It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: TL;DR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:03 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I'm fed up with it! It's not my fault that I have so much to write that I actually write in all in a single post and not take pages and pages to express it! Still, I bet I'm pretty much ignored for them. So, is writting long paragraphs so damn wrong? Even here in debates, often the discussion stays silent for a while, even forever, usually just after a long post. Surely people now have more stuff to do, are more busy, but it just can't explain such lazyness to not swiftly pass around the key words in the paragraph, and it also doesn't explain why people don't reply to them either... Ofc that's understandable in the spam forums, etc. but on forums like this one and Suggestions, it's like people expect ideas to be written in a few lines and perfectly compressed. It's frustrating!!! I might be exagerating here, but I guess I just gotta bring it up.

Post subject: Re: TL;DR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:06 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

no comment

-Claw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:55 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

not really

a long, but good formatted post can make the readers more easy on the eyes.

it's not ur fault to have to much to write and explain in one post, however it is not our faults for being too lazy or too dizzy to read a long paragraphs either. But knowing how to make a long post that will make us read it will be very helpful.

how about using underlines or different color in important and key phrases?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:14 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Because the average battledawner can count their brain cells on their fingers. ^^

Liam wrote:
Rise my minions, VOTE FERR3T #1 FOR HEAD MOD!!

Simmen wrote:
How are you not a admin Hal?..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:29 am 
Captain
Captain

Long, single paragraph posts are often riddled with bad grammar, rambling, and a blur between many different points (which often are out of tune with the discussion and/or the truth.)

You can't blame people for avoiding these kinds of posts. But have you ever considered that maybe people haven't been avoiding them? Maybe they read them and decide they're not worth replying to.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:22 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

well correct!
u should never post like that....
always right to point
writing long paragraphs is that thing that makes the reader not too read
just too long

__________________________________________________________________sankalokcompany

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:43 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Well Vault, that might just be a personal flaw of yours then. I tend to write quite long stories too, my posts have been called "essays" in the past. Yet I still feel like they are read by many people, and they are quite often replied to. It's not about how long or how short you make your posts, it's about how informative, interesting and useful they are.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:23 am 
Captain
Captain

If anyone should get disappointed about posting big replies and the conversation dying, it should be me. Fact of the matter is, people dont care, and the people that do care dont care enough to sit down and type out a reply for a good 10-15 minutes. Lowest common denominator here are simply too apathetic to keep the convo flowing if the points addressed get hammered down by this annoying loser ducky who types out 2 pages worth.

Several posts of mine, the quoting and replying get so big, I need to do double posts because the forum doesnt support the character lengths involved. All for what? 3 pages of meek discussion then nothing. This area of the forum hasnt seen a good discussion for close to 2 months now it just isnt as trendy as spam is.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:30 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mrducky wrote:

If anyone should get disappointed about posting big replies and the conversation dying, it should be me. Fact of the matter is, people dont care, and the people that do care dont care enough to sit down and type out a reply for a good 10-15 minutes. Lowest common denominator here are simply too apathetic to keep the convo flowing if the points addressed get hammered down by this annoying loser ducky who types out 2 pages worth.

Several posts of mine, the quoting and replying get so big, I need to do double posts because the forum doesnt support the character lengths involved. All for what? 3 pages of meek discussion then nothing. This area of the forum hasnt seen a good discussion for close to 2 months now it just isnt as trendy as spam is.

I completely agree. The last good discussion that I have seen was about the worker cap.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]