It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 47  Next
 Post subject: Re: Earth 1: Era 12
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:02 pm 
Captain
Captain

cosmin1980 wrote:
Eddie is right for the most part. Era should normally end by tick 1500 latest. None of the top 5 alliances has the moral right or the ability to claim victory over ED.

Truth is all of us just sit and built, due partly to inactivity and partly to the era long NAPs we had with both Sold and ED.

On SM side I can safely say we will handover to ED whenever asked to do so, as long as the others also keep their word. And they have no reason not to.

AI era was a breath of fresh air. E1 and E4 are becoming run of the mill servers with one alliance dominating easily. Most of the great 1 tick alliances are gone. And so will be BD's earnings from these servers unless they do something to shake things up and bring back the pros.

ED vs SoLD would of been a great war but again it really only involved a small portion of the worlds population. Majority of the top 10 was not involved either by choice or treaties too both side.

BD needs more top alliances actively playing for the win but with how good some alliances get, they don't really leave room for other alliances to grow unless said alliance is an ally or era long naped etc.

BD has definitely changed from what it was years back. An alliance nowadays can control half of the world by tick 300. Something that used to be considered unimaginable.

8+ years of Battledawn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:05 pm 
Private
Private

Yeah, I agree. I would love to see someone throw down the gauntlet like Kevin did on E4 a few years back. (MupT) era. He convinced a ton of top alliances to play, and he pulled out the win. I would enjoy seeing 5 or 6 bigger alliances all fighting for the win. The only problem that comes into play is that some people play for multiple alliances, etc. etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:19 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Perhaps an era like that will happen soon :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:08 pm 
Private
Private

Milanos wrote:
Hope an era like that will happen soon :)

And btw more SS on SoLD hive plz. And BRs if any.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:33 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

It's not so much that one alliance gets too strong early and nothing can be done to stop it. It is more the fact that in any given era you don't have more than 3-4 alliances going for the win, out of which 2 are total newbs. So you're left with 2 alliances and their subs battling it out. This E1 ED just had better subs and allies so there was no contest starting tick 400 or so.

There are still enough good players out there to form 4-5 top alliances. But there is no motivation left. Nothing to prove. And alot of frustration over lack of morals and faulty BD mechanics and gameplay changes.

I remember last E4 Gift played in...by tick 300 they had 3/4 of the world covered. We (G, avi, some other newbs) built round tick 250. And still we managed to keep them in check for 2000 ticks. And we lost because of a mix of drop in activity and a stupid ban. Point is great eras can still exist...and it is BD staff's duty to create the incentives and conditions for the old time greats to come back, least for one last time.

Till then...E4 is a total newb fest (top 3 alliances aren't good enough to even be a sub) and E1 remains the top BD server - as one sided as it is these days.

Maybe I was wrong...maybe the score system should come back (very simplified, only getting score for a win and as the difference between units killed and units lost, without any adjustments for power, etc). But all that will create is more wars and inability to be in top10 without fighting anyone. And ALOT of farming.

The key here is a breath of fresh air...something new...something bigger...something worth all our time and money. And only Michael and BD staff can create that.

Most crystals: 1067
Veni vidi vici

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:28 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

eddie2513 wrote:
SnOwDoG wrote:
eddie2513 wrote:

Oh and btw, this round is actually a fail for the BD staff. While we were competing boost was every 20 hrs. Now since we are gone boost is once every couple of days. Hats down ED you saved us all a lot of cash. Thank you :lol:

and whos boosting :o

Well nobody is boosting anymore. The competition is gone now. Only few reds spent here and there ;)

At first, I had no issues with commending you all for valiantly fighting. That was until you called us out for the only ones BOOSTING. This is after you your self stated and I quote you "
eddie2513 wrote:

Oh and btw, this round is actually a fail for the BD staff. While we were competing boost was every 20 hrs. Now since we are gone boost is once every couple of days. Hats down ED you saved us all a lot of cash. Thank you :lol:
"

Please do not go down that road with us. Please do not be angry that 1- your master plan failed horribly, 2- you dumped a good sum of money into the game and, I am not one to gloat; however, after your alliance was gloating when you were owning RFTA....or at least their some of their members, do not be upset that we used you like a dirty piece of toilet paper to wipe out posteriors. You just sound like a old man who failed in life when you cry like you are crying. Just admit defeat like a man. Not hide behind excuses....not very becoming of a "Elite" alliance leader. I said my part.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:35 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

cosmin1980 wrote:
The key here is a breath of fresh air...something new...something bigger...something worth all our time and money. And only Michael and BD staff can create that.

Hey Andrei this is true. I also had an idea but nobody gave a sh** about it. It got shut down before I even could explain. People are just too delusioned and close minded to consider anything new or any change. Its partly in human nature to do so. But ok. I will repeat my idea again.

See...I always get back to the tutorial thing...."BD is a game of strategy, tactics, diplomacy and skill". So why I am highlighting the word diplomacy? Simple. Diplomacy is tied to politics. Politics on the other hand is the closest relative of war. BD is a war game. Politics dont exist wihout legal documents and laws. So why dont we add some political/diplomatic elements into the game? An explanation follows:

First starting with something like a constitution, which is a set of rules is above all, and something all should follow up on. But like in real life laws are broken. So could the legal laws in BD be broken too. Very simple. And for breaking the law u carry consequences. The consequences/punishments would depend on the severity of the felony. So all in all, when setting diplomatic relations with an alliance you "sign" legal documents which provide detailed information of the deal. It works similar like a prenup. These "contracts/legal documents" are stored by a 3rd person who acts as an adiministrativite representee. The representee would have his colony/courthouse placed somewhere on the server, like next to the admin or whatever. So once the contracts are made they are sealed and justified by the court of law. You break it u get punished. Simple as that. Regarding the punishments both sides could agree on what the penalties for breaking or canceling the contract would be. Also, those contracts could be optional, so when setting deals with alliances you go do if "off-record" and the the rules wouldnt affect you once you decide to break or cancel it. Frankly, for the most part this is it, but of course a lot of things could be redone and edited, added up on etc etc...

I really like this thing, because it adds something new to the game. Maybe the 'pep' this game badly needs. Another pro of it is, since you invest your money in this game, you get some security because trusting simply on somebodies word isnt enough. Especially if the person is a stranger. Another thing, lying decieving and scamming is bad, so with the addition of legal documents you get punished for doing so. Ingame of course. Your actions ingame determine reactions also only ingame. So you can lie and decieve to your own will then.

And to conclude...if there are some who say backstabbing bla bla is a part of this game bla bla. Hey! Backstabbing will still remain there only this time if u deciede to decieve somebody u get punished. And remember the contracts optional. The alliances decide if they wanna seal the deals on the court or not.

Last edited by eddie2513 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:40 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

eddie2513 wrote:
cosmin1980 wrote:

And to conclude...if there are some who say backstabbing bla bla is a part of this game bla bla. Hey! Backstabbing will still remain there only this time if u deciede to decieve somebody u get punished. And remember the contracts optional. The alliances decide if they wanna seal the deals on the court or not.

If memory serves correct, did SoLD not break their pact with RFTA or at least what ever they were called in the past. I do recall that getting us into this war being that you were attacking them first and for most. Once again, you just sound bitter with a do as I say not as I do mentality.....PATHETIC! If the shoe was on the other foot and you were the you sitting on the toilet, you would be singing a different tune. Stop sounding so bitter and man up.

OOPS,

Forgot the 4th reason for being bitter:

When things hit the fan you were demoted as being the leader. So play your little violin while I sit front row orchestra at the symphony.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:55 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

@Snowdog:
Please mate chill.
I never said that. You got something terribly mistaken. The thing you quoted from me had nothing to do with the thing you are talking about. I am not crying, and I already admitted our deefeat lol. Go check my post above. Where I said we accept failure but we dont accept not trying. So I have no idea what your post is implying to neither what you are talking about. There was no master plan lol a master plan takes more than a day to do. Chill mate repeating it again I never said you were the only ones boosting. If there is any sentence where you could conclude such thing quote it so I edit. But I doubt you will find it.

edit1: regarding leadership thing there was other things involved why i stepped down. but you are free to accuse me of what u want. we are a free society.

edit2: dunno really mate what u are talking about. We never had any nap with KSM/RFTA or whatever in the first place. Lets not fight over the round anymore. What do you want from me? To admitt defeat? Okay here it is again, yes we lost. We got defeated. You win. Please stop it now ok? I am sorry if any of my words offended you in any way. I dont wanna argue neither fight about this anymore. ALso the quote you do about backstabbing its a common thing in BD it got nothing to do with this era circumstances at all. My idea about the diplomatic stuff is a product of the enviroment i was in this era but its something i seen trough my whole time of playing BD just htis time I actually post my suggestion. Pls stop the fight over the era now. We are talking about something else.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:11 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

I am actually quite calm. I will take you at your face value when you said that I misinterpreted what you were trying to get at. I just took you last few comments as slander for the restless night myself and my brothers/sisters put in. Did I boost.....hell yes....along with 99.9% of the elite members in this era. For it appearing I went off the deep end....of which I assure you I did not, those who know me can attest to it (hothead), my apologies.

Just saw things like,

"While we were competing boost was every 20 hrs. Now since we are gone boost is once every couple of days. Hats down ED you saved us all a lot of cash. Thank you :lol:"

eddie2513 wrote:
No problem.

And everything worked out so well. We were doing the best early game. What we didnt consider was that ED had too many supporters and helpers this era. Even if they didnt backstab the way they did we would have a really hard time to fight them all later on. But whatever. If we come back sometime again we will know to approach the world in a different manner.

not to mention others asking you to stop being bitter "pulls out rest of hair remaining".

You do seem like a stand up guy of which we had a little fun with each other during the round, but if you think I will stand here and allow slander....you might have taken us or at least me as someone else

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 47  Next