It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: The chinese will rule the sporting world
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:20 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I'm sorry I'm totally lost. What? Are you talking about deformities? Or are you talking about autism, down syndrome, mental illness, sexuality etc.

Spoiler:
TKT - Rank 10 E3
NICT - Rank 9 F2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:00 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Wolowitz wrote:
I'm sorry I'm totally lost. What? Are you talking about deformities? Or are you talking about autism, down syndrome, mental illness, sexuality etc.

all of them dyl... everything that will, or might, go wrong with the newborn baby.

and just when "Chinese" or the East turned to genetic problems :/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:24 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

It would be inhumane not to fix physical deformities. Give them a normal life. It doesn't make them unique or special, there's a much greater chance of it making them depressed and/or self conscious.

Spoiler:
TKT - Rank 10 E3
NICT - Rank 9 F2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:52 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
And Allen, why should we not implement this as a policy? I can't say I don't agree, but what is your reasoning for it?

Eugenics is wrong. I would even go on to say that its immoral. Forced sterilizations, forced abortions etc., Abortions decided by the mother is Okay, but when the mother refuses then no one else has the right to force her to have an abortion. Thats just ridiculous. The Nazis did it. They killed deformed and mentally challenged individuals in a bid to increase the overall gene pool. Id prefer the gene pool to stay a bit inferior if you can call it that, in order to stay human. Certain things are better left without science interfering.

Quote:
Last time I saw you posting you were posting long, detailed posts with arguments and reasonings, what happened?

About what? Anyway, I dont have much time. Just check in every once in a while these days. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:35 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Why is it wrong? We're not nazis. It's not in the name of eugenics. So what's the big deal?

Spoiler:
TKT - Rank 10 E3
NICT - Rank 9 F2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:44 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Wolowitz wrote:
Why is it wrong? We're not nazis. It's not in the name of eugenics. So what's the big deal?

who are u to determine if the baby is worth being born? Deformed, maybe, bad gene, maybe, but not useless.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:56 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I didn't say anything about abortions or if they deserve to be born. At all.

I was saying that if you can fix them, do it.

Quote:
Give them a normal life. It doesn't make them unique or special, there's a much greater chance of it making them depressed and/or self conscious.

And who are you to determine that the baby should be kept the way it is? You can't deny that a person would be happier being normal. Not deformed. To not allow a doctor to fix your child when he can is inhumane. Imagine all the stares he/she will get. Imagine all the bullying. Imagine all the problems. And for what? For opposing an ideology that's no threat to us anymore? For keeping them as they are, so they can be different or special? No. It's not worth it.

Spoiler:
TKT - Rank 10 E3
NICT - Rank 9 F2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:47 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -bars.html

Now that is a little bit disturbing :S

Quote:

I dont consider abortion immoral, if the mother decides so. To me, simply speaking from a moral standpoint, I would be pro-life if it was an independent life form. A baby isnt. Its dependent on the mother and therefore the mother can decide whether to abort or not. BTW dont get me wrong, I should have said Foetus, not baby. The Foetus in abortions, is not yet a living person, its just a bunch of cells if you can call it that. Or I dont know how to put it better.

I consider Eugenics or anything that resembles Eugenic principles, especially forced abortions, sterilizations etc immoral. That is done not through choice, but through coercion. Hence why its wrong.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5