It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Why.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:56 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:20 pm
Posts: 2236
Location: right here obviously
Gender: female
so today they removed a particular multiplayer map from the game MW2 because in a bathroom there was a picture with low res near unreadable text that said "Allah is beautiful". apparently this breaks some sort of islamic rule not to mention allah and muslims send activision threats.

first it's pitching a fit over a silly movie then literally taking the time to play a nearly 4 year old game and inspect a picture and throw a tantrum. grow up.

yes i mad.

_________________
the fabulous forum person, now with steam! steam ID: PrincessAbi


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:09 am 
BD Maintenance Team
BD Maintenance Team
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:55 pm
Posts: 1546
Gender: male
couldn't they just erase the picture?

_________________
Image
Apollo wrote:
Eh, I try to win every once and awhile. Gotta keep up appearances.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:31 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:20 pm
Posts: 2236
Location: right here obviously
Gender: female
yes, but that's too easy.

_________________
the fabulous forum person, now with steam! steam ID: PrincessAbi


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:24 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8018
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
it's their religion, and don't forget it's one of the most "anti'd" religion. Ppl may look at u strangely if u said u're a Buddhist, but if u say u're a Muslim or that kind of religious ppl, ppl will look at u in a total different way, or worse, getting made fun of, or insulted, or beaten up.

while it may be harmless, it will become a topic for those anti-muslim and racist, and it might be mistook for a sarcasm remarks, which is not good.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:25 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:43 pm
Posts: 275
Tenkai wrote:
so today they removed a particular multiplayer map from the game MW2 because in a bathroom there was a picture with low res near unreadable text that said "Allah is beautiful". apparently this breaks some sort of islamic rule not to mention allah and muslims send activision threats.

first it's pitching a fit over a silly movie then literally taking the time to play a nearly 4 year old game and inspect a picture and throw a tantrum. grow up.

yes i mad.



Wut? people play MW2 still? and they just removed the map?.....wow.

_________________
Skype:wtfer100
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:42 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:20 pm
Posts: 2236
Location: right here obviously
Gender: female
aister wrote:
it's their religion, and don't forget it's one of the most "anti'd" religion. Ppl may look at u strangely if u said u're a Buddhist, but if u say u're a Muslim or that kind of religious ppl, ppl will look at u in a total different way, or worse, getting made fun of, or insulted, or beaten up.

while it's "just a religion" and it's looked down upon, if they wouldn't behave like raging children over the slightest things it would be different wouldn't it?

and they told infinity ward to take it down "or face the consequences". what? whether they're anti'd or not that's out of line. you don't threaten to shoot a person for saying your waifu sucks.

and then it's just the stupidity of it, you see other religions shat on (i.e. jesus is made fun of in every possible way) and nobody bats an eye. then what isn't even disrespectful but a compliment turns into threats and taking out a whole product for a minor defect.

it's just blatant BS.

_________________
the fabulous forum person, now with steam! steam ID: PrincessAbi


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:46 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8018
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
that's becuz the Christians don't get insulted or if they do they didn't say it.

anyway, Infinity has to respect their religion. If Buddhists can't eat meat, u should provide a vegetarian meal for them. If Christians have to go to the church every Sunday, u should let that time free for them. And if Muslim rule is not to mention about Alah anywhere, u shouldn't mention about them.

I don't have any comment on the removal of the whole map, delete the picture is good enough. But I think it's becuz deleting the picture takes too much time and that would piss off the Muslim more so they decided to remove it first, delete the picture then put it in again. Or it is too much work for them to delete the picture so they removed the map completely. I can't say much about that.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:05 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:20 pm
Posts: 2236
Location: right here obviously
Gender: female
that's not the point. whether or not it breaks a rule or not

1) you shouldn't be threatning a company in such a way and
2) it's a global community. just because 1 person out of ten doesn't like steak doesn't mean take everyone else's steak away.

_________________
the fabulous forum person, now with steam! steam ID: PrincessAbi


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:12 am 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:23 pm
Posts: 30
Gender: male
It's just one map, but I understand your anger. Assuming this map was "DLC", then you paid for it, you should have full access. On the other hand, it's just the same with an ingame map. You buy the game, you want full access, but aren't there more than just one map in MW2, so why does it matter? In full honesty, the reason I don't care is because I hate the game.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Why.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:18 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 2:20 pm
Posts: 2236
Location: right here obviously
Gender: female
Happymeal wrote:
It's just one map, but I understand your anger. Assuming this map was "DLC", then you paid for it, you should have full access. On the other hand, it's just the same with an ingame map. You buy the game, you want full access, but aren't there more than just one map in MW2, so why does it matter? In full honesty, the reason I don't care is because I hate the game.

i don't play the game, and that isn't really the point im trying to make here. im saying even if your little feelings got hurt you shouldn't have the power to have something taken away from everyone.

_________________
the fabulous forum person, now with steam! steam ID: PrincessAbi


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl