It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next

Your feedback about the Battle score
Poll ended at Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:26 am
1. I love the new Battle Score - It's great! 48%  48%  [ 235 ]
2. Please remove the Battle Score - it was better without 25%  25%  [ 124 ]
3. I like the idea - however it needs some tweaks (please explain) 27%  27%  [ 133 ]
Total votes : 492
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Battle Score - your feedback
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:49 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:32 am
Posts: 624
Location: Eire for life haha
Gender: male
This poll is fundementally flawed as people who never post on the forums are voting, if they have 1 post on the forums in general its highly possible they are players other accounts, if any sort of poll system is to work there should be a minimum post amount of say 50 posts ;}~

_________________
Image

Thanks for the Sig Dawnice ;}~
Skype: cianoige

Wins on this account:F4 Era 16 (Led JFF and finished Rank 1)
Image

Allies ATM:none ;{~


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Score - your feedback
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:51 pm 
SM Moderator
SM Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 1545
Location: England
Gender: male
darathmurrough wrote:
This poll is fundementally flawed as people who never post on the forums are voting, if they have 1 post on the forums in general its highly possible they are players other accounts, if any sort of poll system is to work there should be a minimum post amount of say 50 posts ;}~


Agreed. Most players who are just hitting yes haven't given a reason as to why they've hit yes, yet those who want it tweaked have given their reasons for it and you can see they are active in the forums already.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Score - your feedback
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:53 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8023
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
I'll have no comment on the "whether we should remove it or not". It's a good concept to encourage wars between alliances and force the big guy to be more active. It still needs a little bit (or a lot :?) of tweaking in order for it to work the way we want it to.

However, the system we had before it is not very bad either.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Score - your feedback
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:55 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:14 pm
Posts: 16
The only thing I like about this new scoring system is that it ranks active guys higher than guys who just sit and build...

I propose that if this score system is going to continue, it can be based on total xp of your army...

That way, the score now wont be permanent and hence you cant just suicide and gain lots of score to put you in top 10...
that when you army dies, so does your score...

I think this is a pretty good idea because of two reasons :

1) this way noone is discouraged not to powerup and well your score is not permanent...
2) A better way now to chk your total xp, lol

Well normally a good player gains like 20k xp by the end of era so that gives him 2000 score, now its for you guys to decide if you like this idea, if you want to put a divider on like
20xp gives 1 score, or keep to
10xp gives 1 score....

_________________
StaticGX wrote:
Noone replies to me ins the spams. What should I do?

Aister wrote:
Keep Spamming till the reply...
Tenkai wrote:
Are you kidding, no one replies to you here., they will just troll you


Any more tips?


Last edited by StaticGX on Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Score - your feedback
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:55 pm 
BD Maintenance Team
BD Maintenance Team
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:55 pm
Posts: 1546
Gender: male
darathmurrough wrote:
This poll is fundementally flawed as people who never post on the forums are voting, if they have 1 post on the forums in general its highly possible they are players other accounts, if any sort of poll system is to work there should be a minimum post amount of say 50 posts ;}~



this is geared towards everyone though, and the vast majority of BD do no have a single post in the forum.

_________________
Image
Apollo wrote:
Eh, I try to win every once and awhile. Gotta keep up appearances.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Score - your feedback
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:59 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:07 am
Posts: 1
nicholas654 wrote:
the new system is awesome

it is more fair for the ones that has little units

[color=#0000FF][/color]


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Score - your feedback
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:00 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:54 pm
Posts: 4
I am still pretty new around here and I can see the likes and dislikes for this. My idea is simple. For every unit you kill, you get some score. For every unit that you lose you get some score. That score can be a base unit of lets say 1.

The player with the lowest power would be divided by the player with the highest power. So a player with a power of 40 being attacked by a player with a power of 130, then the player with the power of 130 would get roughly .31 points per unit killed and the player with the power of 40 would get 1 point for each unit killed. The lowest powered player would always get 1 point for each unit killed.

As far as losses go, every unit lost gives you .5 points.

All these points would be applied to inf. Of course, cav and heavy would be cav=inf X 2 and heavy=inf X 3. So one cav unit killed would be worth .62 and heavy would be .93 in the second example. cav losses would be 1 and heavy losses would be 1.5.

I am just tired of losing units and getting no score whatsoever from the losses and this system will let you get some points for killing nuisance players and at the same time make it much more beneficial for you to attack players that are close to you in power.

Anyway, just some thoughts and I want to say thanks for making such a fun game.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Score - your feedback
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:11 pm 
SM Moderator
SM Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 1545
Location: England
Gender: male
Spoiler:
http://prntscr.com/m6c47


For all those saying this system supports players to be active rather than sitting around the whole era. I've put a lot of effort in to this era, I'm as active as I can possibly be (apart from sleep I'm on BD). Because of this scoring system and the power difference between me and other players in this world I have to put in even more effort just to keep my rank at no.1 and even then rank 2 is only 100 score behind me. It encourages me to score up more to keep my rank 1 position which actually puts me at a disadvantage because it means my power is increasing ever more above other players, putting me at an even more disadvantage of gaining score in battles. I'm in a race with players getting cheap easy score while I'm putting in just as much, if not a lot more effort than them and I'm being penalized for it.

Another thing you have to think about is in wars the alliances powers count, not the players. If one player has double the power of the whole opposing alliance yet both alliances have similar power, he will be greatly penalized on battle score, because the scoring system would call this an unfair fight because of his power. However it's not about the 1 players power, in war it's the alliances power that counts, so this guy (or girl o.O) shouldn't be getting penalized

_________________
ImageImageImage


Last edited by Andy on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Score - your feedback
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:15 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:03 am
Posts: 32
Gender: male
darathmurrough wrote:
This poll is fundementally flawed as people who never post on the forums are voting, if they have 1 post on the forums in general its highly possible they are players other accounts, if any sort of poll system is to work there should be a minimum post amount of say 50 posts ;}~



I disagree with that. I have been playing Battle dawn for several years and many people here know me. But I do not post in the forums much. So how would it be fair that a player like myself who has player many years but does not post much lose our right to vote in a poll???? To even suggest such a thing is just wrong. Everyone deserves the right to have a vote and a say.

_________________
ElitE*GoD$


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Score - your feedback
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:22 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 2:46 pm
Posts: 1
I really like the new system. It incourages more battles. In the past you might not have got into a battle based on the fact that it wasn't worth it to loose any units. Especially if the target didn't have any crystals. Now I am awarded with points for getting into battles which makes it more fun for a WAR game :D


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 27  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl