It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Why do they look at me like that?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:07 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Once, I was sitting in a hotel lobby and had to wait that the cab finally arrives, so I took my macbook and used the time to look at my worlds. For the people around me it looks like I would sit there to play a wargame while my kids were running around me and my husband had hard times to make them not to break anything.

Well you can imagine how the people looked at me :D

Where have you played and how was the reaction of the people around you?

Post subject: Re: Why do they look at me like that?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

No one looked at me in any special way, but they were honking and yelling :D

I got a call during the WIND era, and I parked right there on the Freeway and was moving squads sitting in my car. I had a USB Dongle, so I could connect XD. I was driving home, and I had to stop cuz it was wartime :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:59 am 
Private
Private

Totally would be in ARM vs RUN era. Lex called me to get on to do something, idr what. But I was sitting in a lecture hall, in the second row. Half the people behind me were sitting there askign questions on what I was doing, and what it was. xD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:07 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

On new years eve some guy attacked me right in the the middle of the party so I "managed the music" on the computer. My girlfriend knew exactly what I was doing so at 11:55 unplugged the computer so I'd actually spend 12:00 with her. I got a lot of funny looks when the music cut out 5 minutes before midnight though -.-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:14 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

hahahahaha when WAR time BD mean no life.... n_n that why i like play BD... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:03 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

the ppl in my country don't speak English that much, so whenever I play BD in a public place they just look and see me chatting in English and have a "oh he's awesome" face

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:28 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

apollo wrote:
Totally would be in ARM vs RUN era. Lex called me to get on to do something, idr what. But I was sitting in a lecture hall, in the second row. Half the people behind me were sitting there askign questions on what I was doing, and what it was. xD

I have had that one a lot..

I think one of my worst times was playing BD while giving a presentation. It was on M1 and I was in the worst war of my life, had to do a ton of stuff every tick.

On top of that.. Been playing BD while in the bath, in trains, in busses, on a bench just outside uni ( :lol: ), on holiday, while having group meetings.

Oh, this one is pretty bad as well. I was on my bike riding home, and there were about.. 10 minutes left in the tick, I think. Still had 15 minutes to cycle back home if I really really had to get home quick. Then I got called to get online (for E1 back then). So I quickly thought.. And headed over to my secondary school which was 5 minutes away. Still remembered their password, luckily, and logged in. With 3 minutes to go I managed to check Skype to see what it was about..

And turned out there were 4 OPs for me to take.

So worth it :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:18 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

U-oh...school

This reminds me *sigh*
My son had a new teacher. An older, nice lady and she asked him:

"what are your parents doing?"
He: "My mom has her own worlds. Sometimes she has to ban people so they smoke red and when she had released all relics, she makes havoc."
She: "You better tell the truth. Next one please!"

As player, I remember a situation where I had to call my teammate for launching his squads to a relic. Unfortunately he was driving and his wife picked up (after I texted him already before)
She yelled at me in russian language for like 5 minutes. I am not sure how he calmed her down, but he made it in time !

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:22 am 
Private
Private

Alexi? xD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:27 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Alexeys wife..yes :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next