It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:22 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:48 pm
Posts: 2708
Gender: male
The govt should not be able to interfere with something like marriage. That is all.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:27 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:58 am
Posts: 311
Location: Mmhm...
Jake wrote:
The govt should not be able to interfere with something like marriage. That is all.
Please refrain from low content posting. Thanks!

Seth wrote:
Take it easy guys. If you cannot debate without resorting to petty namecalling, then you should probably just not debate.

Let's please mind our manners from now on, and act a little mature, mkay? :geek:

Thanks!

YOU'RE GAY

-Posts merged-

_________________
Image

Liam wrote:
Rise my minions, VOTE FERR3T #1 FOR HEAD MOD!!

Simmen wrote:
How are you not a admin Hal?..


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:43 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8023
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
wonder how he can have children though :|

lilconqueror wrote:
i'll answer you're reply to what you said about my post. to back a little bit farther you're saying that 2 guys/girls cuddling together is an indecencey and people dont want to see that? lol ok lets also take out all the ugly people because no1 would want to see that either right? As far as religion i'm not even going to get started because my great despise for it can get incredibly harsh and i'd make a lot of people mad and probly end up getting banned for my brutality for it. But the fact is america is based on equal rights for all people and that's what we need to abide by and having 2 gay people out on the streets making out is no more disturbing than 2 extremely ugly people making out, but 1 of them is more frowned upon than the other in which case it's nearly the same thing as far as where your argument is going with this

I'm disgusted at two ppl cuddling at each other cuz I don't have a gf, no one can marry to each other cuz I'm an FA... yep that sounds good.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:09 am 
Major
Major
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:21 am
Posts: 2760
Location: Bangalore, India
Gender: male
Okay, I know its a bit of an old thread, but seeing Hal's dumbass posts, I had to respond. :roll: Hal, I dont know if you are one homophobic son of a gun or if you were playing the "against" role here. But anyway, here goes a few responses:

Quote:
However, the legalization of same-sex marriage means that they have the same rights as us and can cuddle in public and can flirt in public and sneak a quick kiss in public. I cannot stand for that.


Why? Homophobia is no reason to deny people their rights. Thats your problem. In a democracy which guarantees political, legal and social egalitarian policies for people, denying people their marriage rights, which has nothing to do with religion, but has everything to do with law is undemocratic to start with.

Quote:
Wanting to marry a person of the same gender is. I'll admit freely--while I can see where religion comes from, where racial attitudes comes from, I do not understand homosexuality. At all. And the fact that it causes many people in society qualms because the sight of a man cuddling with another man is quite frankly disgusting means that it is thus indecent.


You dont need to understand where homosexuality comes from. Explain where your attraction to women comes from then we can talk about how gay people MIGHT think. The sight of 2 men cuddling is not disgusting, its just that you are a bigot.

Quote:
Granting homosexuals the right to marry grants them the right to do what normal couples do in public. And quite frankly, I and the legion of people like me think that to be disgusting, and thus publically indecent. Homosexuals can go ahead and be homosexuals. You can be whatever kind of messed up person you are. Just as long as I have no part in it.


Why should someone else suffer because of your bias or your complexes? They shouldnt have to. Its not their problem, the problem is solely yours. For instance, when I first landed in San Francisco and got out of the airport, one of hte first things I saw was 2 men kissing passionately. I did take a second look at it, cuz I have never actually met gay folks in India (cuz India has a stick up its azz, quite ironically :D ) , but I wasnt disgusted. I was infact excited to be in a very liberal city like San Francisco. People are very open minded there.

Quote:
It's not what giving homosexuals the right to marry that's the problem. It's what giving homosexuals the right to marry represents. It represents that our society has become one that supports and tolerates something that is against biology, against the fundamental parts of being a human, tolerates something that natural selection has weeded out a long time ago and for good reason, tolerates something that is, on all levels, wrong.


Who are you to decide what is against biology and what isnt? BTW Who said that natural selection has weeded out homosexuality and who are you to decide what is wrong and what is right? What is wrong, right, moral or immoral are all subjective opinions. There is no objective morality. So how come you get to decide what is right, what is against nature etC? Cuz if you actually look at nature, animals like Giraffes, Cats, Bonobo chimps and many more actually engage in homosexual activities. So when you say that homosexuality is against nature, it is you that is against nature. ITs not homosexuality. Like I said this is your problem. Nothing else. And you cannot make others suffer because you have a problem.

Quote:
But I will not tolerate something that runs contrary to the basic functions to the human race. If we endorse homosexuality, we open the freedom to bestiality, to polygamy, to incest. THAT is UNTHINKABLE. The legalization of same-sex marriage will be used as precedence to legalize marriage in that respect, and so, it follows logically, if you advocate for same-sex marriage, you advocate for polygamy, for beastiality, for incest legalization. Do you really?


How is homosexuality related to bestiality, polygamy and incest? Pray tell me. Dude you are talkin outta your ass. Polygamy as a practice is legal and even cherished in many cultures. So just because you are against polygamy, polygamy is now wrong? What about muslims? In India muslims can marry upto 5 women. Those women dont have a problem, but a random chinese dude does :D

When it comes to incest, yes incest should also be legal. Is incest disgusting? According ot me it is. But I am not gonna be sending people to jail cuz they had consensual sex with their sister. Its his/her problem, life. I am not gonna mess with it.

Quote:
Humanity has survived quite adequately for millennia without homosexuality, so your "stagnant society" argument holds no water.


Humanity has survived quite adequately for millennia WITH homosexuality. Not without. FFS. Alexander the Great was atleast bisexual. Infact Mesolithic rock art in Sicily depicts phallic male figures in pairs that have been interpreted variously, including as hunters, acrobats, religious initiates and depictions of homosexual intercourse. The Khajarao temples in India, depict explicit lesbian and homosexual sex acts, including threesoms etc. And these are ancient sculptures. Hinduism which is one of hte oldest religions in the world considers homosexuality to be "natural and beautiful. So I dont know what the *CENSORED* you talkin about.

Quote:
I allow them into my society, into a society that does not wish for them to be there


Am sorry my friend, its only you that does wishes for them to not be there. Plenty of othersm infact almost 50% of America is for gay marriage rights. Thats half the nation. You dont have an advantage there.

Like I said before, you are trying to shove your beliefs down people's throat just cuz you dont agree with certain things. Your argument fails right there, cuz you are arguing your feelings, not reasoning the issue for what it is.

_________________
Deadman - SYN
----------------
Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl