It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please read the stickied topic marked "Please read before posting"~

Please only post here if you need technical help with BattleDawn, or if you have information that can help someone.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Different players, same house!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:13 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

this actually happened to me once with my brother and i was bannded from a world for doing that

Ill tear you to shreds

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:18 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Seth wrote:
It was not a challenge. It was speculative answering to speculative questioning.

Challenge accepted! :lol: On a more serious note, I'll be sure to uh... send the admin a family photo if I ever want to play on a world with my dad... :|

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:34 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

Seth, u seriously think that they wont be tempted to take a peak on their friend playing on a different team to see agents / units locations and so on?

I had players son and father in my team once....i know the son was moving while he was supposed to be at school. Are u admins hiding behind your own finger?

Same ip at least should not be allowed in same world same era. And still they have the benefit one moves the other when one is away. Shouldn't that be enough?

U dont allow account sharing but yet u allow. My brother will start playing as from tomorrow...we live same house.

Will msg you in game for the exemption.

Thank you for allowing it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:48 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ourania wrote:
Seth, u seriously think that they wont be tempted to take a peak on their friend playing on a different team to see agents / units locations and so on?

I had players son and father in my team once....i know the son was moving while he was supposed to be at school. Are u admins hiding behind your own finger?

Same ip at least should not be allowed in same world same era. And still they have the benefit one moves the other when one is away. Shouldn't that be enough?

U dont allow account sharing but yet u allow. My brother will start playing as from tomorrow...we live same house.

Will msg you in game for the exemption.

Thank you for allowing it.

:lol: lots of holes in this, i thought of abusing it once but never got to it. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:27 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Same IP must be allowed in special cases.
For example in university. If one player plays BD, no one else would be allowed? No, sorry thats not possible.

As we mentioned before, we have several tools to check if its the same IP or the same Player.
Usually, I don't allow more than 2 player in an alliance on the same IP. So the 'adams family' won't happen.

We 'mark' those accounts and watch them more closely than we do with accounts without this marker.

Its in no way a free ticket to cheat. To get this marker (without you get banned immediately) we will ask you for proofs. This can be a photo and/or having a group chat on Skype. If we have any doubts the marker will be removed or not added at all. Same goes with creating new accounts. You will surely risk a ban when you use a new account and the situation (using the same wifi) is still the same. As far as I know, this was what happened on E2.
Supporter of BD have a small advantage in this as the proof that they are different persons is easier to see.

All in all, believe me, the effort of getting the marker attached on your account is only worth when you ARE different persons. Claiming that you have brothers playing, and in fact there is no one, will keep you busy for quite a while and won't be worth the benefit you'd gain.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:52 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

My dear Ilona. My brother is real and lives with me. He would happily talk to u on skype and say what i want him to say.

He can make a colony in my enemy team and occasionally i take peaks...

He can make a colony in my team and we move together

He can make a colony in sub and suicide for me......

Maybe u take close looks...i dont know what tools u use to check, but its seems to the rest of us its easy to fool the system.

U want to allow them play...fine and understandable....but why cant u see they cant be in same world same era? U are helping the 2 but being unfair to much more than 2.

I wont insist on this... no big deal... just saying loud my thoughts on the issue.

Last edited by Ourania on Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:59 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

This topic made me remember this.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=14939

Currently playing E6- HaHa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:22 am 
Corporal
Corporal

I wanted to be an admin but this exact reason ruined it for me cause i have a ban letter in my inbox -__- :evil:

Ill tear you to shreds

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:09 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

So......

How do you Prove being eligible to play with more than 2 accounts on same LAN?

A - send pictures of both (or more) players in the house , sitting next to (and thats important!) your computers (yes it has to be more than one computer!)

B - log together on the same time on the different computers! in front of an admin yes..

C - you are done! now you can move for each other, play for each other, peak for each other. it doesnt even need to be for each other if you are only one of the players who really wants to play. all this - until the next time you are being suspected then repeat steps A and B infront of the admin (someone said impotency? :D )

D - have a cookie, and dont forget a good laugh

LOL

SoLD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:39 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

okay u made them all shut up after this super detailed description! :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2