It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: texas judge spanks daughter
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:37 am 
Major
Major

some people might have seen it before but it's pretty horrific. I didn't manage to watch the whole thing but here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVil0y3kUu4

you need to prove your age before you can watch it but do you think this is child abuse or is it acceptable as punishment?

discuss.

free tokens!

-Baz

Post subject: Re: texas judge spanks daughter
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:58 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

What the (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..).

How the (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) is it possible that this is taped and that judge is not in prison yet?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:29 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

That video was taped in 2004. When she was 16. She released it in 2011. And its Texas. Enough said lol.

Man, that was definitely child abuse. That (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) needs to be thrown in jail. He doesnt deserve children. She played video games and lied to her parents, big deal. All kids do that. Ive done it. I turned out alright! I even confessed to my parents later, and they just chuckled.

This was ridiculous.

But that said, I've seen worse in India when I was growing up. One of my friends once got his hands and legs burned with an iron rod by his father, cuz he failed in his tests. I went home and saw it and was shocked. And at that time we had no recourse whatsoever. Atleast today parents can get arrested for this (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:32 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Outrageous doesn't quite cover this. I don't need to be in India to have seen this, to have lived it. Surely, my mom's been rough on me sometimes. I'm still somewhat scared anytime I do something she doesn't like and she raises her hand, even if it is to turn off the lights. But she never beat the (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) out of me. It's not that I fear she'll beat me so bad I'll see black and blue the next day. She teached me respect, and to follow rules, to be human. That bad things have pain as a consecuence. This is what we must teach through pain. Hitting our children isn't so we get relieved. We don't simply "loose our temper" with our children. That's not an excuse for being a piece of (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) who can't even be human enough to treat his descendance with all of what he has gained throughout his life. If you can't be the best human being you ever could be for your descendance, then you really don't deserve a good, fair life.

Sure enough, I don't have kids. I barely have a couple of cousins young enough to be any relevant if anyone asks me if I've ever been around children. But I've been a child. I remember really clearly how I was as a child. I remember a lot of things about how I was treated by everyone. Surely everyone does as well, so if your argument is that I know nothing about the theme, just shut up: anyone and everyone has a claim in this, because we ALL went through it. ONE ABSOLUTE THING WE'VE ALL BEEN THROUGH IS CHILDHOOD, BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!! The "But, it's just so hard to have children" act is just pathetic. Sure it's hard. Everyone knows it, because everyone had to live it, from the side of the parents or the side of the kid. But guess what: it's not impossible, and it's NEEDED. You always have what it takes to handle it, even if it is your own way, without having to do abuse like this. Or abuse at all. Abuse is trespassing the limits of what any human should do. That's why it's so unfair: your descendance has no fault for the crap the old gen gives it. They still have to take it though, and make the world a better place with it.

I really must congratulate the woman who posted this. She stood up against it, and did the absolute right thing: use it to do her best in order to destroy the possibility of this attrocity. Such acts will keep happening, but if humanity somehow gets its head out of its ass, after we collectively keep making more and more people aware and able to prevent this from happening, such acts CAN actually be halted completely. That it has happened, that it happens, and will keep happening, has no importance. It's absolutely wrong. Almost everybody know it. So let's MAKE it absolutely wrong. Let's make it impossible. Or at least damn near it. We can keep raging about it on the forums. We can keep turning these cases to the police. We can do many many other things. And we MUST make them. Sure enough, we all have the power to prevent this from happening to ourselves. We are NEVER in a position where we absolutely have to use abuse. Your first way of countering it is not doing it. But you can also stand against it. Help the fools stand their own ground against it, even if they shouldn't need it. So someday, no one will need it. I know I will stand against it, once I have children, if I ever do. Which I really hope I do. And I know I'll never do such attrocity, and that I'll do my best and even better. Question is, how many of you will. I hope many can answer yes, and that you all are able to do it in the end. For your sake, and for the sake of our future. WORD!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]