It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: People need to stop quiting / reloading their browsers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:06 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

how about a button to report "rage quitter"?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:44 pm 
Private
Private

Its too bad there is no way to tell if they rage quit or their connection just sucks. I think the worst problem with this game right now is the whole repair kit thing. Some of the battles ive lost were due the oponent using 2 or 3 repair kits in a battle... whats that 3000 clams? to compete with that I have to lose money every fight. The worst part is that the AI opponents do the same thing. Seems like the devs are setting us up for a pay-to-win scenario which for me is when I stop playing (see Battlestar Galactica Online) Its a pretty Sheisty way to win if you ask me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:48 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

socialmisfit1 wrote:
aister wrote:
4 hrs ban is too much I think... some ppl have crappy internet so they might get disconnect a lot.

I think it's annoying, but rage quitting is part of PvP games. All we can do is to have a personal (or public if u want) list of rage quitter, to shun at them and avoid them when u next meet them

if you get into a game with a rage quiter then quit that game out of rage of them rage quiting does that make you also a rage quiter?

My head hurts :/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:09 am 
Major
Major

aister wrote:
how about a button to report "rage quitter"?

then perhaps people will incorrectly report rage quiters if they have a grudge against someone

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:09 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Rage quitter report. I don't think that is necessary if there are a few adjustments.

Anyway quitters shoot themselves in the foot loosing still gives you 250 gold and 25exp quitting/leaving gives you nothing so it's just waisted time.

But it's much worse for the opponent:
The first time you get your exp and ress but in other battles you get nothing. And thats what it makes annoying your enemy plays until he is 1 round away from loose and then leaves (I had that yesterday 4 times :evil: ).

I can understand that you don't want to play against someone 4 levels higher especially if you have no chance.
Coming to the point:

If the same opponent leaves more then 1 time the winner should still be compensated in future leaves of this opponent.
Maybe with 500 gold + 50exp or better depending on the battle length

Best Ranks
e3 classic top 100
e3 best rank 14 (Tick 3600; started at tick 500)
F1- rank 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:24 pm 
Private
Private

Rage quitters are even there when you are the same level, just happened to me for the umpteenth time, look when you have 75 heat capacity, and I bake you to a very crispy 145, and then you realize that the massive damage you've dealt is gonna be made up for and then some with you auto-double-shutting down for like three turns in a row. don't rage quit like a (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..), grow a pair and man up to defeat with dignity. At the very least you can learn something from your defeat, like that I run out of weapon uses before you die and end up stomping, charging, and even teleporting to cause damage.

Devs: please have people shut down when they run out of energy to recharge, rather than recharge every round. I don't use energy at all, so all the energy sapping attacks against me don't stop me from roasting people until they shut down and I stomp them out of commission. treating energy identical to heat would force me to shut down as well, maybe allow energy to go negative like heat goes in excess of the max capacity. A continuous rage quit record should be treated as losses without xp and gp for the quitter and auto half xp, gp, and rank points of a win for the remaining mech.

Finally, I know I am a cheap bastard with my heat guns, its like the repetitive sweep kick tactic from mortal kombat 1, and I love it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:24 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

i like to rage quit but the guy who posted this is right those who shut off there computer or reload there browser is a complete failure in life i mean if your going to do that then why play supermechs if your going to do that whats the point your no troll this is troll face y u no play aginst me >:0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:00 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

I do believe people should be punished but i believe it should only be for constant offenders because a browser could accidentally crash causing the player to quit which isn't there fault so i believe a report button would be appropriate.

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2