It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: supermechs making bd forum bad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:21 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1656
Location: in my happy place
Gender: male
no need for it

_________________
Image
thx Andy for the sig

MOST CRYSTALS: 142
BEST POWER: 261

BD:
Image

BG:

Image

free tokens!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: supermechs making bd forum bad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:02 pm
Posts: 1621
Gender: female
Tacticsoft developed Battlemechs, Defender of the galaxy, Supermechs and of course Battledawn.
Right now, we don't have any mods for supermechs and also I cannot help much when its about bugs etc.
But there must be a place where they can write it down so we can start to fix the bugs.
Many BD players are also SM players and why should they bother with 2 accounts and forums?
Please keep in mind that both games are very connected as you can use for example your tokens in both games.
I can see that its sometimes confusing but it has been always that way, even with localized servers in the past.

Spoiler:
For example:

Image


We will surely continue to develop new games so I hope (yes, I really do) that this forum will be the TACTICSOFT GAMES FORUM in the long run.
A place to stay, to meet friends and talk while enjoying one or the other of our games !

_________________
Community Manager BattleDawn/ SuperMechs
BattleDawn on Facebook


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: supermechs making bd forum bad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:50 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1926
socialmisfit1 wrote:
no need for it


No need for it how? You don't agree that the posts are being mixed up and with an increasing percentage coming from Supermechs you are sometimes clicking on a supermechs topic where you don't want to go at all?

I hate to say it but you keep posting useless stuff like this on every post, since I'm not a moderator I can't say anything about it officially but it's quite annoying me. Just want to have said that.

Quote:
Tacticsoft developed Battlemechs, Defender of the galaxy, Supermechs and of course Battledawn.
Right now, we don't have any mods for supermechs and also I cannot help much when its about bugs etc.
But there must be a place where they can write it down so we can start to fix the bugs.
Many BD players are also SM players and why should they bother with 2 accounts and forums?
Please keep in mind that both games are very connected as you can use for example your tokens in both games.
I can see that its sometimes confusing but it has been always that way, even with localized servers in the past.


Very nice marketing talk Ilona :lol: The thing is, no one cares about defender of the galaxy and battlemechs being on the same forum because no one ever posts there so it doesn't bother anyone. And I completely agree that they should have a place to write down their bugs, and discuss the game and the likes. I just think my solution of adding a view active battledawn topics and view active supermechs topic is a much simpler one. I don't open any supermechs threads and when I do, I close them immediately and am annoyed that I accidentally opened one. I don't talk to anyone that plays Supermechs unless they post in the BD forums..

I completely understand your stance of trying to get people to meet each other and it's a great marketing talk, I'll give you that, but the reality is that we just care for Battledawn as we are Battledawn players and unless we actually start playing Supermechs we don't want to be on the Supermech forum.. It's just annoying to keep opening threads from a game you have no interest in and that you don't want to be opening.

Quote:
We will surely continue to develop new games so I hope (yes, I really do) that this forum will be the TACTICSOFT GAMES FORUM in the long run.
A place to stay, to meet friends and talk while enjoying one or the other of our games !


Would be much better to just have a central forum to allow people to meet and chit-chat with the Battledawn forum (and Supermechs forum) being seperate entities in there so that you can check out the threads you actually WANT to read and WANT to participate in.

_________________
Image

Made by KazeToushin, thank you!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: supermechs making bd forum bad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:06 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:43 am
Posts: 1191
Location: Philippines
Gender: male
Milanos wrote:
That's not true Aister, Dan posted the link to show only the Battledawn topics, I have it bookmarked on my PC at home. It seems quite simple to just put "View active Battledawn topics" next to "View active topics" with "View active Battledawn topics" hyperlinked to Dan's link.

Of course the same would go for Supermechs.

It certainly all boils down to the apparent laziness by people to change the forums and mod it.... Well...... that was applicable 2 years ago, not now. :3

_________________
<New Sig In the Works ;) >
I dare you. Stay alive in this Bloody RP ~ Turn51. Do it... now!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: supermechs making bd forum bad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:40 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 1615
Location: In Seth's back yard under a rock
Gender: male
ronelm2012 wrote:
Milanos wrote:
That's not true Aister, Dan posted the link to show only the Battledawn topics, I have it bookmarked on my PC at home. It seems quite simple to just put "View active Battledawn topics" next to "View active topics" with "View active Battledawn topics" hyperlinked to Dan's link.

Of course the same would go for Supermechs.

It certainly all boils down to the apparent laziness by people to change the forums and mod it.... Well...... that was applicable 2 years ago, not now. :3


im not lazy, i just love to sleep 42 hours out of a 24 hour day.

_________________
Retired Sr.mod


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: supermechs making bd forum bad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:01 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:43 am
Posts: 1191
Location: Philippines
Gender: male
Ryan wrote:
ronelm2012 wrote:
Milanos wrote:
That's not true Aister, Dan posted the link to show only the Battledawn topics, I have it bookmarked on my PC at home. It seems quite simple to just put "View active Battledawn topics" next to "View active topics" with "View active Battledawn topics" hyperlinked to Dan's link.

Of course the same would go for Supermechs.

It certainly all boils down to the apparent laziness by people to change the forums and mod it.... Well...... that was applicable 2 years ago, not now. :3


im not lazy, i just love to sleep 42 hours out of a 24 hour day.

You're soooo making yourself look better as a mod. :lol:

_________________
<New Sig In the Works ;) >
I dare you. Stay alive in this Bloody RP ~ Turn51. Do it... now!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: supermechs making bd forum bad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:25 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 1615
Location: In Seth's back yard under a rock
Gender: male
im the best no life mod this game ever has had and ever will.

_________________
Retired Sr.mod


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: supermechs making bd forum bad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:27 pm 
BD Maintenance Team
BD Maintenance Team
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:55 pm
Posts: 1546
Gender: male
as milanos suggested why can't we make a simple separation, not the whole forum just something like he suggest.

_________________
Image
Apollo wrote:
Eh, I try to win every once and awhile. Gotta keep up appearances.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: supermechs making bd forum bad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:30 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:29 pm
Posts: 1615
Location: In Seth's back yard under a rock
Gender: male
i like it, it brigs people around our parts, but in time i do think they need their own place to post.

_________________
Retired Sr.mod


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: supermechs making bd forum bad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:08 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8023
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
Milanos wrote:
That's not true Aister, Dan posted the link to show only the Battledawn topics, I have it bookmarked on my PC at home. It seems quite simple to just put "View active Battledawn topics" next to "View active topics" with "View active Battledawn topics" hyperlinked to Dan's link.

Of course the same would go for Supermechs.

that's him utilize the search function, however there is no way we can put it on the forum...

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl