It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Post subject: I need some opinions.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:32 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

So I am now level 59 and I unlocked the spider torso. To be honest it looks awesome with his 8 total weapons and nice heat/energy ratio. 4 kit/5 module slots is decent, too.

BUT...is he worth being played for a long time or gladiator and HAL would overcome the spider's ability to have 8 weapons?(the highest in the game btw.)

Thanks for your time and let me know your opinion :)

Post subject: Re: I need some opinions.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:20 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Well, Having many weapons is good, when you have a good selection of weapons, but the Spider Torso has no ammo and rockets, which makes Ammo and rocket weapons useless, Except if you put lots of Rocket + Ammo modules (which wastes your space for other modules). HAL and Gladiator is better to me.

See what others think

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:39 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

SargeMech wrote:
Well, Having many weapons is good, when you have a good selection of weapons, but the Spider Torso has no ammo and rockets, which makes Ammo and rocket weapons useless, Except if you put lots of Rocket + Ammo modules (which wastes your space for other modules). HAL and Gladiator is better to me.

See what others think

I just tried the spider for a good 45 minutes and that's what I found out:

PROS: With 8 weapons, I made a deadly combo of physical/electric/explosive lasers from 1 to 6 range. He had no real weaknesses vs computer and I won vs a player with the same gear. He is awesome when close to the enemy.The Blue blast x2/Sun x2 top weapon combo is wonderful on him.

CONS: I miss the rocket launchers, and I lack high range attacks(my only high range are doom pitchfork and blue bombardment.) The overall hp is also low compared to HAL and I need my modules slot for other things than ammo, such as heat and energy booster and resistance modules. I also was annoyed when someone spammed rocket launcher and M9000, it made me out of range in an instant.

Overall he is pretty good, but he is better in melee and low range than high range(read about rocket launchers). I probably will try more weapons to find out what suit him best. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:29 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Trossoca wrote:
SargeMech wrote:

See what others think

PROS: With 8 weapons, I made a deadly combo of physical/electric/explosive lasers from 1 to 6 range. He had no real weaknesses vs computer and I won vs a player with the same gear. He is awesome when close to the enemy.The Blue blast x2/Sun x2 top weapon combo is wonderful on him.

CONS: I miss the rocket launchers, and I lack high range attacks(my only high range are doom pitchfork and blue bombardment.) The overall hp is also low compared to HAL and I need my modules slot for other things than ammo, such as heat and energy booster and resistance modules. I also was annoyed when someone spammed rocket launcher and M9000, it made me out of range in an instant.

Overall he is pretty good, but he is better in melee and low range than high range(read about rocket launchers). I probably will try more weapons to find out what suit him best. ;)

Oh yea, You're telling that the spider's designed for close combat and medium range.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:43 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

SargeMech wrote:
Trossoca wrote:
SargeMech wrote:

See what others think

Oh yea, You're telling that the spider's designed for close combat and medium range.

Personnaly it seems like it, I tried with rocket ammo and M9000/V22.0 combo...and he sucks. Hal would do better as you mentionned before :)

EDIT: 2x Twin termination R and 2x Lava is a good heatlocker combo for my mech. I did some test vs pc AND vs 2 dudes(I died vs one dude that had 4 hp left).
With the mentionned suns and blue blasts, this is a nice end-game mech...I will probably go that way for a long time :D

Anyone got some experience with Gladiator and HAL? I Would be interested to hear some of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Me when I was lvl61(I didnt had Lava so I used Fiery Bites)

Yup, God Mode does have 216/120 heat. :twisted: