It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Game Update: Weekend of 10/26-10/28 2012!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:12 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

aister wrote:
slayerofall wrote:
Seth wrote:
Is that really such a bad thing?! I mean look at how the end of the eras pan out in the last year. You have the #1 alliance tens of thousands of points ahead in score from #2. This is not competition. This is consolidation of power with no competition at all in the end game! There has been a balance needed here for a long time.

All those updates seem to be fine and look good to try out.. but i dont agree with what Seth said here.. There is a 10K diff or more between the rank #1 alliance and the 2nd because, most of the times #1 alliance finishes with 10 relics... that's 10K score and it will remain the same way...!

agree on that, but there are lots of eras where the top alliance has a lot of power and score even without the relic.

i agree with all that but also rank #2 gets relics and rank #1 gets relics but still big difference between each other even with equal no. of relics for both

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:27 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

vishesh1999 wrote:
Anyways some of the updates are nice
The game is more balanced and confused now

Just 1. Question. Where is this daily bonus button?

In the boost menu

but WHERE in the boost menu??

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:32 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

khalily wrote:
vishesh1999 wrote:

In the boost menu

It hasn't been put in yet. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:33 am 
Private
Private

I think the new scoring system about weak players is good, if you conquer a player its not enough points to hurt or help. Some players think its OK to attack over and over again just for XP it is not. Some players think, if a player takes my op I have to nuke him 20 times and many other situations like that are not good. Just let everybody enjoy the game, don’t bully and the new scoring rules, about weak players, wont affect you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:54 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Guess its time for everyone to jump on the dmg bandwagon and suicide/xp farm while you gain permanent score! Remember if you keep killing off your armor you will still keep low power and be able to farm off everyone! Ya gogogo! XP farmers to victory!

This idea seems to be just plain stupid to me. We are going to have mass boosting suiciders now who can get ranked 1 by killing off their armies and boosting it back while having permanent score. This doesn't promote anything but more noobs popping up to spam suicide because they feel like having a good score in the era and people keeping their power low and XP farming to win the era...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:59 am 
Captain
Captain

Dawnice wrote:
khalily wrote:
vishesh1999 wrote:

In the boost menu

It hasn't been put in yet. :)

Ok please put it quickly

And Seth said they r low on funds?
With the ads and so many supporters. So many ppl online How they can be short at funds?

It will be better if they can tell us how much they earn from a particular server?
And how much it costs to run it? Wat r their salaries? :mrgreen:
I'm sure they can answer these

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:40 pm 
Private
Private

after reading everything(excluding pages 10-12 since they seemed to be the same stuff)

i can understand the reasons for these updates

i however still disagree with the less tokens part

seth mentioned to omega that he might know a player who "abuses" the voting/foreign server

as ive discussed it in the past with 3 admins there was never a rule against using the tokens i racked up on them towards a single map on the main server

and so i started using a new account every era for the blues id get from achievements, voting, and begining

as a result i was fully able to compete toe to toe with mega boosters(excluding the fact that i was unable to recover from battles as quickly)

some may consider this unfair but its a rather simple thing to do
all i did was use the thing that this game is based on

my tactical ability and utilized everything at my disposal

i tyically ended in top 20 on solo using this tactic but now i can barely manage top 50(and i make top 80 without a single red or blue on average)

im unable to see how it abusing it aside from the aformentioned incomplete voting

in all honesty im intriged by this new challenge that this update will provide me but to those who cant compete against ppl who do mega boost this will provide more of a challenge to them gaining score from simply killing some units wont change the fact that u lost all ur army

had 600 inf(200 score right?) vs 4000
gained idk 60 score from kills but still lost
a full squad is 20 score correct?
so i gained 60 score but lost 200

the benefit is hardly worth the lose but again a skilled tactition would be able to use this to their advantage and i plan to find out how i can myself

but i think the only way to end all these complaints regarding boosters and non boosters is to do wat ive requested since i began playing(never once have i myself actually recieved an answer to this suggestion i'd like to add so plz dont bite off my head if uve answered it to someone else)

i think there should be a nonboosting map for each world

in such a map noone can put the blame on anything other than their own skill

ps flying pumpkins is hilairous XD(maybe for later consideration something like a different flying object for different rewards? idk lol)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:48 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Does anyone know this if this update will take effect for the current era? Will all of our scores suddenly be adjusted to reflect our era kills thus far?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:53 pm 
Private
Private

hitchinsd wrote:
Does anyone know this if this update will take effect for the current era? Will all of our scores suddenly be adjusted to reflect our era kills thus far?

im guessing it'll be placed in wen a map resets

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:06 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Guess its time for everyone to jump on the dmg bandwagon and suicide/xp farm while you gain permanent score! Remember if you keep killing off your armor you will still keep low power and be able to farm off everyone! Ya gogogo! XP farmers to victory!

This idea seems to be just plain stupid to me. We are going to have mass boosting suiciders now who can get ranked 1 by killing off their armies and boosting it back while having permanent score. This doesn't promote anything but more noobs popping up to spam suicide because they feel like having a good score in the era and people keeping their power low and XP farming to win the era...

Would give score to their opponent as well, I don't see how it helps them to suicide into people?

Ok please put it quickly

And Seth said they r low on funds?
With the ads and so many supporters. So many ppl online How they can be short at funds?

It will be better if they can tell us how much they earn from a particular server?
And how much it costs to run it? Wat r their salaries? :mrgreen:
I'm sure they can answer these

I'm pretty sure we have no obligation to give that to you and in reality, incomme varies A LOT. If you think anything else you haven't been around.

after reading everything(excluding pages 10-12 since they seemed to be the same stuff)

i can understand the reasons for these updates

i however still disagree with the less tokens part

seth mentioned to omega that he might know a player who "abuses" the voting/foreign server

as ive discussed it in the past with 3 admins there was never a rule against using the tokens i racked up on them towards a single map on the main server

and so i started using a new account every era for the blues id get from achievements, voting, and begining

as a result i was fully able to compete toe to toe with mega boosters(excluding the fact that i was unable to recover from battles as quickly)

some may consider this unfair but its a rather simple thing to do
all i did was use the thing that this game is based on

my tactical ability and utilized everything at my disposal

i tyically ended in top 20 on solo using this tactic but now i can barely manage top 50(and i make top 80 without a single red or blue on average)

im unable to see how it abusing it aside from the aformentioned incomplete voting

in all honesty im intriged by this new challenge that this update will provide me but to those who cant compete against ppl who do mega boost this will provide more of a challenge to them gaining score from simply killing some units wont change the fact that u lost all ur army

had 600 inf(200 score right?) vs 4000
gained idk 60 score from kills but still lost
a full squad is 20 score correct?
so i gained 60 score but lost 200

the benefit is hardly worth the lose but again a skilled tactition would be able to use this to their advantage and i plan to find out how i can myself

but i think the only way to end all these complaints regarding boosters and non boosters is to do wat ive requested since i began playing(never once have i myself actually recieved an answer to this suggestion i'd like to add so plz dont bite off my head if uve answered it to someone else)

i think there should be a nonboosting map for each world

in such a map noone can put the blame on anything other than their own skill

ps flying pumpkins is hilairous XD(maybe for later consideration something like a different flying object for different rewards? idk lol)

I'm having trouble seeing your calculation for score?
If you kill 60 units, then yes, you gain 60 score.. but in reality, how is that in any way worse than now when you used to get 0?

This will help those with lower power to gain score as they can get double score for units they kill vs people who are twice as strong.

A non boosting server won't come due to costs.
As for giving less tokens.. We give out more tokens than ever before now due to winning prizes being at the highest level ever, 3 options to earn tokens trough surveys, toolbar, mail confirmation, our achievements, and now a new daily boost.

No, we're not giving out less tokens.. Less than before this update? Yes.
Less than a year ago? Not at all.

-----
It will be into all worlds on Sunday, but it won't count in earlier kills from before the update were implemented.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next