It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game Update: Weekend of 10/26-10/28 2012!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:48 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Milanos wrote:
Quote:
Battle Dawn is very much a community orientated game as we can see from the many responses to this thread which is great 8-) ............ but this in itself makes it very difficult for new players since the community is small and close knit and they don't know many players it becomes very hard for them to find an alliance and learn the game................. While their are many guides and even a mentoring program for those who are willing to seek help their is little strategic support for those who just wanna start playing in regards to this the in game mission colonies and tutorial do a great job of explaining how to use the many features of BD they lack context and foster a false sense of understanding leading to hopelessness............. New players become frustrated thinking they know how to do everything as they've been through the tutorials but styll can't accomplish much.............. I remember many moons ago when I first started playing their existed a Noob alliance led by admin perhaps something similar led by volunteer mentors would allow new players to integrate more fully into the BD community as well as provide them context in which to practice using the many tools available in game which they've already learnt through tutorials and in game mission colonies as no guide or tutorial can replace actual experience

That would indeed be a very good solution, I think you are referring to the NEWB alliances for example. The problem is finding players that are willing to lead such an alliance and teach the newbies in that alliance. I have tried it on Kongregate, however the main problem there was newbies joining the alliance and then simply not coming back again or only logging in once after which they were disappointed that the game was too hard.

But if there are players willing to lead such alliances that would indeed be good, I think.

I've tried to lead such alliance and it was quite good...

but tbh it was good becuz the members I recruited are pretty good in communication, so it was easy for me to lead and teach them. I don't really think anyone can teach someone who can't understand English...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:22 am 
Private
Private
 ICQ  YIM  Profile

nice. :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:44 am 
Private
Private

Milanos wrote:
That would indeed be a very good solution, I think you are referring to the NEWB alliances for example. The problem is finding players that are willing to lead such an alliance and teach the newbies in that alliance. I have tried it on Kongregate, however the main problem there was newbies joining the alliance and then simply not coming back again or only logging in once after which they were disappointed that the game was too hard.

But if there are players willing to lead such alliances that would indeed be good, I think.

thats easier said than done...
ive led clans(3) where all my members were completely new players and managed to get us into top 10 clans(once top 5) only to have the 11th(or whoevere is a semi-reknown just under us) clan send threatening messages and convince them to leave only to get conqured so while more ppl willing to teach new players would be good
it'll only help if there are no a******s who get angry all becuase some new is doing better because they have a good teacher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:37 am 
Corporal
Corporal

No problems for cheaters who multi on other comps, they will send their'noob' multi's to suicide into them and keep gaining xp and SCORE FOR KILLZ !!!

EPIC FAIL I SAY, try it to know it pls though :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:35 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

zeeownage wrote:
No problems for cheaters who multi on other comps, they will send their'noob' multi's to suicide into them and keep gaining xp and SCORE FOR KILLZ !!!

EPIC FAIL I SAY, try it to know it pls though :)

err u're the one who need to know...

u can't gain score from killing those who are less than half of your power. Hence those multies won't be getting anything from this except for xp which they are doing already.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:44 pm 
Private
Private

update is good but not all

i dont like think about blue tokens.....u give red booster more advantage its not fair at all....

but totally this update is good

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:46 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

yeah guys although thats where u make your money a lot of people arnt allowed to boost like me so blues i think should be easier to get to make it fair

need a era

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:46 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

but people don't actually vote when they boost for blues...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:48 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

lifenstuff wrote:
but people don't actually vote when they boost for blues...

this. How is it fair to give "voting reward tokens" to those who don't actually vote?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:15 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I can understand BD's will to have more wars and less peaceful rounds, but i think that there is ways to achieve that without changing the scoring system again.
Take a look at current E1. there are wars going on there since tick 1, there were few top-alliances and you couldn't tell for sure who was gonna win already at tick 1.
i think that the way Simmen is running e1 is what made this world so interesting.

As for the new scoring itslef, it is hard to tell how it will affect the game. also, what happens if i attack someone with my ally, i don't have more than double the power of the defender, but my ally do have more than double?

As for all the other changes, they dont look that significant to me. the 200 blue bonus don't make the smaller packages better, 3k reds for $45 is still the best one. so you get 200 blues as bonus, it's nice but no more.
making votes worth less is a mistake, if you learn from what Simmen does in e1, then your conclusion should be giving MORE tokens for voting, but again... it's not that much anyway.

personnaly i'd give up this update, because i don't like updates very much, but i don't think that it is very crucial either way.

psg188 wrote:
There are a few lessons to learn here:
#5 Don't fight Avi

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next