It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hall of Shame
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:48 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:51 pm
Posts: 29
WHAT??? I DIDNT UNDERSTAND... WHAT IS CAPS LOCK? :geek: :geek: :geek:[/quote]

...self-fullfilled..


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hall of Shame
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:00 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:58 pm
Posts: 592
Gender: male
bennie466 wrote:
WHAT??? I DIDNT UNDERSTAND... WHAT IS CAPS LOCK? :geek: :geek: :geek:

...self-fullfilled..


shamefully you just double posted which breaks the forum rules. so backstabbing is bad but so is double posting. there has been stuff posted about backstabbing guess what it never got rembered. you know the worst thing is breaking the rules in BD backstabbing has happened for 6+ years and nothing can be done because most of the world doesnt care!


Last edited by themicker99 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hall of Shame
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:57 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:51 pm
Posts: 29
themicker99 wrote:
bennie466 wrote:
WHAT??? I DIDNT UNDERSTAND... WHAT IS CAPS LOCK? :geek: :geek: :geek:


Quote:
...self-fullfilled..


shamefully you just double posted which breaks the forum rules. so backstabbing is bad but so is double posting. there has been stuff posted about backstabbing guess what it never got rembered. you know the worst thing is breaking the rules in BD backstabbing has happened for 6+ years and nothing can be done because most of the world doesnt care!


I just replied to a sarcastic remark. Nothing wrong about that. But I see you missed the point about the purpose of this forum. Almost every post leads to discussions, and in the end it will hardly result in paradigm shifts. Should we say that the forum is obsolete for this reason?
The forum is a medium to express your opinion. Some guys agree with your opinion, some guys won't. I don't care if backstabbing has been discussed in other posts in the past. The power of repetition is clear. Gradually more and more will oppose to backstabbing. I believe behaviour can be changed. You don't believe that. That's up to you. But respect others opinion about that, just as I respect yours...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hall of Shame
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:59 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:29 pm
Posts: 57
Gender: male
bennie466 wrote:
bennie seriously this is just a game no need to drag in rl stuff etc... yes backstabbing isnt good but it does happen, and you might not want to say this but it happens every single era weither you see it or not somebody does.


[sigh...] and another guy thinking there is nothing you can do about backstabbing. Nothing will change if you won't discuss it. Indeed, its just a game, but is everything allowed in a game like this? The purpose of this post is just to show the world who are the backstabbers here, so we won't forget them. My decision which ally I will join next era is based on the reputation of the players in that ally. I'm not special, so I know there are more ppl like me judging and decide which guys they like to play next era's and which they will never play with. I will never join an ally of backstabbers. Birds of a feather...
In this game ppl like to talk about honor and respect. These are rl values. Ppl feel good about themselves when they are honored and respected, irl and in game. Now, isn't it allowed to talk about disrespectful behaviour and dishonesty? If it is allowed, then why isn't it allowed to talk about a Hall of Shame? After all, in a HOF ppl are honoured for their achievements, but the way they achieved their rank should be visible in a HoS. I still think its not a bad idea. You might disagree with it, but its my opinion. And we live in a free world, so respect my opinion please, just like I respect yours.[/quote]

First of all, what personality you have in a game doesn't effect the personality you may have in RL. Some people play games to take on new identities, some people play games to be themselves. It's the way our bodies are programmed that determines whether we want to try new personalities or stick with the ones we feel comfortable with.

And the Hall of Shame is a horrid idea, and it's also an opinion. Sure, I may respect your opinion but I don't think you have to come on here saying you think it should be made because truth is, it never will be. And a Hall of Shame doesn't even logistically make any sense, because like I said people can take on different personalities from round to round, seeing which one suits their playstyle the best. To me, this thread was simply made to make directed personal attacks at players which you are now butthurt from. If you want to go about this the mature way, then you would confront the player privately and discuss your matters with them, not come onto the public forums where you simply just try to talk down other players, no one cares to be honest.

And please just keep your opinions to yourself, you're really not helping the community out by posting threads like these and responses like the ones you have been posting thus far.

Regards,
TXTiki

_________________
IGN: Ballistix/Author of Salvation/TXTiki/Rarnia/State of the Art


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hall of Shame
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:11 pm 
BD Maintenance Team
BD Maintenance Team
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:55 pm
Posts: 1546
Gender: male
I think what bennie meant to say was like in real life where people will betray you and so on people in game will do it too, thus a reflection of society not necessarily person's reflection in real life and how that affects in game behavior.

_________________
Image
Apollo wrote:
Eh, I try to win every once and awhile. Gotta keep up appearances.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hall of Shame
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:45 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:58 pm
Posts: 592
Gender: male
bennie466 wrote:
themicker99 wrote:
bennie466 wrote:
WHAT??? I DIDNT UNDERSTAND... WHAT IS CAPS LOCK? :geek: :geek: :geek:


Quote:
...self-fullfilled..


shamefully you just double posted which breaks the forum rules. so backstabbing is bad but so is double posting. there has been stuff posted about backstabbing guess what it never got rembered. you know the worst thing is breaking the rules in BD backstabbing has happened for 6+ years and nothing can be done because most of the world doesnt care!


I just replied to a sarcastic remark. Nothing wrong about that. But I see you missed the point about the purpose of this forum. Almost every post leads to discussions, and in the end it will hardly result in paradigm shifts. Should we say that the forum is obsolete for this reason?
The forum is a medium to express your opinion. Some guys agree with your opinion, some guys won't. I don't care if backstabbing has been discussed in other posts in the past. The power of repetition is clear. Gradually more and more will oppose to backstabbing. I believe behaviour can be changed. You don't believe that. That's up to you. But respect others opinion about that, just as I respect yours...


i do respect it. i would like to see backstabbing end but every time some alliance has tryed to it hasnt worked. now if all of us did like we used to on old client by the world vs backstabbers backstabbing would most likely end. but i never see anyone doing that anymore. sigh if they world would stick together and fight together against backstabbing allies hostiles what ever it would come to an end in a certain world as that world would be known as a none backstabbing world. thats my opion yes. but please limt your self to one post at a time if nobody replies wait till you get a reply in it then post again :).

~Fire of Darkness

P.S. if the world could only get along!


btw have a nice day!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hall of Shame
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:53 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:43 pm
Posts: 275
Backstabbing is part of the game.....deal with it people....this isn't irl.....

_________________
Skype:wtfer100
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hall of Shame
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:01 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:58 pm
Posts: 592
Gender: male
massgenocide wrote:
Backstabbing is part of the game.....deal with it people....this isn't irl.....


thank you finally somebody agrees with me :).

its sad when it happens but it is apart of the game


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hall of Shame
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:14 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:51 pm
Posts: 29
Quote:
First of all, what personality you have in a game doesn't effect the personality you may have in RL. Some people play games to take on new identities, some people play games to be themselves. It's the way our bodies are programmed that determines whether we want to try new personalities or stick with the ones we feel comfortable with.

I disagree with that. I believe that you don't do things against your nature. When its despicable, you feel bad about it.

Quote:
And the Hall of Shame is a horrid idea, and it's also an opinion.

Indeed, your opinion. Not mine.
Quote:
Sure, I may respect your opinion but I don't think you have to come on here saying you think it should be made because truth is, it never will be.

Again, your opinion. Not mine..
Quote:
And a Hall of Shame doesn't even logistically make any sense, because like I said people can take on different personalities from round to round, seeing which one suits their playstyle the best.

As you know by now, I disagree.. In my opinion, that doesn't make sense.
Quote:
To me, this thread was simply made to make directed personal attacks at players which you are now butthurt from.

It's my opinion based on facts (which can be proven of course).
Quote:
If you want to go about this the mature way, then you would confront the player privately and discuss your matters with them, not come onto the public forums where you simply just try to talk down other players, no one cares to be honest.

Thats a choice. I choose the forum. Just respect that.
Quote:
And please just keep your opinions to yourself, you're really not helping the community out by posting threads like these and responses like the ones you have been posting thus far.

Tell me, in what way do you respect my opinion, if I'm not allowed to choose the forum to discuss this? And who says I'm not helping the community with this? You're only giving us your point of view, not the point of view of all Forum users.

Discussing bad behaviour of players here, or even create a HoS (for notorious players always exposing this kind of behaviour) is not a bad idea at all (IN MY OPINION!!). Only when you communicate about bad behaviour, you can change it. When you don't discuss it, nothing will change.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Hall of Shame
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:16 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:43 pm
Posts: 275
Go to home and then where it shows "Launch Game" read the small script labeled "What is Battle Dawn" it mentions betraying in the game......if you don't like it don't play Battle Dawn then, if your leaving please shut the door behind you then

_________________
Skype:wtfer100
Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl