbies' OPs. That means less income, boredom will come next as there is no fun in having a war with 50 squads in the alliance...

not really a good idea...

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 31  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl