It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: supermechs making bd forum bad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:47 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

aister wrote:
before complaining about why SM is too active compare to BD, u should ask why BD Forum is less active than SM.

Ofc, SM having lots of bugs is also a reason. However, does it also show that SM players are more willing to post on the forum than BD players?

i'm not going to ask a question that's been asked since bd has begun, bd forums are not active that's something that's always happened.

and because of that sm becoming too active makes it seems like bd doesn't exist anymore. oh and it's only bugs and suggestions nothing more, which is to say if bd was in beta testing i'm sure we'd see lots of people posting bugs here on the forums.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:19 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Well as predicted it's gotten only worse, there's so many supermechs post nowadays that it's hard to find the Battledawn ones.

I'd still (even more, actually) like to see something done about this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:11 am 
Major
Major

Milanos wrote:
Well as predicted it's gotten only worse, there's so many supermechs post nowadays that it's hard to find the Battledawn ones.

I'd still (even more, actually) like to see something done about this.

the sm forum only has so many posts because there is so many errors and people are posting bug reports so to lower the sm posts you simply have to fix sm you see?

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:27 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Quote:
the sm forum only has so many posts because there is so many errors and people are posting bug reports so to lower the sm posts you simply have to fix sm you see?

Ah yeah, it's much simpler to fix supermechs completely, a game that is officially still in BETA mode and to then presume there will never be errors in Supermechs again or suggestions that are made to improve the game further than to actually give people the option to search BD posts only.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:04 pm 
Major
Major

Milanos wrote:
Quote:

Ah yeah, it's much simpler to fix supermechs completely, a game that is officially still in BETA mode and to then presume there will never be errors in Supermechs again or suggestions that are made to improve the game further than to actually give people the option to search BD posts only.

I didn't say there would be NO sm posts but there would be more equal with bd posts and if you want only bd posts you go to board index then, here's the important part, choose BATTLE DAWN FORUM and you should be fine from there

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:08 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

socialmisfit1 wrote:
Milanos wrote:
Quote:

I didn't say there would be NO sm posts but there would be more equal with bd posts and if you want only bd posts you go to board index then, here's the important part, choose BATTLE DAWN FORUM and you should be fine from there

Many of us don't browse the forums that way, we simply click view active topics. If it was as simple as what you just said there wouldn't be a problem indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:17 pm 
Major
Major

Milanos wrote:
Many of us don't browse the forums that way, we simply click view active topics. If it was as simple as what you just said there wouldn't be a problem indeed.

if you are so concerned with not ending up on a sm forum then perhaps you should start browsing this way

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:31 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

socialmisfit1 wrote:
Milanos wrote:

if you are so concerned with not ending up on a sm forum then perhaps you should start browsing this way

I think you misunderstand..

If you want people to enjoy your forum, to use it a lot, to post on it and be active on it, you want to make it easy for them to navigate the forum and to see posts the way they want it. The way you are putting it we might as well not have implemented a search system because you might as well scroll through the pages yourself and find it.

What I am concerned with is browsing the BATTLEDAWN forum in a quick and economical fashion. Believe it or not, not all of us have all the time in the world and don't like to have to scan through a lot of Supermechs posts that we are not interested in. It's a rule that is applicable to every website, make it simple and quick to navigate.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:04 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Milanos wrote:
socialmisfit1 wrote:
Milanos wrote:

I think you misunderstand..

If you want people to enjoy your forum, to use it a lot, to post on it and be active on it, you want to make it easy for them to navigate the forum and to see posts the way they want it. The way you are putting it we might as well not have implemented a search system because you might as well scroll through the pages yourself and find it.

What I am concerned with is browsing the BATTLEDAWN forum in a quick and economical fashion. Believe it or not, not all of us have all the time in the world and don't like to have to scan through a lot of Supermechs posts that we are not interested in. It's a rule that is applicable to every website, make it simple and quick to navigate.

same here bazinga, i think i speak for most of us when i say we browse the forum by active topics not through subsections

and the suggestion posed by starwa has been ignored as well as even though it could be a sufficient solution to this problem at least for now. and it doesn't look like the staff is taking this seriously :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:33 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

lifenstuff wrote:
same here bazinga, i think i speak for most of us when i say we browse the forum by active topics not through subsections

and the suggestion posed by starwa has been ignored as well as even though it could be a sufficient solution to this problem at least for now. and it doesn't look like the staff is taking this seriously :(

There is a feature on SM now that allows you to report bugs, that takes you to some place else other than the forum. Only things wrong with it is it's a picture of a bug, which might seem clear to most people to report a BUG there, most players seem to be neglecting it. The other problem is you don't get any immediate feedback and most players don't like being left waiting around wondering if their bug has been read :P

But it's unfair to say the staff aren't taking it seriously

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5