It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Discussion: Is E5 really a solo world
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:13 am 
Major
Major

Rankings as of tick 110:

http://s497.beta.photobucket.com/user/D ... sort=3&o=1

http://s497.beta.photobucket.com/user/D ... sort=3&o=0

From the very top page you can already see that 8 of the top 13 are already "working together" in the "Don't even lift" alliance (or w/e) on this solo world, and there's also another one on the second page. I mean, I totally understand if you get a small group of 3 or 4 players and work together for a while, but 8 boosters dominating the world? How does that make this world a solo world, its already painfully obvious who's going to win the round and there is hardly any competition to go against that, let alone competition that actually boosts.

And if anyone says "You should set up your own competition", that kind of asks the question whether or not this is a solo world or not. I mean, in either situation, there are still factions working together, the only difference is you can't actually defend the person with you.

This is my first solo world, and I'm doing well at the moment, I just don't feel as if this is the solo world I was actually looking at, if this happens often, then apologies.

Like I said, up for discussion, ENLIGHTEN ME.

Zhester: *You're :D

Post subject: Re: Discussion: Is E5 really a solo world
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:07 am 
Major
Major

for it to be solo all it needs is for it to be 1 man only aliances

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:29 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

bazinga that would be correct, but in this case it's being ignorant of e5

it's clear it's not one man alliances
but a multitude of them still trying to make one big alliance, a few allies and stuff is normal but like numair said it's not really solo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:57 am 
Major
Major

My point exactly.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:01 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

It depends how you define solo really :P Yes you might have allies but what's the difference between that and having 10 subs in a normal sized alliance. It happens on worlds just look at the 'cO family on E4 :P

We aren't able to attack with each other so in a way it is solo, because in the end one of us will have to take a hit if we do have a battle (even if you can build armours and attack with a friend). We don't share the same resources from res ops/xtals and you can't use each others ops, so it is still very much you having to work alone as nobody else can carry you. It's just nice to have friends around who you know will work hard and when battles do come will help you out, like a sub in any era would.

But you don't have to look at this era to notice SOLO worlds aren't solo. Just look at SRB in past eras xD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:47 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

asking for E5 to be a really solo world is like asking to remove friendly alliances feature

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:31 am 
Major
Major

starwa7s wrote:
It depends how you define solo really :P Yes you might have allies but what's the difference between that and having 10 subs in a normal sized alliance. It happens on worlds just look at the 'cO family on E4 :P

We aren't able to attack with each other so in a way it is solo, because in the end one of us will have to take a hit if we do have a battle (even if you can build armours and attack with a friend). We don't share the same resources from res ops/xtals and you can't use each others ops, so it is still very much you having to work alone as nobody else can carry you. It's just nice to have friends around who you know will work hard and when battles do come will help you out, like a sub in any era would.

But you don't have to look at this era to notice SOLO worlds aren't solo. Just look at SRB in past eras xD

I can see you're one of the LIFT members :P

Nah I appreciate the input and this is my first time playing a solo world so it just wasn't what I expected. I mean sure, you guys arn't "working together" in that sense, but you are taking out everyone majorly early. That Nz alliance in Australia for example.

Don't get me wrong, I just don't like the idea that 8 boosters are kind of not attacking each other all era, each one of these 8 being in the top 13, you know. Its very rare that you would actually take a hit so hard then you'd drop out of the top 26. :P

But still, thanks for the input

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:50 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I played E5 last era until around tick 800, I believe I was actually rank 2 or 3 for a while. Either way I was high ranked. I didn't boost, and I didn't even have a tag. No family, no allies.

Sadly I had to quit around tick 800 but those 800 ticks were long enough to experience really how hardly possible it is to fight without an alliance on this "solo" world. When I was going to war with one of the SRB members, I was completely jammed for dozens of ticks (all my radars, literally). Later he relocated to the SRB hive, out of North America, so I started hunting more SRB in North America. Because I wanted to invade Europe to get to their hive I started doing some sat scans to see where I could land, and I saw their rank 1 player just taking the OPs from the other SRB members. Then there were some who got up OPs on the edge of Europe and turned them into nukes just to keep nuking my OPs on the border of Greenland.. On top of that, they had about 15 members who were active enough to bother me with spies and keep me jammed while I was solo.

Now, I'm by no means a bad player.. I barely missed ticks that world, it was a 2 ticker and I got up 2+ times every night since the first ticks. I didn't lose range, I hunted down players who were bothering me and had an excellent gate/radar network since I just took any OPs around me.

Yet my major problem was that even with experience, it's not possible for my 25-30 squad army to fight 5 armies of 20 squads each that are just there from building up all era. One was even called Kamikaze and was built almost purely anti me. Then there was Legendary Scorpion who was I believe literally built pure anti me (Vehicle anti Tank). Imagine trying to deal with that while jammed the entire time and with spies everywhere.

It's just impossible, sadly. I might have held out for a long time when playing solo this way, I actually managed to push SRB out of NA completely and was doing very well. But in the long run, their resource production/number of spies/number of jams just makes it impossible to fight against these kinds of families. Looking back I'm glad I quit, I'd have driven myself crazy.

Either way I don't believe it's truely solo anymore. If you have subs building OPs for you and just building kamikaze squads for you, they can't be seen as playing for themselves and are not really solo. They just play to assist their top player and perhaps get a good ranking in the process. They have the same enemies, the same allies, and when at war they can send hundreds of squads at you combined.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:59 pm 
Major
Major

Milanos wrote:
I played E5 last era until around tick 800, I believe I was actually rank 2 or 3 for a while. Either way I was high ranked. I didn't boost, and I didn't even have a tag. No family, no allies.

Sadly I had to quit around tick 800 but those 800 ticks were long enough to experience really how hardly possible it is to fight without an alliance on this "solo" world. When I was going to war with one of the SRB members, I was completely jammed for dozens of ticks (all my radars, literally). Later he relocated to the SRB hive, out of North America, so I started hunting more SRB in North America. Because I wanted to invade Europe to get to their hive I started doing some sat scans to see where I could land, and I saw their rank 1 player just taking the OPs from the other SRB members. Then there were some who got up OPs on the edge of Europe and turned them into nukes just to keep nuking my OPs on the border of Greenland.. On top of that, they had about 15 members who were active enough to bother me with spies and keep me jammed while I was solo.

Now, I'm by no means a bad player.. I barely missed ticks that world, it was a 2 ticker and I got up 2+ times every night since the first ticks. I didn't lose range, I hunted down players who were bothering me and had an excellent gate/radar network since I just took any OPs around me.

Yet my major problem was that even with experience, it's not possible for my 25-30 squad army to fight 5 armies of 20 squads each that are just there from building up all era. One was even called Kamikaze and was built almost purely anti me. Then there was Legendary Scorpion who was I believe literally built pure anti me (Vehicle anti Tank). Imagine trying to deal with that while jammed the entire time and with spies everywhere.

It's just impossible, sadly. I might have held out for a long time when playing solo this way, I actually managed to push SRB out of NA completely and was doing very well. But in the long run, their resource production/number of spies/number of jams just makes it impossible to fight against these kinds of families. Looking back I'm glad I quit, I'd have driven myself crazy.

Either way I don't believe it's truely solo anymore. If you have subs building OPs for you and just building kamikaze squads for you, they can't be seen as playing for themselves and are not really solo. They just play to assist their top player and perhaps get a good ranking in the process. They have the same enemies, the same allies, and when at war they can send hundreds of squads at you combined.

I mean, 4 or 5 allies is necessary for some help in the round, that I can agree with, but have you had a look at the rankings? If the 8 people in the top 13 are working together and boosting. There is absolutely no competition, every single person who even seems like he would be competition gets wiped out by one of their members. I don't know, just find it all not solo'ish at all. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:11 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Numair Mujeeb wrote:
I mean, 4 or 5 allies is necessary for some help in the round, that I can agree with, but have you had a look at the rankings? If the 8 people in the top 13 are working together and boosting. There is absolutely no competition, every single person who even seems like he would be competition gets wiped out by one of their members. I don't know, just find it all not solo'ish at all. :P

It is still early ticks though :P ranking and score right now doesn't count for much at all because anyone can boost xD but not everyone has skill in the game

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next