It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why infantry is the best chassis (à mon avis)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:25 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

So basically I want to see peoples preferred chassis (if you didn't have to counter an enemy).

My preferred Chassis would have to be infantry. A lot of people seem to disagree with me on this one, so I'm gonna give my reasons and see the flame war :D

My main reason for infantry being my favorite is the bonuses each chassis get against each other. According to the wiki page Inft gets bonus against Vech, Vech gets bonus against Tank, and Tank has extra HP. When I looked in to this though I found no difference with HP across all chassis.
Image 8*30=240
Image 16*15=240
Image 10*24=240

If you fill a full squad of each chassis you find that they all have the same amount of HP in the end, so in fact Tank does not have more HP than Inft or Vech. This means tank has no real bonus initially. Now Vech gets a +25% attack bonus vs Tank, but loses this bonus to Inft. Inft gets a +25% vs Vech and since Tanks don't have a bonus against Inft, Inft are level with Tanks. This means what ever chassis Inft might face it has no real threat from extra damage bonus from the enemy chassis.

Another thing that causes me to favor Inft is the effects of being hit by a nuke. After being hit by a nuke all health is lowered to one HP. This means with a full squad of tanks you only have 10HP (Vechs 15HP). With Inft you will have 30HP in a full squad still. This may still be very little but the attacking force will still have to send more range to one round the attack, so not to suffer a two round attack.
Also if you are not forced to fight after a nuke, each Inft has a lower HP so they will regain their HP quicker than Vechs or Tanks and will be ready to fight again quicker.

A third thing I like about Inft is the reduced tick time to actually recruit Inft. Although not a huge game changer, only having to wait 2 ticks to have a new squad of inft is pretty nice (especially on a one tick world where you might want this squad quickly). Waiting for Vechs to recruit takes 2x as long, Tanks 3x as long.
Apart from this being a nice feature about Inft I've found it to be very helpful in certain situations. Say your army is killed and it couldn't be avoided in the middle of a war your alliance can feed you their resources to get an army through with little overhead. With Inft you have a very low build time, so in the time it would take you to build 2 squads of Tanks from your colony, you could have 6 squads of Inft already built. In the middle of a war this can be VERY helpful as you could have a full army through and ready to fight again in a very short time.

Another nice thing I find about Inft is that at the beggining of the era, you can build the structure and not have to worry about building the next two structures for Vechs or Tanks. This means you have an extra 3500 metal and 2000 oil at the beggining of the era and lets face it, we all look for the extra metal and oil we can get at the start of an era.

There are only a few negatives I can find with using the Inft chassis. Firstly the cost for a spy attack on Inft is less than it is for Vechs and Tanks. Their is no difference in the effects of the spy attacks though, so each chassis is effected the same way to a spy attack. Also the cost of spy attacking Tanks is only 20e more which is very little considering how often you actually get an enemy to land on an op with an agent on it and they haven't put up spy protection and how little the oil costs are to convert oil in to 20e to perform the spy attack.

Another problem with Inft I know other people find is the restocking of armour when you lose some in squads. There are a lot more units in a squad of inft, so it's a lot harder to count the squads when you do lose units. This just comes down to laziness though. One way to counter this is rather than stacking squads 21 range 9 armour (which most do for Inft) is to build 3 squads range, 1 squad armour. That way when you do lose armour you can just see how few short you are of a full squad and recruit to fix it.

Lastly and the main problem with Inft is experience. This is the main reason players would prefer to choose Tanks over Inft among the best players as it takes less experience to get a R5 squad of tanks than it does a R5 squad of Vech or Inft.

Full squad of Inft: 30*30 = 900 (for one level)
Full squad of Vech: 15*50 = 750 (for one level)
Full squad of Tank: 10*70 = 700(for one level)

Full squad of Inft: 900*12 = 10800 (Range 5)
Full squad of Vech: 750*12 = 9000 (Range 5)
Full squad of Tank: 700*12 = 8400 (Range 5)

So for a full squad of Range 5 Inft you will have to find 2400 more xp, which in Tanks could be going towards another range 5 squad :)

However I find only the elite players, play for experience and it's extremely rare for a player to have more than 10 squads of range 5 (I know someone Earth 1 Era 11 had 40, aparently, if it's true congratz you are mental :D).

It's not very often players will go for experience and even then, with all these advantages with Inft I would say it would be worth putting in the extra effort to get the extra experience for Range 5 since Inft has so many advantages over other chassis.

Well that's about all I have to say, INFT IS EPIC!! :D Now you can all start shouting at me for missing things out or showing me I'm wrong.

Edit
As Aister pointed out, Tanks have the advantage when it comes to rounds lasting longer than 1 round when the range units start getting killed. Explosive units are killed first, then beam, then concussive. This means Anti Tank will be killed first, so if you manage to kill off all the anti tank but still have anti vech and inft left for the next round, the Tank will have the advantage against the weapon type :D

Red text is reserved for moderators. Please refrain from using it, thanks!

-Apollo

Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Preferred Chassis And Why :)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:50 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Vehicles, nuff said

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:51 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Please refrain from using blue or red color next time >.<

moved to strategy & guide

very well-made, but u forgot something which is why tank is considered advantaged against inf

explosive units will die first, then beam and lastly concussive, this mean inf will be damaged the most, while tanks are damage last.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:01 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Whats wrong with red and blue :(

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:08 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

it reserved for mods though, moving and adding polls are blue, bad content removal and warning are red. Though u used colors to make the post easier to read, so I let it pass but don't use those colors next time :)

although this is supposed to be debating about which is better, but I think it's best to be a guide. So if u want u can change the title to "Why inf is the best (in my opinion) or some sort, and add wat I said also :)

love ur "guide" for pointing out good and bad points, and ofc the color :)

Post subject: Re: Why infantry is the best chassis (à mon avis)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:24 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

Yep,
Even i think that inf is the best chasis.
btw,very well presented thread :)

ow!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:54 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Very nice thread, good to see why you prefer infantry.

I do however feel obliged to add to this.

Quote:
There are only a few negatives I can find with using the Inft chassis. Firstly the cost for a spy attack on Inft is less than it is for Vechs and Tanks. Their is no difference in the effects of the spy attacks though, so each chassis is effected the same way to a spy attack. Also the cost of spy attacking Tanks is only 20e more which is very little considering how often you actually get an enemy to land on an op with an agent on it and they haven't put up spy protection and how little the oil costs are to convert oil in to 20e to perform the spy attack.

The cost is indeed less, but the effects are not the same. Contrary to what some believe, I can confirm that vehicles and tanks do not get spied to 1 HP, they lose half their HP. Comparing this to inf who get damaged to 1 HP, this means that this could be a reason not to choose infantry.

Quote:
Another problem with Inft I know other people find is the restocking of armour when you lose some in squads. There are a lot more units in a squad of inft, so it's a lot harder to count the squads when you do lose units. This just comes down to laziness though. One way to counter this is rather than stacking squads 21 range 9 armour (which most do for Inft) is to build 3 squads range, 1 squad armour. That way when you do lose armour you can just see how few short you are of a full squad and recruit to fix it.

If you make 3 squads of range for every squad of armor your ratio is 3:1, whereas in the 21:9 and 20:10 build it is closer to 2:1. Of course it is your own choice, but in an even fight (even amount of units) the 2:1 build is cheaper both in oil cost and in metal cost.

Then the point you raise about experience.. I don't think that player had 40 squads of R5, from what I have seen he however had around 50 squads of R4.

I think you are giving experience too little credit. Infantry needs almost 30% experience more to level up.. I am a big supporter of experience, and even this E1 where I am not really playing I have managed to kill 12k units within 700 ticks, I have only had 11 range squads that have done all this killing, and I have not had to recruit armor in the last 400 ticks. The reason for this is that R4 and R5 are so powerful when used right.

Needless to say my 11 squads are all at range 5. It's just such a destructive force.. Perhaps I could have done this with infantry as well, but it would have taken longer and it would have cost me more metal and workers due to armor replacing.

In the end it's all personal preference and I do not have a clear favorite, I decide my chassis based on what the rest of the world thinks I am using. The era I did best, M1, I was infantry and managed to rack up tons of experience on them as well. And I must admit I really profited from the 2 tick build time there. However this era I have played with heavies and loved playing with those as well. So, there's no clear preference for me.

Either way, I like topics like this in which people post their reasons for choosing a chassis :) I don't think there will ever be a final say on the matter, since it is mostly based on opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:18 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

i think what you pointed out is gr8t. inf. does.. has.. a lot adv... when it comes on quick war, which does.. to me.. every time i play.. i don't get enough time. to build xp.. coz i have.. to go war. on big alliance.. inf. does.. have advantage.. you gave me.. a new point to think about..

JUST A GAMER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:21 pm 
Captain
Captain

nice post.. I always preferred inf.. But it depends on the server u r playing.. if most teams r Tanks so obviously vehicles r more preferable.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]