It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I need some opinions.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:32 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:36 pm
Posts: 49
So I am now level 59 and I unlocked the spider torso. To be honest it looks awesome with his 8 total weapons and nice heat/energy ratio. 4 kit/5 module slots is decent, too.

BUT...is he worth being played for a long time or gladiator and HAL would overcome the spider's ability to have 8 weapons?(the highest in the game btw.)

Thanks for your time and let me know your opinion :)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: I need some opinions.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:20 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:46 pm
Posts: 67
Location: Australia, Melbourne
Gender: male
Well, Having many weapons is good, when you have a good selection of weapons, but the Spider Torso has no ammo and rockets, which makes Ammo and rocket weapons useless, Except if you put lots of Rocket + Ammo modules (which wastes your space for other modules). HAL and Gladiator is better to me.

See what others think


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: I need some opinions.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:39 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:36 pm
Posts: 49
SargeMech wrote:
Well, Having many weapons is good, when you have a good selection of weapons, but the Spider Torso has no ammo and rockets, which makes Ammo and rocket weapons useless, Except if you put lots of Rocket + Ammo modules (which wastes your space for other modules). HAL and Gladiator is better to me.

See what others think



I just tried the spider for a good 45 minutes and that's what I found out:

PROS: With 8 weapons, I made a deadly combo of physical/electric/explosive lasers from 1 to 6 range. He had no real weaknesses vs computer and I won vs a player with the same gear. He is awesome when close to the enemy.The Blue blast x2/Sun x2 top weapon combo is wonderful on him.

CONS: I miss the rocket launchers, and I lack high range attacks(my only high range are doom pitchfork and blue bombardment.) The overall hp is also low compared to HAL and I need my modules slot for other things than ammo, such as heat and energy booster and resistance modules. I also was annoyed when someone spammed rocket launcher and M9000, it made me out of range in an instant.


Overall he is pretty good, but he is better in melee and low range than high range(read about rocket launchers). I probably will try more weapons to find out what suit him best. ;)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: I need some opinions.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:29 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:46 pm
Posts: 67
Location: Australia, Melbourne
Gender: male
Trossoca wrote:
SargeMech wrote:
Well, Having many weapons is good, when you have a good selection of weapons, but the Spider Torso has no ammo and rockets, which makes Ammo and rocket weapons useless, Except if you put lots of Rocket + Ammo modules (which wastes your space for other modules). HAL and Gladiator is better to me.

See what others think



I just tried the spider for a good 45 minutes and that's what I found out:

PROS: With 8 weapons, I made a deadly combo of physical/electric/explosive lasers from 1 to 6 range. He had no real weaknesses vs computer and I won vs a player with the same gear. He is awesome when close to the enemy.The Blue blast x2/Sun x2 top weapon combo is wonderful on him.

CONS: I miss the rocket launchers, and I lack high range attacks(my only high range are doom pitchfork and blue bombardment.) The overall hp is also low compared to HAL and I need my modules slot for other things than ammo, such as heat and energy booster and resistance modules. I also was annoyed when someone spammed rocket launcher and M9000, it made me out of range in an instant.


Overall he is pretty good, but he is better in melee and low range than high range(read about rocket launchers). I probably will try more weapons to find out what suit him best. ;)

Oh yea, You're telling that the spider's designed for close combat and medium range.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: I need some opinions.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:43 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:36 pm
Posts: 49
SargeMech wrote:
Trossoca wrote:
SargeMech wrote:
Well, Having many weapons is good, when you have a good selection of weapons, but the Spider Torso has no ammo and rockets, which makes Ammo and rocket weapons useless, Except if you put lots of Rocket + Ammo modules (which wastes your space for other modules). HAL and Gladiator is better to me.

See what others think



I just tried the spider for a good 45 minutes and that's what I found out:

PROS: With 8 weapons, I made a deadly combo of physical/electric/explosive lasers from 1 to 6 range. He had no real weaknesses vs computer and I won vs a player with the same gear. He is awesome when close to the enemy.The Blue blast x2/Sun x2 top weapon combo is wonderful on him.

CONS: I miss the rocket launchers, and I lack high range attacks(my only high range are doom pitchfork and blue bombardment.) The overall hp is also low compared to HAL and I need my modules slot for other things than ammo, such as heat and energy booster and resistance modules. I also was annoyed when someone spammed rocket launcher and M9000, it made me out of range in an instant.


Overall he is pretty good, but he is better in melee and low range than high range(read about rocket launchers). I probably will try more weapons to find out what suit him best. ;)

Oh yea, You're telling that the spider's designed for close combat and medium range.



Personnaly it seems like it, I tried with rocket ammo and M9000/V22.0 combo...and he sucks. Hal would do better as you mentionned before :)

EDIT: 2x Twin termination R and 2x Lava is a good heatlocker combo for my mech. I did some test vs pc AND vs 2 dudes(I died vs one dude that had 4 hp left).
With the mentionned suns and blue blasts, this is a nice end-game mech...I will probably go that way for a long time :D



Anyone got some experience with Gladiator and HAL? I Would be interested to hear some of them.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: I need some opinions.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 Profile

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:36 pm
Posts: 49
Me when I was lvl61(I didnt had Lava so I used Fiery Bites)


Yup, God Mode does have 216/120 heat. :twisted:


Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl