It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Dear Diazespam
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:32 pm 
Major
Major

Alright, I am starting to show abs but just the outline and only if I do this weird suck in/flex :P

I bench 155

squat 210

My goals:

Defined abs
bench - 180
squat 240

this is in pounds, are these goals manage able without using protein/supplementing? :P

Post subject: Re: Dear Diazespam
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:08 am 
Private
Private

When you say you bench 155, do you mean you do one and then fall over dead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:45 am 
Major
Major

you should be an olympian.

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:34 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

who needs to measure the amount of weight they can lift, come work with me on the family farm and you will be ripped like me in no time, but if you do come i might kill you within the first 2 hours since im sure you arent use to working hard

skype thoth.moon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:10 pm 
Captain
Captain

Jake wrote:

I bench 155

squat 210

This would be very impressive if you were a 100lbs 4ft6 manlet. On the other end of the scale it would be very laughable if you were 6ft6 and 250lbs. Try to go by percentage of bodyweight, it's a much better indicator.

Also, is this your one rep max, or for reps?

Quote:
this is in pounds, are these goals manage able without using protein/supplementing?

Without using protein? No... But I highly doubt you can eat without consuming protein, its in everything...

General rule of thumb though is 1g of protein per 1lbs of lean bodyweight for absolute minimum. 1.5g per 1lbs for gaining muscle. 2g+ per 1lbs if you are training seriously.. So you should work out how much protein you are eating each day. If it is below the minimum, either eat more or invest in buying (the cheapest you can find) whey powder.

Some will tell you it's a waste of money, but these same people probably spend more money per day on chocolate bars and soda than it would cost you to eat a scoop or two of whey powder. Plus, it's a lot easier than cooking an extra meal. (Whey powder is pretty much just the proteins from milk/cheese extracted and concentrated into a powder form. There is nothing bad about it)

I have no idea what your training is like.. I'm guessing you're probably doing it all wrong because everyone does. So here are my quick pointers...

-Deadlifts, squats, bench press, overhead press, pull ups. Don't waste you're energy on other lifts. Just keep the energy to make sure you perform these lifts perfectly.

-Eat the majority of your daily protein within 1 hour of lifting.

-Don't do more cardio than you need. If you play basketball at school, then fair enough... But it's a strong belief of mine that "cardio kills gains", even though many will say this is a myth. It's true for beginners. I.E you.

-Do 3 sets of 12 reps for every lift (excluding deadlift, unless you want to snap your (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) back 2 sets of 5)

-If you feel you can do a 13th rep, move up a weight next time. You should never be able to complete a 13th rep. But you should try it each time.

-Chicken, chicken, chicken. It's the best food there is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:16 pm 
Captain
Captain

gunsgunsguns wrote:
who needs to measure the amount of weight they can lift, come work with me on the family farm and you will be ripped like me in no time, but if you do come i might kill you within the first 2 hours since im sure you arent use to working hard

Please show us how ripped you are, bro. If you don't, I will assume you are either a skinny weakling or a fat-so who is jealous of people like jake who are willing to put in the effort to improve themselves mentally and physically.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:26 pm 
Private
Private

Ugh I would post a pic of me on here but I know dawny in real life and that would be exceedingly awk.

Let me just put this out there.

I go to the gym 4 times a week (habit that I started a while ago that I never really gotten out of, even really when I need the time). I'm not built like Diaze but decent, probably strongest part of body are abs. And I'm happy with what I'm doing so I won't necessarily talk about that.

Rather, I'd like to know what motivates you guys to work out. I mean, when you're on your fourth set of chin-ups, #25 or something after a good session and it feels like your body is going to give, what do you think about?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:39 pm 
Major
Major

Not really a beginner just wanted to know your opinion more or less. I had a personal trainer teach me all the forms over a year ago for everything, I know for a fact I am doing it all safely efficiently and effectively. Now I just go to the gym every day+I have weights and conditioning an hour a day.

Details on my training:

- I have a pre planned workout schedule that works my thighs calfs back biceps and triceps evenly, I don't do much cardio I run for speed though a lot.

I have been lifting a long time now, and I am just now becoming confident enough to talk about it...

I have improved a ton, last year I weighed a good 160 and benched 115... >.> which is just sad xD sooo weighing 135 and benching 155 imo is a drastic change. This year will be my first real hard year though so I am looking to get a good 30-50 pound improvement on all my one reps. Keep in mind I am 15 years old :P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:58 am 
Captain
Captain

flash9k wrote:
Rather, I'd like to know what motivates you guys to work out.

In my old job my life depended on being physically (and mentally) the best I can be. The mindset has just carried on.

I can't figure out why anyone wouldn't want to improve themselves to be the best they can be. Everyone wants the best gadgets, the best car, the best education, the best career... So why settle for a bare minimum body?

(Gonna do red for replies because I'm lazy)
Jake wrote:
Not really a beginner just wanted to know your opinion more or less. I had a personal trainer teach me all the forms over a year ago for everything, I know for a fact I am doing it all safely efficiently and effectively. Now I just go to the gym every day+I have weights and conditioning an hour a day.
I seriously hope you aren't doing the same muscle groups each day?

Details on my training:

- I have a pre planned workout schedule that works my thighs calfs back biceps and triceps evenly, I don't do much cardio I run for speed though a lot.
What about all of your other muscles?

I have been lifting a long time now, and I am just now becoming confident enough to talk about it...

I have improved a ton, last year I weighed a good 160 and benched 115... >.> which is just sad xD sooo weighing 135 and benching 155 imo is a drastic change. This year will be my first real hard year though so I am looking to get a good 30-50 pound improvement on all my one reps. Keep in mind I am 15 years old :P
How tall are you out of curiosity? Unless you are <5'5 I would say you need to put on some weight now. Congrats on the cut though. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:11 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Diazepam wrote:
gunsgunsguns wrote:

Please show us how ripped you are, bro. If you don't, I will assume you are either a skinny weakling or a fat-so who is jealous of people like jake who are willing to put in the effort to improve themselves mentally and physically.

i cant post a picture of myself anywhere because of who i work for.......government

but i am and will never be fat, my motabalism is way to high

but just to let you know, when i go to 5 guys to eat, i order a 7 patty bacon cheese burger with everything on it, and then i get 2 large frys

i way about 180

but i work on my family farm also and i go to college, if i could post a picture of me, i would but i cant

maybe one day we can meet, like maybe a battledawn gathering, and then ill show you how ripped i am

skype thoth.moon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next