It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nightmare interpretation?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:24 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I don't normally believe in dream interpretation but I want to share my nightmare anyways, do what you will:

I had a dream that started as a school trip, and we stayed at a hotel and that night I go to my room and there was a mirror across from my bed. I go to sleep in my dream, but at some point in my sleep I become deeply disturbed. I feel amazing, warm and safe but I feel the sensation that I am hugging someone, I open my eyes and I am hugging air, but I still had the sensation of hugging someone.

I looked in the mirror, and to my fright I see I am hugging myself and I am smiling. I feel amazing and loved and warm... I look at the duplicate me and it seems he is a little more pale and smiling more aggressively and so in the mirror I stop smiling and the person I am hugging continues to smile, but now seems more demonic and (badwording) scary! I suddenly DON'T LIKE THE WARM COZY FEELING and I panic because I still feel sooo good! Part of me didn't want it to stop. I couldn't stop, that's what was so disturbing. I was being controlled. Then after freaking out for what seemed like a minute or two in my dream, I wake up to my alarm.

I am atheist and that day my ex gf came over and we made up, that may have something to do with it. But this whole fear of myself has been recurring in my dreams.

Post subject: Re: Nightmare interpretation?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:10 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I'm a bit skilled in psychological subjects but sadly nearly zero if it comes to dream interpretation.

I don't want to interpret it but I try to share a bit of the knowledge that I have with you.
First we dream very much and a lot without recognizing or remembering often there meaning (if you can really figuring it out) is not very significant and often related with the experience of your last day(s) and here comes comes the big but if a dream or situation/feelings (in your dreams) repeat there is (how more often the bigger) the chance that there could be a greater meaning behind it.

I can you tell this from myself I had the same half nightmare a few times with breaks between the repeatings. It was not really a logical dream so I couldn't think about a meaning behind it but when I started to look this dream up there was really an explanation which was pretty accurate to my situation.
It's really interesting that there are dreams which a lot of people share for example that you dream about loosing your teeth. Falling down is also very very common.

Your dream is a bit harder to describe as the one I had but maybe try to find something over google or look for website which cover those topics maybe you can find something there.
Often there are different way to interpret a dream and your life situation (work, stress, relationship, problems, fear about future just to name some important ones) play a very important role in finding out an accurate one

There is a last thing that I want to tell you dreams - especially repeating dreams - have a lot to do with your subconsciousness and your subconsciousness knows what they mean. It's not very uncommon that if you think about the meaning of a dream that the first answer that comes to your mind is the right or better said an accurate interpretation but often it's something that we want to deny it.
So that is my tip for you: calm yourself down and then try to think about your dream at the beginning try to find only spontaneous ideas maybe write them down.
Repeat that a few times maybe at different times maybe you find a little clue and then maybe after 3-4 times doing it thing deeper and BE HONEST to yourself. Also question your thought especially the one you are about to deny.

I hope I could help you a little bit with that ;)

Best Ranks
e3 classic top 100
e3 best rank 14 (Tick 3600; started at tick 500)
F1- rank 3

Post subject: Re: Nightmare interpretation?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:54 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

this dream seems really easy to interpret which is why i won't do it. it might seem cliched or some nonsense like that

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]